Firehawk from Geauga Lake to Kings Island

Vortexallday

Actually, according to most accounts, it WAS built for Kings Island, and it is in the place that was originally designated for it, which is one reason it could be installed as quickly as it was. Irony, Sheer irony. The thing only ended up at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure after Paramount Parks declined to buy the second one. . .and now two of the three Vekoma Flyers operating in the USA belong to Cedar Fair--the company Six Flags was competing against when it installed X-Flight.

That's correct as both KI & KD orginally planned to install their own versions of the flying dutchman for the 2001 season but after Stealth turned out to be such a disappointment operations wise PP chose to terminate their exclusive marketing contract with vekoma but after the two rides had been manufactured.

As a result SFI picked up the rides & placed XF at SFWOA/GL & Batwing at SFA.KD got HS:XLC instead(a real POS investment that they're finally getting rid of) & SFA cancelled their planned B&M standup,which would've been a better ride than Batwing as Batwing suffers from poor capacity & frequent downtime.

Firehawk is in a weired place.. from the Eiffel Tower it looks weired.. it's 115 feet tall but FoF's building looks taller. From The SOB lift hill it looks okay. From Vortex Lift Hill, everything in the park looks amazing, and from The Beast's lift hills it looks good. It all depends where your at. Atleast the ride is good though. =

Firehawk is in a weired place.. from the Eiffel Tower it looks weired.. it's 115 feet tall but FoF's building looks taller. From The SOB lift hill it looks okay. From Vortex Lift Hill, everything in the park looks amazing, and from The Beast's lift hills it looks good. It all depends where your at. Atleast the ride is good though. =

You think Firehawk looks out of place? just imagine how out of place Dominator is gonna look sitting in KD's parking lot next year.I always wondered why the heck FOF's building was so large when the ride's highest point is only 78 feet.

Actually, according to most accounts, it WAS built for Kings Island, and it is in the place that was originally designated for it, which is one reason it could be installed as quickly as it was. Irony, Sheer irony. The thing only ended up at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure after Paramount Parks declined to buy the second one. . .and now two of the three Vekoma Flyers operating in the USA belong to Cedar Fair--the company Six Flags was competing against when it installed X-Flight.

There are more than 3 Vekoma flyers in the U.S. Six Flags has the Batwing in D.C. and I believe others in other parks but they may not be Vekoma. This is actually what irked me that this was placed in K.I. Every Vekoma Flyer aside from its paint job is exactly the same. I feel like the park is above getting carbon copied seconds. I understand that they were in a bit of a financial jam, wanted to get more out of their present assets, and needed a quick fix with SOB being out of commission, but I wish K.I. would have gotten something a little more unique. Tatsu looks sweet out in L.A. If they wanted a good flyer, should have thought a little bit more in the long term and gotten a B&M model. Just my opinion

just to let you know tastu is awesome but the pretzel roll hurts so bad