Should Disney Buy Cedar Fair?

The Interpreter

Uh, nooooooooo....

I don't think disney would do well for the Cedar Fair parks. They would remove most of the coasters to make the parks more family based. And if they kept Orion, Steel Vengeance, etc, they would probably rename Orion to Ursula or SV to Gaston's Revenge or something like that. I like the feel of Cedar Fair parks, and I think giving it a Disney makeover would completely ruin the park.

20 hours ago, medford said:

t in the grand scheme, how often do you really want to watch robocop or Abyss?  

All the time really. The Abyss and Robocop are amazing movies with great moments and brilliant scores.

Personally, I think it's important for films to have a presence in both formats. Not everyone has the best internet available to them, sometimes there's outages, availability can just as finicky in digital market as in the physical market (as in that Amazon quietly stopped selling WB titles on Prime Video for a few weeks), apps/services are down (I'm looking at you X-Box Live) and also a lot of times it is simply cheaper to buy the physical media. The average digital price is between 9.99 and 14.99 for catalog titles*. The average price for a catalog title on DVD/Blu Ray is below 9.99 and you can often buy bundle collections. Also, I firmly believe a film should be available regardless of whether it is popular and I believe we should be supporting brick and mortar stores, especially books stores, another casualty of the digital market. 

*For reference, a catalog title is a title that is no longer hot, usually older (sometimes even by just a few years). For example, IT: Chapter Two, because it's current, wouldn't be considered a catalog title, but the original IT miniseries would. 

• Like 2