Vote what you want for 2008.

DropZone99

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want the new restaurants, shops, things like that, but I think first of all, KI needs to "drop the hammer". I think they've got a good selection of the smaller, family rides. I definitely do not think they need anything on the scale of TTD, but just a big (key word there) steel coaster. Even when I talk to families that go to KI, and after they talk about the fun their kids had on the kids rides...the parents always say things like "man, that Beast is still one bad ass ride, or The Vortex is still awesome, etc". The parents make the decision to go to the park, and for most adults that have grown up with KI (or parks in general), the "big ones" make them want to keep coming back. I see it all day long standing in line at KI. Parent(s) spending the whole time in line for a major coaster trying to convince the kid "it won't be scary"...lol. Mom and dad still want their big coasters!

I guess my post got deleted... anyway:

In the next two years I would like an intense, unique flat ride in X-base, and a long, fast, Maverick-like terrain coaster that starts where FX theater is, and goes through the woods left (and mainly out of sight) of The Beast. The coaster should have a unique element to it, launch at least once, and have some nice yet low-maintenance theming.

I highly doubt that Kings Island will get a major new roller coaster next year, on the heels of Firehawk. If we`re lucky, there will be a new flat ride or water park expansion, but I wouldn`t look for both. More than likely, there might be some general park improvements (like a new restroom back at X-Base).

As an aside, it seems that Canada`s Wonderland might be getting a fairly large attraction next year as they have already started ground work and pouring some footings. Of course the winters up there are much harsher then winters around here. (I still wouldn`t look for a major new coaster at KI next season).

In response to Shaggy's post --

All of those rides look wonderful. The problem being, some of them aren't up to the calibur of KI. I LOVED the Magic Carpet ride at KP, but I don't think CF could pass that off as a hot new attraction at KI.

My guess -- a version of Skyhawk to KI. Just a guess....

That Screaming Squirrel looks awesome for KI, it would fit perfect in X-Base.

=]

I was thinking the same thing! That looks awesome!!! I also had never seen a Sky Swatter before that has now been added to my list of flat rides Id like to see at KI (1) Huss Jump 2 (2) Sky Swatter.

"The problem being, some of them aren't up to the calibur of KI. "

Well, depends on the model/brand they get.

"I LOVED the Magic Carpet ride at KP, but I don't think CF could pass that off as a hot new attraction at KI."

BGW's Davinci's Cradle is one of my absolute favorite rides, and it was a "hot new attraction" once upon a time. ;-) Either way, I guess I was thinking more of a "package" of new rides, not just one.

"ki alredy has a mini flying carpet in kiddy land that is a terrible ride!"

Actually, that's a themed Zamperla Crazy Bus... and I'd hardly put it in the same league as a good adult flying carpet.

What would I want in 2008? I'm pretty sure everyone here would want a new coaster but it's pretty unlikely. I chose "Other" because I'd want an owner that isn't apparently looking to resell the park so it's future doesn't feel like it's in limbo. Other than that, I'd want a new show in Action FX Theater, an affordable sit down restaurant (basically affordable food overall), and more congruent/better theming. I could also go with a flat ride in X-Base even though there's not much room back there.

What would I want in 2008? I'm pretty sure everyone here would want a new coaster but it's pretty unlikely. I chose "Other" because I'd want an owner that isn't apparently looking to resell the park so it's future doesn't feel like it's in limbo. Other than that, I'd want a new show in Action FX Theater, an affordable sit down restaurant (basically affordable food overall), and more congruent/better theming. I could also go with a flat ride in X-Base even though there's not much room back there.

I think I agree with that statement that you have made but I would go with the new coaster to atract new people, or new bathrooms back towards Firehawk.

What I would like to see for 2008.

1. A start at restoring themed areas - especially Rivertown. Put something in all of the empty buildings there or tear them down and put in a flat ride in their place (maybe a real haunted house ride?). I'd also like to see the Log Flume be rethemed back to a Western style - Rugrats are kind of old news now, aren't they?

2. Add some theming to the train ride - some animated figures, animals - maybe some Ohio historical areas. And for heaven's sake fix up the buildings in the town and cut the weeds down IN them and around them.

3. LOWER FOOD AND DRINK PRICES!

4. Repair/restore The Racer. This is a great roller coaster but I believe it is too rough to ride now and needs to be shored up/retracked in some spots to make it smoother. I'm all for the rough experience of wood coasters, but not at the epxense of hurting my lower back as it gets slammed down into the seat numerous times.

Beyond next year, even though I would never ride one, KI needs to add a big steel coaster of some sort to compete with other parks.

Personally I would like to see a new twisting wood coaster like the Lightning Racer at Hershey Park.

I'd also like to see the Log Flume be rethemed back to a Western style - Rugrats are kind of old news now, aren't they?

Rugrats? dont you mean Wild Thornberrys? Rugrats are still shown on Nick at 7am and 6am on weekdays and they are on all day on Nicktoons Network so no they arent old news.And I doubt you'll see the log flume rethemed unless its rethemed to another Nicktoon that ride is now apart of Nick Universe.

My nephew loves the rugrats and watchs them and spongebob when I have to watch him.

As I said before all I want is a S&S Screaming Squirrel!!!

I think I agree with that statement that you have made but I would go with the new coaster to atract new people, or new bathrooms back towards Firehawk.

I am going to have to agree with you on that one.