Kings Island Central Announces a Special Event! SOLD OUT

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, bring anyone. However, as I said before, it would be best if anyone who goes would at least register on the forums, but it's not required.

Thanks. :lol:

Well, I'd love to bring my Dad, but he's not a forums kind of guy. However, when I RSVP on the pki.com website and it requires I type in a username for name tag purposes, do I just put in his name if he doesn't register to the forums?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, bring anyone. However, as I said before, it would be best if anyone who goes would at least register on the forums, but it's not required.

Thanks. :lol:

Well, I'd love to bring my Dad, but he's not a forums kind of guy. However, when I RSVP on the pki.com website and it requires I type in a username for name tag purposes, do I just put in his name if he doesn't register to the forums?

Just his first name will be fine. Whatever you want to appear on the lanyard. I think we're going to go with first name and username on the typical lanyards.

Thanks Bodda:

I realize you are probably still putting the finishing touches on the schedule, but do you have a general idea of the start and end times? I'm guessing 9-midnight or something like that.

You are correct. We're not ready to announce the actual agenda for the day. However I can tell you that you are to meet at the front gate with lanyards at 9:00, the FoF tour begins at 9:20 and Firehawk first ride is tenatively scheduled for 9:50. All times are subject to change. The park closes at 10:00 that night and your Beast ERT will immediately follow the last guests being cleared out of the ride and will last for 15 minutes.

Ryan

^coasterville .... thanks that worked.

Ryan, on the registration form, there are 4 lines for KIC username. Is this for your username and additional guests? Or should each guest register seperately? I am confused why there are 4 lines.

I have a question. How early does the parking lot open so that we can be at the will call window at 9. I usually don't go to KI so early in the morning, but am really looking forward to this. Especially the sign shop and FOF tour. Thanks.

While I'm sure we will get more info. It be great to find out about getting tickets for non central users, like family members soon . I would love to take my daughter to this great event. We always enjoy talking about KI history and the rides.

Ryan,

If I end up going, I already have tickets. Do I need to purchase the tickets as a package, or can I use the tickets that I already have? (No, I do not have a season pass)

No, just buy the $16.95 one.

I have a question. How early does the parking lot open so that we can be at the will call window at 9. I usually don't go to KI so early in the morning, but am really looking forward to this. Especially the sign shop and FOF tour. Thanks.

I do not yet have an answer to that question. They may open the lot early, may not. You guys will be the first to know.

Ryan, on the registration form, there are 4 lines for KIC username. Is this for your username and additional guests? Or should each guest register seperately? I am confused why there are 4 lines.

If they're not KIC users... well, obviously I'd first encourage you to have them sign up, but it's not required. Just put their first name in the fields. There are several spots so if you're purchasing more than one ticket, you can RSVP them together.

Also, unfortunately the E-ticket system is not available for this event. It only works for admission, not picnics. However, if you purchase your ticket AFTER the Monday before the event, your ticket will be held at will call.

Ryan

Thanks. So how many of you all RSVPed already?

As of Friday, 38 people had RSVPed. Of course, there's only one name per email address so I'm wondering if it's not picking up more than one.

Will we be allowed to take pictures/videos on any of the back stage tours?

Yes, unless otherwise noted.

Me and My best friend/riding buddy were going to be at Cedar Point that day, but we are changing are plans, ordered are tickets today. I'm looking forward to this. We just got deep into coasters about a year ago and we have never been on anything like this. We are both looking forward to it, when I told my friend about it while we were at Kings Island today, there was a big smile from ear to ear on his face. I'm also looking forward to meeting some of you people that I have talked to on these forums off and on for a while now.

Still can't get the form to work.

That's probably your punishment for being a Mac user. haha I'd call group sales and just order over the phone.

Me and My best friend/riding buddy were going to be at Cedar Point that day, but we are changing are plans, ordered are tickets today. I'm looking forward to this. We just got deep into coasters about a year ago and we have never been on anything like this. We are both looking forward to it, when I told my friend about it while we were at Kings Island today, there was a big smile from ear to ear on his face. I'm also looking forward to meeting some of you people that I have talked to on these forums off and on for a while now.

If this is your first event it'll probably be one of the best times you'll ever have at a park. My first event like this was Beastbuzz 04 and I still remember every second of it to this day. Dane, Josh and I worked hard to try to squeeze in every possible perk we could that day. I really think you'll get to see and learn about things that will really blow you away. I'd really encourage you and everybody else to do as many things as possible. Even the things that may not seem so appealing to you, like the Q&A with the cast of Endless Summer, really is a unique opportunity. In fact, I thought the whole idea of the sign shop tour was lame until I did it myself.

Also, has anyone RSVPed for more than one person at a time? I got a small laundry list of members who have RSVPed, but there's only one name per list and I find it a little hard to believe that not one person RSVPed for more than one. If you RSVPed for more than one, please drop me a PM and let me know.

Here are some things that you will get a special kick out of:

FoF tour -- as cool as it sounds, it's only cooler in real life.

Endless Summer -- We'll have a few cast members and the stage manager on hand to answer any questions you would have. Trust me -- these people live... interesting... lives.

Buffet -- If you haven't been up in the International Restaurant yet, that may make your day.

...and no, we're still not quite finished with the surprises of the day.

Oh, and before anyone says it, KICentral will not, is not, has no intention of, cannot legally, and just plain doesn't want to make any kind of announcement about the 2008 season at the event. Every time there's an event rumors circulate that the next big thing will be announced at it and it never is, so don't waste your time speculating.

• Like 1

When will the exact itinerary be announced or available? Will we be emailed from our reservation with it or will it be announced here at some point?

Ryan - I did register myself and 2 others in one form. I will PM you to followup.

The exact itinerary hasn't been completed yet. That probably won't be 1000% set until a week or so before the event. We're still fine-tuning exactly what happens when. You'll get an official copy of it once you pick up your lanyard at Will Call.

BoddaH- you and Dane have considerable "pull" with the marketing function for your age. The marketing tends to listen or at least entertain your input... I know spousees of a handful of people on the inside and have heard your names in conversation (positive, mind you) about different events happening... plus Cox Publishing features this site in their papers all over Ohio. You were probably aware of this, but management-types out of state were crawling all over the message boards the minute Winterfest in 2005 to see what the opinions were.

Suggestion- You KIC site has probably more material (pictures, memorabilia, and just plain raw information) for a "museum" of sorts than most museums ever have in a lifetime. As an entrepreneur you need to bump heads with Kings Island marketing management and "business plan" a "Kings Island history museum."

I would pay an upcharge to go through it.