Kings Island Central Announces a Special Event! SOLD OUT

I do have a question.

What is the sign shop?

That's quite a treat.

The sign shop is exactly what the name implies -- they make the signs for the park. However, while back there you can see hundreds of old signs from the days of the past. In fact, that's also where they are constantly doing rehab on carousel horses too. Trust me, it'll be one of the highlights of the day.

Ryan

And if your lucky, you might even see a smurf!

Bill - Who has been on 3 other SOB tours but can't WAIT for this one!!

OMG seriously? They still have the smurfs?

There were a couple of them hanging around the last time we took the tour, just keep your eyes peeled...you never know what you will find!

Cool news, but I think Theme Park Review might be up there that day, and I'm with them. Ifit is a different day, I am there! Sounds like a great day planned!

No, I think the TPR trip was MID-August. I might be able to make this one, so I look forward to seeing you all there.

I do have a question.

What is the sign shop?

That's quite a treat.

The sign shop is exactly what the name implies -- they make the signs for the park. However, while back there you can see hundreds of old signs from the days of the past. In fact, that's also where they are constantly doing rehab on carousel horses too. Trust me, it'll be one of the highlights of the day.

Ryan

I agree. The sign shop is a really unique treat. Especially if you go all goo-goo for Kings Island's past. It is a museum all in itself. Hidden deep in the bowels of Kings Islands associates only back areas. Just before Boomerang Bay, and right around the corner from the also museum like, but slightly depressing scrapyard.

m.f.21

Hey guys this is my 2nd post on this site!

Anyway do u think they will take us to the King Cobra boneyard?

I think this sounds like an awsome treat for anyone that has ever wanted to see KI in a diffrent way. Thanks for making this happen!

And dont worry i will be there!

Well, there will be a scavenger hunt. I wish I could be there the entire day. Sadly, I must leave the park at around 3 or 4 to tend to family matters that day. (My cousin is leaving for Iraq the next day, and the family is having a 'going away/good luck party' that evening for him.) But I`m much looking forward to the morning hours at the park!

OFFICIAL answers:

There have been Tomb Raider: The Ride tours in the past, but there isn't a lot you can see. And what you can see, you're not allowed to take photos of. We're not doing that tour, and you're not missing a lot.

We planned on having a scavenger hunt, but the idea was scratched. I have been dying to write a scavenger hunt for years, but this won't be the year. Once you see the agenda.. and how PACKED it is, you'll understand.

Oh -- and the pricing is ready

It'll be:

$16.95 for adults that have a season pass/Maxx Pass/Maxx Pass Plus/Employee ID

$42.95 for adults who need to purchase admission to the park & event.

Ryan

• Like 1

Well, I have RSVP's and looking at the ticket sale page. The Print-at-home option is not available, and the cheapest shipping option is $3.95.

Not wanting to come off as a tightwad, but is there any way to dodge this fee, such as going to the park ticket windows or something like that. They also say to allow 10 days, so you better act now to doge the even more outrageous $18.95 next day delivery charge.

• Like 1

There is no minimum age, all kids under 13 must be accompanied by a responsible person preferably over 18. We are not babysitters.

That is awesome i am turning 14yrs old on 8-1-07 :DB) I am short so no making fun of me LOL

I have also already RSVPed

how tall are you?

Hey what about our handicapped guests?? Will all of this be accessible to me? I will need to "rent" an electric scooter for the day as my wheelchair is broken at the moment. Have to wait a year to get another one.

Most activities are easily handicapped accessible, althow The Beast and Son of Beast backstage tour may be alittle hampered due to its offroad and terrain changes.

Flight of Fear can be done if you can handle a few steps and stand for 15 or so minutes.

Well, I have RSVP's and looking at the ticket sale page. The Print-at-home option is not available, and the cheapest shipping option is $3.95.

Not wanting to come off as a tightwad, but is there any way to dodge this fee, such as going to the park ticket windows or something like that. They also say to allow 10 days, so you better act now to doge the even more outrageous $18.95 next day delivery charge.

Workin' on it. I'll let you know. No guarentees.

Hey what about our handicapped guests?? Will all of this be accessible to me? I will need to "rent" an electric scooter for the day as my wheelchair is broken at the moment. Have to wait a year to get another one.

Regular wheel chair rental is $12 at the park with electric wheel chair rental being around $40, I think. Like Dane said, most things that we're doing are 100% accessible, but some by nature are not. For example, it would be very difficult to do the Son of Beast walkback and nearly impossible to do The Beast walkback tour if you are unable to walk in testy terrain and remain in a walking position. I assure you that both the staff at KICentral and the fine PR crew of Kings Island will do everything in our power to make the proper accommodations for our guests with special needs.

Also, it's been asked if people can bypass the fee if they are not eating the meal. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Part of our agreement with Kings Island is that all people who participate in the event must purchase a meal ticket.

Any more questions?

At what point are you getting the password error? If you go to the supplied page, PKI.com/SonofBeast (thank Josh for that randomness) and fill out the RSVP then it should link you to where you can purchase the tickets.

The way I THINK it's going to work (and you will be informed if this changes) is that we'll have someone working at the WILL CALL windows to the left of the main gate. You'll see a sign for KIC, which is where you can present your ticket and will receive your lanyard and meal ticket. It will probably be manned until around 10:00 or so in which you'll have to go to Guest Relations, immediately to the right of the entrance tolls.

Also, please Please PLEASE RSVP before you purchase your tickets. That way we can have an accurate head count and have the lanyards custom made. Also please note that this whole system is new to us and I think it's pretty new to the park as well, so don't be offended if we miss a preprinted lanyard or two. As long as you have your ticket, you're fine, and we'll have tons of extra lanyards.

Really looking forward to being able to go. I've been lurking around here for a few months now...too chicken to post anything. :unsure:

However, just to be *completely* certain...you can bring anyone with you?

Really looking forward to being able to go. I've been lurking around here for a few months now...too chicken to post anything. :unsure:

However, just to be *completely* certain...you can bring anyone with you?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, bring anyone. However, as I said before, it would be best if anyone who goes would at least register on the forums, but it's not required.