Should Boomerang Bay serve Auzzie food & Beer?

italianchef

Since Boomerang Bay is billed as an "Australian" water resort - should it serve at least one Australian dish, such as a vegamite sandwich? And ought it not offer real Australian beer/wine such as Foster's? I think so. If you have a product that is themed after a foreign nation....you ought to be authentic.

Have a groovy day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

Good point! I don't see why PKI can't have an eatery that offer Foster's beer, Crocodile Dundee burgers (a fancy name for an American food), and vegemite sandwiches (real Auzzie cuisine). It'd be most cool and groovadelicious.

Have a happening day!

Crocodile Italian Chef

Oh no, Chef, for the first time I have to disagree with you...kind of. I agree 100% that if they are going to have an Australian theme it should be all-encompassing. Just two areas that I'm sure we can agree to disagree:

1. I think they should still have the basics (pizza, hot dogs, whatever) available somewhere for us wussy eaters who weren't forced to eat our veggies as kids and now fear them. (They could put it in little letters down on the bottom, a lot of chinese and mexican restaurants do that.)

2. I don't think they should serve beer - BUT if they do they should have authentic Australian.

So that's not like total disagreement, right?

Actually.....

I don't think Fosters means beer in Australia. Its my understanding that Australians don't even drink Fosters.. go figure.

However, most people don't know that, so it could be ok for Fosters to be served at Boomerang Bay. Although I don't think serving alcohol is ok at all at Amusement Parks.. i could see how this would be appropriate.

Oh no, Chef, for the first time I have to disagree with you...kind of. I agree 100% that if they are going to have an Australian theme it should be all-encompassing. Just two areas that I'm sure we can agree to disagree:

1. I think they should still have the basics (pizza, hot dogs, whatever) available somewhere for us wussy eaters who weren't forced to eat our veggies as kids and now fear them. (They could put it in little letters down on the bottom, a lot of chinese and mexican restaurants do that.)

2. I don't think they should serve beer - BUT if they do they should have authentic Australian.

So that's not like total disagreement, right?

Mrs. G,

Actually we don't really disagree. I think there should be one authentic Australian eatery for the adventurous that'll serve up things like vegemite and buffalo burgers. Additionally, there should be an all-American eatery with Auzzie names, such as Tazmanian pizza, Outback burgers, kangaroo fries, etc.

As far as beer is concerned, I seldom drink it as I am a red wine drinker. However, I realize that many of PKI's guests demand beer and since they do, Foster's or another beer would be most appropriate. Additionally, I lived and worked with Australians in Japan and learned how important beer is to their culture.

So, as you see...we don't really disagree.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Actually.....

I don't think Fosters means beer in Australia. Its my understanding that Australians don't even drink Fosters.. go figure.

in the movie "Kangaroo Jack", they had a scene in a bar in Australia, and one of the bar taps said "Fosters" on it!

Thank you for your insight!

I realize that some people disagree about the beer. And I repeat that I seldom (less than 5 times a year) drink beer. However, for a park to be authentic Auzzie, it'd have to serve beer and Auzzie beer at that.

The Australian diet isn't all that different from the American diet. They eat meat , potatoes, pasta, etc. However, they also eat buffalo burgers, vegemite, and some people even eat kangaroo! I'm not an expert on Australian cuisine...but lived and worked with Auzzie folks in Japan. Generally speaking, they are warm-hearted people and HEAVY beer drinkers. Whenever I drank with Auzzies and Japanese together....I outdrank the Japanese and the Auzzie WAY WAY WAY outdrank me.

Good day mate!

Crocodile Italian Chef

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think it would be cool if they served food and beverages in the theme of the area. But it would be a good idea if they served some regular food, for the people who dont wanna eat australian stuff. I think the beer would be okay, but it dosent really apply to me, cause I'm not 21 yet.

I agree. In fact, Jeff Seibert even said that the smartest thing they ever did with the Festhaus was take out the German food and replace it with pizza. Perhaps for the first year or so, they could have some Australian dishes, but more than likely, they'll just end up giving traditional American food cheezy Aussy names i.e. pizza=Syndney Slices... lol

I think what we will see in BB will be Auzzie names for American food. I just think that PKI serving authentic Austrailan food is a move too risky for them. They've tried serving German food in Octeoberfest and it hasn't worked out so I don't think they'll do it with BB. Now Austrailan beer is very possible, but I think PKI might already have a deal with Budweiser. That's not to say that they can't sell other beer though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Why would they serve beer?

First of all, WaterWorks served beer, so it'd be silly for BB not to offer it. Secondly, there is supposed to be a water resort styled bar...how can they not serve beer? And thirdly, beer is very much part of Australian culture, like Coca-Cola in the USA.

Good Day mates!

Crocodile Italian Chef

:cowboy:

Hmmm...I actually heard that in Australia, Fosters is considered to be not a very good beer, but I likes. I would like to see beer served also and maybe some authentic cuisine. I'm beginning to think that PKI needs to hire Italian Chef :chef: and let him take over the food service. Seems to me that he has many good ideas.

Hmmm...I actually heard that in Australia, Fosters is considered to be not a very good beer, but I likes. I would like to see beer served also and maybe some authentic cuisine. I'm beginning to think that PKI needs to hire Italian Chef :chef: and let him take over the food service. Seems to me that he has many good ideas.

Thank you for your vote of confidence! As you probably know I love cooking and traveling. To date I've won 2 cooking contests and produced and starred in a public access TV program, Home Cooking with Charles, from 2002-2003.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Italian Chef