Beast Double Helix Tunnel

Firehawk Freak

That is why they have a sign that says, "Caution, keep your hands down and inside the car" They also have the automated spiel on the second lift saying "Caution, please keep your hands down and inside the car, please remain seated at all times, thank you".

• Like 1

Did they build the walls closer I dont remember them being so close until CF owned the park

No I think I remember a press release where they stated "We are going to be moving the walls of The Beast's second helix 5 inches closer to the track to teach everyone, who holds their arms up even though the signs say to keep your arms don, a lesson."

• Like 2

LOL, that is funny. I think if you hold your arms straight up you won't be in any danager of hitting your arms/hands anywhere. If you try to reach out to the left and your in the left seat you may be able to hit the wall. I never tired and don't plan on it.

Either way is taking a chance.

I can tell you first hand that people do indeed hurt themselves in this manner.

I personally had to assist someone (former Beast crew member many moons ago) once that had ignored all warnings and ended up with a broken wrist. And that was just one example.

Safety rules and warnings are there for a reason. I refrain from holding my hands up at all on Beast.

Shaggy

I'm sorry, but I don't believe any of you. There are saftey clearances on ALL rides and if you could touch the sides of the tunnel, the STATE OF OHIO inspectors would make them take it down or move it.

Just like they made Cedar Point put new concrete under the Magnum becaude it was sinking (another buch of bulls**t).

I'm sorry, but I don't believe any of you. There are saftey clearances on ALL rides and if you could touch the sides of the tunnel, the STATE OF OHIO inspectors would make them take it down or move it.

Just like they made Cedar Point put new concrete under the Magnum becaude it was sinking (another buch of bulls**t).

Well....reach your arm out and see then. :rolleyes: You can touch it if your arms are long enough. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yes there are clearance regulations if you are holding your arms up, otherwise wed hear stories of people losing hands and arms, however if someone wants to reach out and touch it chances are they would be able to, and I believe people that say they have. I mean safety regulations also design restraint systems that people can't get out of but people that really want to get out seem to be able to do so.

The Beast was built before the clearance requirements.

Please explain why Beast and ONLY Beast has audible cautions on the lifthill before the helix tunnels telling guests to keep their hands DOWN and inside the cars.

And I have personally been with at least a half dozen miscreants (one of whom posts on this board from time to time) who have proven to themselves that you CAN, indeed, hurt your hands on/in that tunnel.

• Like 1

Something I will always remember about The Beast. I hadn't been to Kings Island in two years, and didn't remember much of anything, and when i rode it, going into the first tunnel on the helix, where the left side gets really close to the wall, my friend told me. "Don't stick your arm out, it will eat it." It was just so funny, and now everytime i ride it, i think of that.

Something I will always remember about The Beast. I hadn't been to Kings Island in two years, and didn't remember much of anything, and when i rode it, going into the first tunnel on the helix, where the left side gets really close to the wall, my friend told me. "Don't stick your arm out, it will eat it." It was just so funny, and now everytime i ride it, i think of that.

lol