Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

717 profile views

Driver8rws's Achievements

KIC Local

KIC Local (2/13)



  1. I think a single rail coaster like Jersey Devil is kind of "the thing" right now and would fit great in that area.
  2. We just visited Six Flags Great America on 6/3, 6/4, & 6/8. Wow to Goliath!! I SO wish that KI would have gotten a ground up RMC ride just like GOLIATH rather than Mystic Timbers. It is so FUN, so smooth, so flippy, and so many headchoppers. What a blast! Six Flags Great America is a HOT park (all black asphalt everywhere)! Also very annoying you have to walk the whole "loop" to get anywhere. NO "cut throughs" in the middle... The landscaping/maintenance at Kings Island totally destroys Six Flags Great America! Almost every bush and tree are WAY overgrown and spilling into the que lines, tons of weeds on every flower bed, and many unmowed areas. LOTS of painting needed and dilapdated looking structures in a lot of places that need repair. If no one was there you'd sware it was an abandoned park... Pretty bad in that area. Raging Bull DEFINITELY rivals Diamondback. Very different. My 13 son likes it better than Diamondback. Maxxforce is awesome but wouldn't wait more than 20min for it again. Also had major staffing problems at concessions and drinks. Long lines, and only about half of the places open.
  3. YES!! That's the PERFECT word! I've been saying "too smooth" but I love smooth coasters. So that's not the right way to say it. GRACEFUL is perfect. ORION IS TOO GRACEFUL! That's it's problem. No excitement, no thrill. And the STRAIGHT part of the drop is too short. (bottom curve out of drop is too pronounced/long)
  4. They still have one just like it at Carowinds! Pic 191 in this collection shows the KI one really well. This is what they paid homage to by making the new one at the new entrance to White Water Canyon a few years back.
  5. Assumed (hoped?) they'd honor the drink plan on to next year like the passes and the dining plans, but wonder if I can change to a bottle next year?
  6. I agree. I've ridden Orion in the back and barely feel any pull at all. That is what I usually love about the back row of every coaster. Don't know if it's because of a shorter train? Or more than likely, because it's half empty? Front seat is the way to go to feel the speed on Orion.
  7. I'd say it's a 99% chance they'll use the SAME ones next year. I opted for paper cup this year so I don't have to use a locker at Orion. Hope to "switch" to a plastic bottle next year.
  8. Orion hasn't opened yet today (Tuesday). Its been running empty cycles all day.
  9. Rode Banshee for the first time this season. It is INSANELY rattley/shakey compared to years past! The transitions are all still nice and smooth, but the entire run shakes the crap out of you now. It makes the ride a little more "intense", but in a bad way. FYI, this was a back row ride. I usually ALWAYS ride in the front row...
  10. Only a few days for Springboro. Not sure about Mason. But I'm betting it's Aug 17...
  11. Yea, once school starts they really can't be open during the week. No workers... Bummer. Summer's almost over.
  12. I do NOT understand why they don't clean it off!?
  13. Probably my most fond memory is the boat ride into the giant television full of Hanna-Barbara animitronics. It's so distant of a memory but certain things in there I remember so clearly. So glad I got to ride The (original) Bat as well!! Of course, the first ride for my son on The Beast and Vortex and Flight Deck all in one day when he was FINALLY tall enough (with napkins in his shoes) at age 5 was pretty fun for me too...
  14. I went on opening day and yesterday. 95% of people are wearing masks correctly. 75% of people are trying to stay ~6ft apart. The other 25% like to get up on you in line just like always. That annoys me during regular times! There are arrendants in the bathrooms constantly cleaning. I'd still clean my own table to eat at though. You just don't know when a worker last did it. I avoid the weekends at KI like the plague in the summer no matter what, so can't help you on the crowd sizes. It was dead yesterday (Monday).
  • Create New...