Vote what you want for 2008.

DropZone99

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Repair/restore The Racer. This is a great roller coaster but I believe it is too rough to ride now and needs to be shored up/retracked in some spots to make it smoother. I'm all for the rough experience of wood coasters, but not at the epxense of hurting my lower back as it gets slammed down into the seat numerous times.

KI has already started to repair some of the track on Racer. I remember when riding Recar you could see the new wood on the drop where the tracks split. I'm sure they'll continue to do whatever necessary to make it a smooth ride.

Beyond next year, even though I would never ride one, KI needs to add a big steel coaster of some sort to compete with other parks.

Personally I would like to see a new twisting wood coaster like the Lightning Racer at Hershey Park.

I don't think they need to add a new big steel coaster to compete with other parks (since it is one of the most visited parks in the country) but they probably do need one to draw some more people back to the park. I would also like to see a twisting wood coaster but by the Gravity Group. I love the pictures I see of Hades and the Voyage.

I'd also like to see the Log Flume be rethemed back to a Western style - Rugrats are kind of old news now, aren't they?

Rugrats? dont you mean Wild Thornberrys? Rugrats are still shown on Nick at 7am and 6am on weekdays and they are on all day on Nicktoons Network so no they arent old news.And I doubt you'll see the log flume rethemed unless its rethemed to another Nicktoon that ride is now apart of Nick Universe.

My nephew loves the rugrats and watchs them and spongebob when I have to watch him.

As I said before all I want is a S&S Screaming Squirrel!!!

ScoobyDo - oops - I got my cartoons wrong. I do mean Wild Thornberrys. :rolleyes::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I say rivertown is geting lonely, and needs a nice little mine to complete the rivertown look!

" you enter the mine shaft, and the elevator takes you to the unknow bottom pits under the lake. You see the Mine Carts, and the elevator snap's! and falls to its bottom'ness pit! you have no choice but to see where the mine carts lead to, you hop on and and buckle yourself in, all sudden, the mine lights start flickering and turn off. Will you ever find a way out?"

heh :)

A ride like Mystery Mine would be awesome for KI! But as much as I would love to see it happen, I don't think it will, because it is too much theming for Cedar Fair. I really like Cedar Fair, but they think theming is just in what area a ride will go in, the station's look, and the landscaping around the ride. They don't really focus on special effects like fire, fog, animatronics, or a story for a ride.

Actually it seems like the past two coasters at CP are pretty heavily themed. Top Thrill Dragster really stresses the drag racing theme with its queue music (Lots of Elvis.), the observation area, etc. Maverick of course heavily stresses the Western theme. The nice thing about those rides is that while doing a good job showing the theme, the theme is not secondary to a great ride.

My wish for KI? KI is long overdue for a B & M coaster. I'll settle for any B & M coaster. I like how B & M gives you a combination of the smoothness of a steel coaster with the loud sound you commonly hear from a wooden coaster.

i would just like a new roller coaster. i would actually say to take out the Adventure Express and days of thunder and build a steel launch coaster and build like a small lake around like a loop or somethin but once again i dont think they would the room for it.

i would just like a new roller coaster. i would actually say to take out the Adventure Express and days of thunder and build a steel launch coaster and build like a small lake around like a loop or somethin but once again i dont think they would the room for it.

Why take out Adventure Express? Thats the best ride in the Park!

Right by Top Gun's entrance is some concrete and metal frames, it is either...

A. Fearfest maze, B. Queue line for new ride, or C. Top Gun is getting an on ride photo spot.

=]

As reported... again and again and again.... it should be a new Fearfest attraction.

• 3 weeks later...
A would like, among general park improvements, for a HUSS Topple Tower to be placed on Flight Commander's old pad. This flat would be perfect for that location, and would provide a thrilling experience for people both on and off the ride.

Have you had a chance to ride a topple tower? I'm not sure about the one at marine land but Timber Tower at Dollywood.... hmm it's cool to look at but thats really about it. There really isn't a scare or thrill factor to it in my opinion. I heard it best described as sitting in rocking chair and leaning back and forth a little more than usual while turning. IMHO I've had scarier and better times in an actual rocking chair. Not to mention that Timber Tower has been plaqued with problems it has been closed more than it's been open this year.