Italian Job Music

2K Force

Can anyone help me with titles and artists of the songs played in the Italian Job station. I love the music they play in the station but I don't know any of the titles. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

If you're asking about pre-CF music, it was probably stuff from the film's soundtrack.

I didn't even think about the soundtrack, thanks. But I hadn't noticed that the music was any different since Cedar Fair bought the park.

Honestly, I haven't been to the park since Cedar Fair bought it so I don't know what is playing now but I know that paramount played stuff from the movie soundtracks on the rides before..top gun for example.

Didn't they play Zombie Nation in there too? or is that something else?

Yes they do play that. Every song they play there is techno and I'm almost positive most of them are not on the soundtrack for the movie. Next time I go, I'll try to write down some of the songs that I can recognize because they are awesome.

Can I save you some trouble? I listen to the songs all day, and yes, I hear them in my sleep...Ive been asked that alot!

The CD is "Fired Up Vol. 1" you can order if from Amazon

The songs played from that CD are:

Do you miss me by Jocelyn Enriquez

Around the World by ATC

I turn to you by Melanie C.

Dont call me baby by Madison Avenue

In a dream by Rockell

Just a little Bit by Motiv8

Free by Ultra Nate

Call me by Leclick

Better off alone by Alice Deejay

Nobodys supposed to be here by Deborah Cox

If you could read my mind Stars on 54

This is your night by Amber

Blue by Eiffel 65

Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation

The Bomb by the Bucketheads

One more try by Kristine W

Some of the songs are techno, and all are 'dancebeats'

To the best of my knowledge, I have never worked when Sandstorm has been played, and it is not on Fired up Vol. 1, However I wish it played, that song rocks.

With a couple ommitted from the queue up for obvious reasons!

And music licensing is a virtually completely different animal than movie licensing....Cedar Fair could, if it so chose, continue playing the International Street movies soundtrack for no different compensation than it is most likely paying to play the stuff they do now . . .they apparently do not so choose.

I miss the Top Gun soundtrack from the queue. Top Gun is my favorite ride, and it sucks not to hear "Take My Breath Away" while you are walking to the coaster. I DO occasionally hear a few of the songs, but they never match the TVs. Makes my brain go wonky seeing a modern pop video to early 90s music. :blink:

deb

Yep, the soundtrack is still there (as of this past Saturday). However, you may note that several of the QTVs immediately past the bridge have been removed from Top Gun`s line. Additionally, the QTVs that were located in the grove of trees near The Beast sign were also removed for this season.

Cory Butcher, you are amazing.

Haha, and why would that be? But thanks, I guess?!?

I wonder why they didn't put Q-TV in Firehawk's Line. Could Q-TV become a thing of the past soon?

Look at Cedar Point, I would say speakers and DJ boxes will become a thing of our future. Which really, I kind of like, if Im not talking to my friends, Im listening to the music, and barely have enough time to look at a screen. Of course, just because thats what Cedar Point does doesn't mean it will be what we do. I for one like requesting "Dashboard" by Modest Mouse :)

As far as the DJ booths in line, I think that would only work a few lines.

Beast - fine the way it is

Top Gun - bring back the soundtrack and play that as it has always done

IJ - got by just fine playing behind the scenes foatage when it opened, I say continue to do that if they aren't already

Vortex - Ok you could put a DJ here, but the line moves so fast it would almost be pointless

Firehawk - Probably the best line to put one in

FOF - Theming is enough

Racer - Again line moves too quickly, and is hardly ever long except on busy days

AE - Normally a walk on ride. Even if it's a full queue, you will only wait 20 mins max.

Face Off - Another good ride to have it at since the line moves so slow

The ideal line for a DJ is Action Theater. Smack a DJ booth right in the middle of all of those queues. The only problem is, I haven't seen those queues even half full on either side since the ride opened with Days of Thunder, which by the way was the best program run on that ride.

We are in complete agreement on Days of Thunder, it was by far the best! Firehawk is the first Cedar Fair attraction to come to KI so it would make sense that you could forsee a DJ booth going in somewhere.

I have a feeling though, that any newer rides we start to get will be equipped with DJ booths, as they will be the only rides to have long Q's. As that is in the future, none of us know what will happen, but I see that as a possibility myself.

I miss the Top Gun soundtrack from the queue. Top Gun is my favorite ride, and it sucks not to hear "Take My Breath Away" while you are walking to the coaster. I DO occasionally hear a few of the songs, but they never match the TVs. Makes my brain go wonky seeing a modern pop video to early 90s music. :blink:

deb

I love that soundtrack too, of course my favorite songs are playing with the boys(think that's right) and mighty wings. top gun wouldn't be the same without that soundtrack.

I've never paid any attention to the tvs but I've almost always walked right onto to top gun.