A Step Back in Time at KICentral

Take a trip back in time to days when Kings Island was just starting to become what it is today. We have nearly 100 new photos of the park from its 1972 to 1975 seasons! But we didnt stop just there, we also have those seasons in video! Also included is some awesome shots of Vortex being constructed and King Cobra being constructed and tested over at the Togo plant in Japan!

Click Here for the Historical KICentral Photo Gallery!

Click Here to go right to the video!

If YOU have old photos, video, other media of years past of Kings Island and would like to share it with us, please contact us today!

Regards,

Dane

These pics are fantastic! I had never visited KI until the early-mid 90s. It's really neat to see all the things that were there before I ever saw it. Thanks to you guys for showing me the changes between then and now.

deb

AWESOME...thanks to whoever put that together. All afternoon I've been looking at my own pics and ones on KIC, and trying to match them up with the old ones...Its really neat (for better or worse) the changes over the years!

This is bloody brilliant. Thank you for making this. It is the kind of respect that the history of Kings Island truly deserves. Only, I still imagine it on a grander scale. Like, say, oh, I don't know, "Something that you can walk through." But this is great! Keep up the good work.

m.f.21

Yes, thanks for posting these amazing photos. I first went to Kings Island in 1973 when I was only 6 years old. Seeing these photos and that video clip really brought back the happiest memories of my childhood. It is so weird that most people on this board are so young that they do not recall the time shown in these photos. I remember it all so much. The old rides, the wonderful atmosphere, and so on. I miss the old Kings Island in some ways, and these photos helped me more vividly relive my memories of it. Thank you!