S.O.B New Trains

mbpavilionfan

I rode all three of the woodies yesterday and I would have to say that Racer actually gave the roughest ride much to my surprise.

The new SOB is really great! I can actually enjoy riding it now! They really need to build some tunels though to make up for the loss of the loop. It would make the ride much more thrilling.

I rode all three of the woodies yesterday and I would have to say that Racer actually gave the roughest ride much to my surprise.

The new SOB is really great! I can actually enjoy riding it now! They really need to build some tunels though to make up for the loss of the loop. It would make the ride much more thrilling.

When I did the Son of Beast on thursday I thought the same as you that The Beast and Racer were rougher.

When I did the Son of Beast on thursday I thought the same as you that The Beast and Racer were rougher.

thank you! the rose bowl was still a little painfull i do like the idea of tunnels though

Tunnels would make the track maintenance this thing requires even more difficult, not to mention that any money spent putting tunnels on Son of Beast is money that can't be spent elsewhere in the park.

Kings Island is a business, with a budget. There are more important priorities than theming this coaster.

Tunnels would make the track maintenance this thing requires even more difficult, not to mention that any money spent putting tunnels on Son of Beast is money that can't be spent elsewhere in the park.

Kings Island is a business, with a budget. There are more important priorities than theming this coaster.

Everyone hates SOB i dont no why Tunnels would not cost so much and why would that have somuch matenience The Beast tunnel has been standing for all these years know i just think that a double helix tunnel just like The Beast would give it an awesome nastalgic kind of feel

Everyone hates SOB i dont no why Tunnels would not cost so much and why would that have somuch matenience The Beast tunnel has been standing for all these years know i just think that a double helix tunnel just like The Beast would give it an awesome nastalgic kind of feel

Not to mention that tunnels would create great advertising and probably would give the ride a much needed spark of (positive) public interest. IMO, it could be a good business decision, if it attracts more people to the ride and park. But then again, I'm not a theme park manager, and I have no idea how much someting like a tunnel would cost.

I, for one, loved the old SOB. I only rode it once, which was last year on June 30th. I was too scared to ride it on all of my other KI trips before then. I loved the amazing view it gave of the park. I rode it just a little before sunset. It was beautiful :P. I don't remember it being THAT rough. I DO remember my head being pushed down to the side due to the force that was being applied to it (I am pretty sure it was during the rose bowl) but I wasn't in PAIN. It was 10X better than The Beast in my opinion. I thought the loop was awesome, and I am hoping that removing the loop doesn't take away too much from the ride experience. I'm excited to ride it again this season, hopefully sometime early next month.

I rode it the 4th and 7th of July and I must say the trains are much better. Nice a roomy and they don't have those stupid feet things like FoF. As far as the ride goes, it is still ROUGH. My lower back was hurting after I got off. It still wasn't as rough as The Beast though. As far as the loop being removed, I don't think it took away any of the "thrills" . Trust me, for those who love to get thrashed and bashed around, there are plenty of "thrills" left.

I rode four times today. 2 in the Red train, and 2 in the blue. I'm going to say this now, and this is my opinion. IMHO, the red train is really smooth compared to the blue train. Maybe it's the fact that the red one has been tested more, but I dont know.

I sat in the front seat of the Red train, REALLY nice! It was so smoothe! Tried doing that with the Blue train, and it was bad. really rough. Sat in the middle of the red train, it was okay! The rosebowl was the worst. Sat in the last seat of the blue train. :-x. Enough said.

I dont know, maybe its just my brain, but me and my friend both agreed to only ride the red train for a while. I love the new Son of Beast. It's still my favorite at KI.