Special Announcement from KICentral coming soon!

Guest kwindshawne
Hey guys, Dane and Ryan let me in on what the date means...

You wanna know what it is?

Cedar Fair is going to announce that on that day, Kings Island will be sold to Six Flags.

What??????

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang you people are good! Ryan is going to announce that TRTR is being rethemed, the KI website is being redone, at least 2 new rides for `08, AND KIC is getting a new site design.

Just brillant.

Tom-Who kinda had a bad night if you couldnt tell

Tom, there is only one thing you left out that other people have talked about...and that is a KIC day at KI...hmm, devil's in the details...

Why not install "Moving Sidewalk: The Ride?" Have 4 moving sidewalks running throughout the park, just like at the airport, and you can just hop on one.

That's a pretty novel idea. It could be the longest and fastest moving sidewalks in the world!

Hahaha... maybe KI is announcing the addition of SHADING in the X-Base area!!! I burnt to a crisp in that area today! Maybe some more trees, tents/awnings, cool zones... SOMETHING!! -Hauntguy

Seriously! Those mesh things they have over the Firehawk queue is laughable. I had an idea to take that area and make it like a roofed lounge where you can sit down after you get a number when you get in line. It'd be like waiting to get a table at a restaurant with couches to sit on and of course AC. Obviously that'll never happen but a man can still dream.

Guest kwindshawne
If it is a park news and not a KICentral news item, the best announcement for me would not be a new ride, it would be that they are (finally) planning a new campground.

A lot of people miss the camground...and the trams...I hear that alot. It would be nice if they rebuilt it.

Hahaha... maybe KI is announcing the addition of SHADING in the X-Base area!!! I burnt to a crisp in that area today! Maybe some more trees, tents/awnings, cool zones... SOMETHING!! -Hauntguy

Seriously! Those mesh things they have over the Firehawk queue is laughable. I had an idea to take that area and make it like a roofed lounge where you can sit down after you get a number when you get in line. It'd be like waiting to get a table at a restaurant with couches to sit on and of course AC. Obviously that'll never happen but a man can still dream.

Anything would be better than when I went out to Magic Mountain a couple weeks ago, apparently getting heat exhaustion while queuing for X is a common occurrence. No shade AT ALL, horrible park.

Would that be August 4th, 2007? 080407? If I'm not mistaken, that's a Saturday... There's nothing on the PKI calender for that day! Hmmm....

Interp, you've always got me puzzled! -Hauntguy

August 4th 2007 is FearFest Auditions.

Cedar Fair is going to announce that on that day, Kings Island will be sold to Six Flags.

This was funny until that news post about the quiet Cedar Fair buyout. Six Flags can't afford crap (which is why they've been selling), but with all this shuffling in the business lately...it's getting a little nerve-wracking.

This was funny until that news post about the quiet Cedar Fair buyout. Six Flags can't afford crap (which is why they've been selling), but with all this shuffling in the business lately...it's getting a little nerve-wracking.

For the record, I had no insider knowledge of the buyout thing, pure coincidence, haha.

You're not the only one tired of new rides.

Why not install "Moving Sidewalk: The Ride?" Have 4 moving sidewalks running throughout the park, just like at the airport, and you can just hop on one.

You won't believe how good an idea that is.... However, this announcement has nothing to do with something from KONE, Schindler, or Otis...