Beast Double Helix Tunnel

Firehawk Freak

I've always held my hands up through the tunnels. The last time I rode it (Pride Night) was the first time I ever made contact with the tunnel...I was in the left seat and the knuckle of my middle finger brushed the side. I didn't have my fingers fully extended, so I imagine it would have hurt if I had. I never thought it was possible, because I'm only 5'7", but it definitely is. I'll be pulling my arms in a bit from now on.

• Like 2

I am 6ft 3in-4in and I can and have hit/loved tapped stuff in The Beast tunnels. Its lower than you think. The ride was designed for the 80's and it seems to me people where much smaller then.

It's not that people were smaller back then. It's that people back then generally were smart enough not to try to touch the tunnel. Somewhere in the past 30+ years, humans have devolved into idiots that have to be protected from their own stupidity.

• Like 7

I am 6ft 3in-4in and I can and have hit/loved tapped stuff in The Beast tunnels. Its lower than you think. The ride was designed for the 80's and it seems to me people where much smaller then.

It's not that people were smaller back then. It's that people back then generally were smart enough not to try to touch the tunnel. Somewhere in the past 30+ years, humans have devolved into idiots that have to be protected from their own stupidity.

You calling me dumb? (just joking)

I would expect a park of Kings Islands caliber to design a ride where the tunnels are out of reach.

However I have noticed it seems over the past decade or so people have been getting stronger and taller, Just look at some of the people in professional sports. Your lucky to be a point guard in the NBA at 6'4 now days.

You calling me dumb? (just joking)

I would expect a park of Kings Islands caliber to design a ride where the tunnels are out of reach. I also advise my group members not to hold their hands up and they just smirck at me.

However I have noticed it seems over the past decade or so people have been getting stronger and taller, Just look at some of the people in professional sports. Your lucky to be a point guard in the NBA at 6'4 now days.

Your logic is impeccable.

You'd think they'd put up a sign that says something to the effect of: "DO NOT STAND UP. Keep Hands Inside Car."

Or maybe some sort of automated voice recording saying: "Remain seated throughout the entire ride, keep hands, arms and legs inside the car at all times. Thank You."

• Like 3

I've always held my hands up through the tunnels. The last time I rode it (Pride Night) was the first time I ever made contact with the tunnel...I was in the left seat and the knuckle of my middle finger brushed the side. I didn't have my fingers fully extended, so I imagine it would have hurt if I had. I never thought it was possible, because I'm only 5'7", but it definitely is. I'll be pulling my arms in a bit from now on.

And I'm positive you didn't mean to, it just happens. I'd thought it was an optical illusion that made the tunnel so small and off-kilter, we're looking at it from on top of a hill. I've never seen anyone deliberately put their arms out to the side to try to touch the tunnel, and I don't want to see the damage that would be caused if they did.