Old Screechin' Eagle

Firehawk Freak

Few know it, but Screechin' Eagle was itself moved to LeSourdsville Lake! It was originally installed at Moxahala Amusement Park in Zanesville. Blueprints for it probably do not exist, but might...There it was known as Cyclone.

Yes and I believe it had another name also but I like Screechin' Eagle the best unless it would go back in the Coney Mall area Cyclone would fit it best but anywhere else The Screechin' Eagle all theway.

From 1961 to 1977, it was known as Space Rocket. Remember the Whip and the Flyers? They also had a space theme, sort of.

As for Jack Rabbit at Kennywood, it was designed by the same brilliant designer who did Screechin' Eagle...John A. Miller.

I know John Miller Is A genious was the Thunderbolt at Kennywood a John Miller?

Jerry Couch, of Couch's RVs is the owner of the Americana/LeSourdsville Lake property. A lot of the rides are gone, but some remain. Mainly the Log Flume, all 3 coasters, carousel, trains and a few kiddy rides remain. The park really isn't in that great of shape. Like any thrill ride, things can be done to rehab the rides there, but it won't be easy or cheap.

that was in the Cincy Enquirer about a year ago (or so) when he (Couch) announced the park would never reopen- that the coaster, carousel, and flume would stay..... - why, I'm not sure. I'm certain that wood for the coaster has not been kept up as it should (it' been closed for 3 years).

My thought is Kings Island (Cedar Fair) would have little interest in a coaster like that, even for nostalgia purposes. Spend a few million on a new coaster that within weeks would have a shorter walk up line than The Racer's.

Not all rides from Americana/Lesourdsville Lake have been lost. Keep in mind that the Electric Rainbow is now operating at Stricker`s Grove. And the Rock-O-Plane has received a fresh coat of paint, and new lights and is thrilling dozens of rider at Coney Island. I even have ridden the Rock O Plane, and it is one intense ride!

Sadly, I doubt that the Screechin Eagle will operate again. Unless someone or some small park wanted to relocate it. I don`t think Coney would be interested, as it would likely be out of their price range to buy and move it (although it would be a great ride for Coney to have).

I think the coaster could be purchased cheaply, assuming the current owner would want to get rid of it.

But moving it and restoring it back to operating condition would be the problem.

If they are going to let it go to waste, then I believe the current owner could make some easy money from selling it, peice by piece, to coaster enthusiets like us. If I had any money left, I'd drop a fair amount of money to get a part from the ride.

Sadly, I doubt that the Screechin Eagle will operate again. Unless someone or some small park wanted to relocate it.

What about Stricker's Grove? Or would they be against it since Ralph Stricker built the Tornado and Teddy Bear (at least according to www.rcdb.com). They do have a good amount of unused land around the parking lot which the train encompasses.

that was in the Cincy Enquirer about a year ago (or so) when he (Couch) announced the park would never reopen- that the coaster, carousel, and flume would stay..... - why, I'm not sure. I'm certain that wood for the coaster has not been kept up as it should (it' been closed for 3 years).

My thought is Kings Island (Cedar Fair) would have little interest in a coaster like that, even for nostalgia purposes. Spend a few million on a new coaster that within weeks would have a shorter walk up line than The Racer's.

Its a john miller classic and could possibly be re themed The Racer still does draw a crowd great ride have you ever rode it i dont think you have or you would know it would get alot of attention

You would be surprised who knows who john miller is about every ACE member does and the JackRabbit at Kennywood still gets attention A wooden or any coaster on that point dosent have to be huge or tall or fast it has to just be a fun and good ride.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, Jack Rabbit is a much better ride than Screachin' Eagle...

You would be surprised who knows who john miller is about every ACE member does and the JackRabbit at Kennywood still gets attention A wooden or any coaster on that point dosent have to be huge or tall or fast it has to just be a fun and good ride.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, Jack Rabbit is a much better ride than Screachin' Eagle...

i disagree with you

• 10 months later...