Man had a heart attack while in line for Firehawk.

pkifreakhogg

Yes I was there there and saw that guy that had the heart attack. I must say that once the ambulance got there, there was a lot of chaos. The emt's were arguing amung themselves as to who is going in the ambulance first, which way to put him in and the whole bit. He was turning blue and completely unresponsive. ( I was standing next to the ambulance) I think they could have handled that portion a bit better. The wife was yelling at them to get the ambulance moving. To me, it took them too long to get the ambulance moving. I sure hope that guy is okay. That was very scary. I almost didn't want to ride it after that,but rode FoF then went back to Firehawk. I hope somone can provide some updated info about this guy.

Hi everybody! I'm the nurse who assissted both the young lady who passed out in line while we were waiting and the gentleman who was in possible cardiac arrest. I was sitting about three rows behind the gentleman when my husband noticed a man screaming for help. Once I unlatched the restraint I ran up to him and immediatley assessed his condition. When I arrived, he appeared to be aginal breathing, which is an ineffective breath that your body does right before you shut down. I heard him take two aginal breaths while he was still in his seat. At that time I yelled for my husband to help me remove the man from his seat. Once we had him on the ground I was able to completely assess his condition. He had no pulse and no respirations. At that time, I began CPR. Thankfully, the man who noticed the whole thing from the beginning was a Respiratory Therapist...I am an ER nurse, so between the two of us we see this type of thing happen everyday. Oddly, I had just clocked out from a 12 hour night shift right before going to KI with my husband, sister and brother-in-law. So when first aid arrived with the AED, I threw the patches on him and waited for them to annalyze. Once annalyzed, a schock was advised and we procedded to deliver a shock. We were then told to continue CPR for a full cycle and allow the AED to re-annalyze. By that time they were ready to load him on the stretcher. I stayed behind and allowed them to continue care. I thought for sure that he would not make it. Personnaly, I've seen alot of people go thru CPR, and only 2 have made it. And of those 2, they both suffered brain injuries due to lack of oxygen. BUT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO HAS GOD WATCHING OVER THEM, FOR I WAS TOLD THAT NOT ONLY DID HE LIVE, BUT HE WAS ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIS WIFE HOURS AFTER GETTING TO THE HOSPITAL. I TRULY FEEL THAT THIS IS A MIRACLE AND THAT GOD PLACED US ON THAT RIDE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SAVING HIS LIFE. The doctors told his wife that had it not been for the fast actions of us, he would have never made it. Thank God that the coaster had not taken off, I really don't think he would have made it then.

DeeRN

Hey i was in line for Firehawk today and right before we loaded up to get on the red train a man collapsed and was takin out of the yellow train that he had just gotten into and was taking to the ground and givin cpr imediately. They did cpr for about 5-7 minutes and after the ambulance came and put him on a stretcher he had a flatline. Was wondering if anyone knew the status of the gentelmen. I give King's Island staff and medics an A+ for the quick work and they were on top of the situation immediately. Great job guys. I just hope he made it.

Kings Island staff and medics were not the ones who responded so quickly. It actually took them about 10 minutes to arrive on scene with the AED. Myself and a respiratory therapist are the ones who responded and began CPR. I actually thought it took them a little too long to get there. I would like to see them station AEDs thru out the park so that in the future a shock can be delivered even faster. Early defibillation and early cpr is the key to successful resusitation. I posted a response that tells what the outcome was....you may be surprised!!

DeeRN

Yes…thank God for putting you and the respiratory therapist a close to that man at the time he needed you most and Thank-You for your wisdom, fast action and for jumping right in for another fellow human being.

Hey i was in line for Firehawk today and right before we loaded up to get on the red train a man collapsed and was takin out of the yellow train that he had just gotten into and was taking to the ground and givin cpr imediately. They did cpr for about 5-7 minutes and after the ambulance came and put him on a stretcher he had a flatline. Was wondering if anyone knew the status of the gentelmen. I give King's Island staff and medics an A+ for the quick work and they were on top of the situation immediately. Great job guys. I just hope he made it.

Kings Island staff and medics were not the ones who responded so quickly. It actually took them about 10 minutes to arrive on scene with the AED. Myself and a respiratory therapist are the ones who responded and began CPR. I actually thought it took them a little too long to get there. I would like to see them station AEDs thru out the park so that in the future a shock can be delivered even faster. Early defibillation and early cpr is the key to successful resusitation. I posted a response that tells what the outcome was....you may be surprised!!

DeeRN

Yeah I heard about a girl passing out in line for Firehawk because of the heat, now.......I think they should put concessions or a vending machine atleast inthe Firehawk station.

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragment, it really means alot to hear those things. In my profession, it's rare to hear such positive feedback. I am just so excited that there was a good outcome in this situation!!

Thanks a million,

DeeRN