July 11 rides after work & SOB

TopThrill

So today after work, me my friend Kristi rode some rides. We got into the park around 3:35 and headed for Action Zone. We rode Face/Off first, only about a 14 min wait. It does have some smoothness to it still, every fun. Then we rode Delirium, only a 2 cycle wait it still is a nice ride. After that we wanted to try Son of Beast, she had never been on it so it was a first.

I was kind'a woundering about the roughness from last year, we got to the station and just picked a seat with no wait. The lift is some what louder then last year, coming off the lift and going down the first drop was great. The 3rd hill at the top was much smooth, but the helix isn't perfect still has rough issiues. It was weird not going throw the loop, the bunny hill was nice and smooth. Second helix is much better, but you still come flying into the breaks before the station. I think SOB is worth riding, She liked it. And yeah the new train's give more leg room, so for tall people it nice.

Next we rode Racer forward, in the front seat. It still have the air time thats good. Next was Firehawk, again this was a first for her. We only waited 21 mins, for the sixth row. Firehawk pulles some huge G's that are fun. She like that, when we flow into the break's she was like "WOW". Vortex we hitted up next, it was sort of rough in the middle. Beast we rode, its still a good woodie. We got back on SOB for the second time, we sat in the back. Which was a mistake, yeah you got more air time but its just to rough in the double helix.

So all in all, a nice way to end the day. (Drop Zone for me is the perfect way to end the day!)

Son of Beast is worth trying out, it isn't perfect but its better than last year. We left at seven o'clock.

Ride count,

Face/Off - 1

Delirium - 1

Son of Beast - 2

Racer - 1

Firehawk - 1

Beast - 1

I rode Son of Beast as my last ride last night before it rained. I had only rode it one other time at night so I didn't remember what it was like. The main hill is lit up great, but they really need to add lighting in the rose bowl. Sonny is a great ride to ride at night, but there is nothing quite like his father at night.

I rode Son of Beast as my last ride last night before it rained. I had only rode it one other time at night so I didn't remember what it was like. The main hill is lit up great, but they really need to add lighting in the rose bowl. Sonny is a great ride to ride at night, but there is nothing quite like his father at night.

one of the things i really want to ride at night, The Beast. my mom always makes me leave before the park closes... its quite annoying...

Sweeet Deal

The Beast is pretty sweet at night,

i am going on tuesday and i hope i get at least 5 rides on SOB lol

I have to ride at least one night ride on both father and son. And keep our fingers crossed that lines aren't superlong!!!

I went today, hopping to ride the new SoB, and we walk up and theres a nice big sign saying repair work is being done on it and is unlikely to open today....very dissapointed (Half hour wait on Firehawk thought :) )

That does suck when you make the walk all the way over there and you get denied on your chance to ride but i will be going probably all next week and am looking forward to that wait for Firehawk that is only half as long as usual