Teen Injured In Kings Island Parking Lot

The Interpreter

Yeah I agree. The driver should have been charged, and the person who got hurt should get charged too.

I agree that both should be charged but (unless the driver was swerving to try to throw the kid from the top) I don't think the driver should've been charged for vehicular assault because I think of that as more of hitting someone with your car because if you fall it's more than likely you'll get hurt. Also I don't think the driver shouldn't have been charged with reckless driving (again as long as the driver wasn't swerving) because all the story says was that the kid was going 15 to 20 which isn't that fast. If anything he should've been charged with reckless endangerment (under the assumption that the driver just went forward and was not trying to throw the kid from the top).

Do you guys think this would have made the news if it happened in a Kroger parking lot instead? I think not!

I agree. If it wasn't for the Superman Power Tower incident just happening and if it wasn't teenagers then there's no way this would be news. It's just WLWT wanting to catch parents appeal about their kids getting hurt at a place they think is safe. Whereas I see this instance as teenagers being idiotic. Where'd that one kid go that wanted to know if people thought his parents should let him go to KI with his friends?

Dumb sh!ts. I'm just waiting for them to try to come back on KI for some kind of negligence.

What are they going to say? The wind from face/off knock em off the top of the car :huh:

I don't know what they would say, but in sue-happy America I wouldn't doubt that excuse.

Dumb sh!ts. I'm just waiting for them to try to come back on KI for some kind of negligence.

What are they going to say? The wind from face/off knock em off the top of the car :huh:

I don't know what they would say, but in sue-happy America I wouldn't doubt that excuse.

What are you talking about??? Kings Island security should have been there to stop them! There's no way they could have know that this activity was dangerous!! [/sarcasm]

Uhhh, I tend to think that an incident like that has a chance of making the news in any public location

Think about the general stories that make the news.

The issues are a little complex with this issue.

The injured are probably eligible for Medpay if there is that coverage on the vehicle owners insurance policy. They probably would not be eligible for a personal injury claim against the owner unless the driver made some kind of action that caused the injury.

A little more complex than it appears on the surface.

Continuing to drive the vehicle while some of the passengers are atop it is no doubt some kind of action that contributed to the injuries. Yes, the passengers were stupid to get up there, but the driver was just as stupid to continue on. Somewhere deep within me, I suspect alcohol and/or some other kind of intoxication was a factor with one or more of the participants here. . .

Continuing to drive the vehicle while some of the passengers are atop it is no doubt some kind of action that contributed to the injuries. Yes, the passengers were stupid to get up there, but the driver was just as stupid to continue on. Somewhere deep within me, I suspect alcohol and/or some other kind of intoxication was a factor with one or more of the participants here. . .

Which is why I said not as easy as it may appear on the surface.

Let's just home they're not insured by my company.

Don't want that claim on Monday.

What are you talking about??? Kings Island security should have been there to stop them! There's no way they could have know that this activity was dangerous!! [/sarcasm]

...and that, my dear jury, is why my client deserves justice.

I love idiocy!

This type of claim would never reach the courts.

The one rule in life I have learned best is to never say never....

Then again, I remember a recent rather silly case about a pair of pants.

Remember, though, it DID reach the courts. Which did deliver justice. And how.

Yeah, but I'm pretty good wtih personal injury. I never say never unless I know it's never in that matter. <G>

Sounds to me like something that woudl be seen on "Jack-Ass". We have shows like that on the air and in theaters and then wonder why stunts like that are done? I'm far from a purist, but I really think that show took things TOO far.

Ive watched that show many many times, and I havent ever tried any of that crap...yes I know, Im a freaking saint! lol JK, but seriously I dont try that crap! and many people are smart enough not to, you just occasionally will get the people that got hurt in the parking lot.

Actually, BoddaH1994 is right. This could come back on the park because they are the ones that patrol the parking lot via security and park police. Some parent of the injured dumb*ss, I mean teen, who is looking for some $$ could potentially say that if they were patrolling the parking lot correctly that the incident may not have happened.

It doesn't sound fair at all, I know and I agree. But this is ultimately what it might come down to. Let's hope not. Obviously security and park police can't be everywhere at once to prevent every little thing from happening.

Actually, BoddaH1994 is right. This could come back on the park because they are the ones that patrol the parking lot via security and park police. Some parent of the injured dumb*ss, I mean teen, who is looking for some $$ could potentially say that if they were patrolling the parking lot correctly that the incident may not have happened.

It doesn't sound fair at all, I know and I agree. But this is ultimately what it might come down to. Let's hope not. Obviously security and park police can't be everywhere at once to prevent every little thing from happening.

Paramount would have paid them off, Cedar Fair would probably take them to court let them make fools of themselves.