Greetings everyone, haven't posted on this site in quite a while, but I'm back now because I'm planning a trip to Kings Island and Cedar Point trip this year during the first full week of June. I visited these two parks for the first time in 2015 and I'm thrilled to be heading back, especially since the two parks will have added three new coasters by the time I get there. Just wanted to ask a few questions to make trip planning easier, and also wanted to share my trip schedule to make sure the plans sound feasible.
Monday: Fly from Minneapolis to Toledo (with a stop at O'Hare) in the morning, drive to Kings Island, spend rest of day there. (I'm flying into Toledo because I found a nice airfare on American Airlines that was a lot cheaper than flying into Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus.)
Tuesday: Kings Island until 8 or 9pm, drive an hour or so northeast and spend the night somewhere.
Wednesday: Finish drive to Cedar Point in the morning and spend the rest of the day there.
Thursday: Cedar Point all-day.
Friday: Cedar Point until mid-afternoon, then drive to Toledo and fly home.
1) For lodging near Kings Island, I reserved a room at the Super 8 Mason near the park, but from what I've read after booking it, people have given it some very negative reviews. I already paid a non-refundable fee for the room, so is it really that bad? Personally, I'm not very high-maintenance when it comes to where I sleep. As long as I have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in, I'm good.
2) Since I'm a Cedar Fair employee (I'm a ride operator at Valleyfair), I'll be getting free admission and free parking at both parks. To any KI or CP employees on here, I'm assuming no on this, but would my VF associate ID allow me in the park for early entry/early ride time? Any other CF employee perks I should be aware of?
3) Since my visit three years ago was around the same time, I know what crowd levels to expect for the rides I've been on. How long should I expect to wait for the new rides like Mystic Timbers and Valravn, and what do you recommend as the best places to sit on those coasters?
4) Any good restaurants near KI or CP that'll be open after the park closes?
5) Anything else I should know that'll make the trip better?
Any input is appreciated.