S.O.B.

adventure2007

Hey hey I rode it today and it was awesome. I didnt realize how bad i missed it until I went up the lift hill for the first time today in a long time. I have to say that it was a rush. I felt like a kid at christmas again lol. I can tell that they have really tried to smooth it out, but it still has its rough spots. It is fast and furiouse (awesome) a nice 4th of july present from the park thats for sure!!!!!!!!!! I rode it three times today.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new trains are pretty nice, they are alot more roomy than the old ones. They have alot more leg room. As far as the smoothness there were a few places where I felt like the bumps went right to my spine lol. I think I only waited for about 20 minutes each time i rode it.

After I found out it was open I went up right after work. The lines were about 20 minutes long for me a little longer the second time since I waited for the front. The new restraints were pretty comfortable they have a little padding around the bars. It's still fast and a lot of fun. The first time I rode near the back and got great airtime on the first drop. I'll be back on my normal KI day on Tuesday and it will be the first thing I ride.

well considering i rode it three times and i am still walking pretty good i wouldnt say it is unbearable lol. i think it just has that awesome wood feel to it but a few spots really get you good lol. i rode in the first car every time and the gates lined up perfect.

The gates are the same. The line up is a little off. They just shut off the back gates to comphensate for the shorter trains. I was lucky and got to the the FIRST public train. The restraints are better. I am a BIG person and had no problem fitting. The ride is a lot smoother. You do miss the loop if u rode it beofre. But u cannot have everything. Well worth it though....

Did they completely redo the station gates? Or adjust them so how?

From what I could tell the first seat was the old second seat and there were about 5 gates at the back of the station that are no longer used. They put up new railings to block these off but the old railings are still there. People seemed excited to ride it again from what I can tell. I know I was the park just isn't the same without it in my opinion. As for the loop I do miss it, but at the same time I'm just glad I'm able to ride it again. I didn't find it all that rough there were a couple of spots yes but it isn't in worse than any other wooden coaster. Plus I really like the new trains it was a nice comfortable fit.

The gates are the same. The line up is a little off. They just shut off the back gates to comphensate for the shorter trains. I was lucky and got to the the FIRST public train. The restraints are better. I am a BIG person and had no problem fitting. The ride is a lot smoother. You do miss the loop if u rode it beofre. But u cannot have everything. Well worth it though....

So you say they fit you pretty well? I'm just wondering if they will fit me. I just got to the point where I can't ride FoF and can barely get two clicks on The Beast. Can anyone compare and contrast the PTC trains on all the other woodies at KI compared to SOB's new ones?

Does anyone else think they will add anything to SOB for next year? Maybe a tunnel on the big helix like beast or at the very least a tunnel where the loop used to be. Maybe they could even theme the tunnel? I just really think they need to add something to compensate for taking away the loop. (maybe some fog in the tunnels too)

Does anyone else think they will add anything to SOB for next year? Maybe a tunnel on the big helix like beast or at the very least a tunnel where the loop used to be. Maybe they could even theme the tunnel? I just really think they need to add something to compensate for taking away the loop. (maybe some fog in the tunnels too)

If it was truly the Son of Beast, it should have at least one tunnel even if the mother had none.

It's nice to see that SOB is up and running again. Don't get to go to the park much any more. Over The Road truck driver. Before I started that I used to go about 25 times a year. Really, good to hear that Sonny is rattling chains again.

I use KICentral a lot for keeping up to date on the park. Thanks to all for posting!

George

Bear295

Just got back from KI myself. I arrived at about 1:40. Son of Beast was not open but there was a line so I joined it. At about 1:45 they opened it and I was officially in line and nothing was getting me out. The First ride that was open to the public they stopped on the hill. I don't know if it broke or if they meant to do it. I was on about the 9th train of the day in the third row. I must say I thought it was smoother than The Racer ride I did today. Yes it had its spots but its a freaking tall and fast wooden rollercoaster. If you want to compare the roughness of the ride then please make it comparable and don't say compared to a steel coaster that is rough. The only way to know if they improved it is if you had been on it when it had the loop. New SOB is a lot better than old SOB. So after I rode SOB first I decided to do Racer and Firehawk the SOB again. Then left

Why hasn't it opened with the park yet? The seats are exactly like The Villian? I thought they looked more like cars from Twisted Twins at KK. I was hoping for a little more padding but I'll have to wait to ride it to judge it. How many hours have they been running the coaster per day? Any mechanical problems? I hope it's running when I go down there. I have missed it for so long I want to ride it.