Jump to content

Countdown to Opening Day for the 2021 Season: May 15th 11:00 AM!

Kings Island is now open for 2021.

Oldiesmann

Members
  • Content Count

    8843
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oldiesmann

  1. For me it's whatever the 2nd tallest coaster at KI is. Unfortunately I haven't been to very many parks - Magic Kingdom, Kentucky Kingdom (pre-Six Flags) and Coney Island are the only other ones I've been to.
  2. As I recall from the only time I've been there as a guest that early (when Firehawk opened), the front gates open around 9am, but they hold you to the front of International Street until 10.
  3. This photo clearly shows the twin decks at the top... (original location: http://kingsislandinsider.blogspot.com/200...ower-regal.html). http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_e6DmX3i-ePM/SagQ...-h/DSC_0003.JPG
  4. There are actually two platforms at the top - the open air platform and one right below it that's more enclosed. The lower one is generally open on rainy days since it allows guests to enjoy the views without getting drenched in the process.
  5. Just ordered one of each shirt. Had to pay the extra $1.75 for standard shipping in order to guarantee its arrival in time (with economy it was estimated that they'd arrive 3-6 days after the event...). As far as the shipping charges - blame UPS for that. If everyone would use Priority Mail instead of UPS, things would be much cheaper
  6. Kids sizes aren't available at the moment, but it shouldn't be too hard for Dane to add them. I've never run a cafepress store, but from what I understand it's just a few clicks to add an additional item to the store.
  7. Coasters that opened in the US in 1982: Corkscrew at the Alabama State Fairgrounds Grizzly at Kings Dominion Monser Mouse at Rocky Glen Sooper Jet at Adventureland Space Coaster at Saltair Viper at Darien Lake Of these, only Grizzly and Viper are still operating. Grizzly is a wooden coaster with PTC cars, while Viper is an Arrow custom looping coaster which appears to be similar to Vortex.
  8. Were they removed as part of an HB expansion or was there another reason for their removal?
  9. Looks interesting, but it would almost have to be a pay-per-ride attraction as the capacity would be terrible. It can only hold 16 people per ride.
  10. It's a shame that so many classic rides have disappeared. I don't know if I remember Der Spinnin' Keggers, but that looks like it was a lot of fun as well.
  11. It's 6am on Saturday actually. The 7:30am only applies to Sunday.
  12. Thanks for the info. Nice pic too
  13. As long as they don't rip out any of the rides, I couldn't care less about whether or not it's themed.
  14. I was looking through the historical photos, and vaguely remember riding the Witch's Cauldrons ride. Where exactly was this located and when was it removed? I looked at the 1989 park map and it wasn't on there, so I must have been fairly young when riding it (either that or I'm remembering Der Spinnin' Keggers).
  15. 1982: HB Carousel (and some other HB rides) Viking Fury Ferris Wheel Recar
  16. I wouldn't rely on that too much just yet. A couple days ago they were saying 60% chance for the 2nd, and that's now dropped to 40%. It's really too early to accurately predict it at this point.
  17. I wouldn't mind seeing a Smoothie King at Kings Island. They have one of those where I work and I'm a frequent customer, especially during the summer (though it doesn't hurt that Newport On The Levee employees get a 20% discount there).
  18. I still call them by their old names because I'm still not used to the new names for the most part.
  19. I'm sure building a steel one would be a lot easier than trying to build a wooden one like Knoebels is. Either way it looks cool.
  20. According to Wikipedia, the one being built at Knoebels is made by Mack, a German ride manufacturer. See http://www.mack-rides.com/lang-en/c122/default.html for more info on their bob sled coaster.
  21. I personally would love to see a bobsled coaster at KI. They're not too common (Wikipedia lists 8 that area operating and an additional one that's under construction), and it looks like a lot of fun.
  22. Officially, it says "before", but you should call the park to confirm this.
×
×
  • Create New...