Kings Island Central Announces a Special Event! SOLD OUT

BoddaH- you and Dane have considerable "pull" with the marketing function for your age. The marketing tends to listen or at least entertain your input... I know spousees of a handful of people on the inside and have heard your names in conversation (positive, mind you) about different events happening... plus Cox Publishing features this site in their papers all over Ohio. You were probably aware of this, but management-types out of state were crawling all over the message boards the minute Winterfest in 2005 to see what the opinions were.

Suggestion- You KIC site has probably more material (pictures, memorabilia, and just plain raw information) for a "museum" of sorts than most museums ever have in a lifetime. As an entrepreneur you need to bump heads with Kings Island marketing management and "business plan" a "Kings Island history museum."

I would pay an upcharge to go through it.

Well, thanks for the kind words!

We have worked with the marketing/PR department a few times, mainly casting for TV filmings, but this event is certainly the biggest synergy we've had with them.

A KI museum? Well, that would be an interesting project. ACE was working with them to make a RC museum within the park, but not unlike the real ACE museum in Pennsylvania, nothing ever materialized. If they asked us to, we'd certainly be up for it!

i think you need to take it to them. I think CF would have an open ear. They don't have a museum of sorts, but the do have a well-documented history of Cedar Point available. Kings Island has a very long history dating back to Coney Island in the early 20th century... and what do you know- you've started a Coney Island site as well.

There are a TON of things on this site that many museums don't have. You've had great communication with Jeff, then Maureen, and I assume you will with the new guy in there.

While not exactly a Cedar Point museum, have you ever dropped by Town Hall (or whatever its called) back by Skyhawk and Mine Ride at Cedar Point?

They have a bunch of old artifacts, penny arcade machines, coaster models, models of parts of Cedar Point, and more. Plus they have a guest services type person in there who is very personable and seems to know his stuff as far as the park history goes. (he is also armed with a copy of the Cedar Point history book that came out several years ago) That book is an interesting read if you are into park history.

Considering they staff and maintain a historical exhbit there means they at least seem like they would be receptive to the idea, and there is the vacant general store and mining company buildings in Rivertown they could put it in. That is if they don't use that area of Rivertown for a crafter's villiage, not unlike Fronteir Trail at Cedar Point.

CP also maintains the animations and sets for their train ride, so maybe somebody will take charge to restore KI's train ride, or it might be ruled too far gone.

There is no minimum age, all kids under 13 must be accompanied by a responsible person preferably over 18. We are not babysitters.

That is awesome i am turning 14yrs old on 8-1-07 :DB) I am short so no making fun of me LOL

I have also already RSVPed

how tall are you?

I am 4ft. 11in. or 5ft. I don't know exactly

Oh come on... :P You think this is off topic, you should see some of the off topic tangents that these threads get into. Like the topic where everyone thought Vortex was sinking, then it turned into talking about how a park in japan had cheated their way into getting the worlds longest coaster while steel dragon was down. Thats half the fun. If the majority of the posts are off topic, then yes, the thread has gone the wrong way but otherwise no biggie.

• Like 1

There is no minimum age, all kids under 13 must be accompanied by a responsible person preferably over 18. We are not babysitters.

That is awesome i am turning 14yrs old on 8-1-07 :DB) I am short so no making fun of me LOL

I have also already RSVPed

how tall are you?

I am 4ft. 11in. or 5ft. I don't know exactly

That sucks although i do know a girl in my school that is the same height but she is like 16 and my sister is 19 and she is probably only 5ft. 6in. and im 13 standing over her at 6ft. so its not too bad to see someone that age with that height

it's regarding the KIC special event- i think that's a good time for the KIC community to mention/talk about this with the Kings Island Representatives who may be present.

BoddaH owns the site and he responded on this thread... if he wants to move it, so move it shall.

Actually, I don't own the site. Legally speaking, Dane owns it.

This is the breakdown: Dane does web design and content, I do content, PR, moderation, and things of that sort.

Ryan

• Like 1

For some reason when I send a PM it doesn't come up in my sent folder. All I was going to say was that when I RSVP'd I did so for myself and my mother. I'll try to send another PM later if you need her name for the nametags if it doesn't come up on the list with mine.

whats the cutoff date for this?

cause it will be a day or before i know for sure i can do this

August 3rd at noon. That's the day before.

I'm excited to say that we have a respectable amount of RSVPs. How many people intend to go but haven't purchased tickets yet?

Just found out that Scout Summer Days is also going on August 4th and 5th, so the park will probably be pretty busy on August 4th. But that's okay, BoddaH already said, they won't be much free time that day anyway. Still looking forward to a fun filled day.

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but there are soo many pages and so little time!

I RSVP'd for the event and it gave me the link to get a ticket. I already have a pass and it just says "Adult Park Admission+ Buffet" and "Adult Buffet" What if you don't want to get the buffet? Do you not have to pay anything and just show up since I already said I am going to be there? Or does the 16.95$ ticket get me access to the event AND buffet?

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but there are soo many pages and so little time!

I RSVP'd for the event and it gave me the link to get a ticket. I already have a pass and it just says "Adult Park Admission+ Buffet" and "Adult Buffet" What if you don't want to get the buffet? Do you not have to pay anything and just show up since I already said I am going to be there? Or does the 16.95$ ticket get me access to the event AND buffet?

In order to do any of the events you must purchase a meal ticket. No exceptions.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't want a meal ticket 'cause you actually get to eat in the International Restaurant! Plus it's all-you-can-eat. ;)

Exactly! Great view of International Street, access to a place most people don't know about, and a buffet :)

Well this could all be easy but Kings Island has other idea's

I RSVPed and bought my tickets this Sunday (July 15) and had them mailled to me. I used the link at the begining of this topic. I got my conformation by email from both Kings Island and KICentral. My tickets showed up yesterday in the mail. On my bill it say KI Central.com Adult Picnic, and here is the real funny part... The date for the "Picnic" on my tickets is July 11 2007! I called Kings Island about it, and as always they seem pretty clueless about everything, but was told just bring the bill that says KI Central.com on it and my tickets and I will be fine. About the only thing that match's is what I paid...16.95 times two, for I bought two tickets. Oh and my name is right on the tickets!