I went and conquered Kings Island!

Cortney

Ok, the weather was perfect yesterday for a trip to the park! After going to the Harry Potter premiere the night before, my friend and I still managed to get ourselves up and get down to Cincinnati by 11am and spent the day there! :lol:

Alot has changed since the last time I was there, but it was nice to go back after not going for so long. No complaints really, the lines weren't that bad. The worst was "Face Off," and that was the same as back the last time I went to KI.

I had asked about "Flight of Fear" and such on here before going. My friend and I both had a hard time after we got off of it the last time and weren't planning to go on it. But after we talked to some one while standing in line, they had said they had problems with the restraints before and I am glad we went on it. It wasn't as jerky and plus I came off of it without a headache and neck and back pains!

My friend had never gone a ride like "Firehawk" and I had have been on "The Borg" ride at Carowinds and I was like I hate this kind of ride. She was like why? I was like I felt like I was going to go flying literally out of the stupid ride! Well she wanted to go on it and I wasn't going to pass up a thrill ride, but Firehawk didn't make me feel like that as "Borg" did which was weird to me. I was anticipating it and hanging on for dear life. Ya know how on some stand-up coaster's you get the seat that moves up and down and never locks...or it does when get down the first hill? Maybe I got that on "Borg." It was weird.

SOB I miss the loop! I only rode it one time with the loop and that was the year it opened and I missed it.

Didn't care to find out if Drop Zone was working, didn't pay attention. Wasn't goin to ride it anyways if it was. LOL

Vortex brings back memories cause it was my friend and mine's first upside down ride together. She tricked me into it, after I stopped riding rides all together after watching the lady fall out of "Flight Commander" (I think it was called that) and we got to the top of the hill and she goes "I've never rode this before!" Yeah reall smart, but I loved it and we jokingly said that hey we have ridden this before, right? hah

The rides are still jerkier than most places to me, but I had no complaints. I was having too much fun! Now its off to Cedar Point saturday for one final day of fun before heading back to NC!

Glad to hear you had a good time. Are you sure it wasn't your first visit since 2000 though? Because Son of Beast didn't open until May 26, 2000 and you said you miss the loop.

Anyway, nice little report.

I was going to say the same thing ha

...Vortex brings back memories cause it was my friend and mine's first upside down ride together. She tricked me into it, after I stopped riding rides all together after watching the lady fall out of "Flight Commander" (I think it was called that) and we got to the top of the hill and she goes "I've never rode this before!" Yeah reall smart, but I loved it and we jokingly said that hey we have ridden this before, right? hah

Sorry to only pull this one point out of your trip report...but you actually witnessed the woman's death on Flight Commander in '91??? :o

It was 2000 the last time I went to KI, cause I went to both CP and KI and after I posted this we were looking at the pictures from the last time and this and saw it was 2000. My bad. I forgot we went back to Ohio the summer after we moved for my cousin's graduation and that was 2000. My bad! I always thought it was 1999 for some odd reason.

For Flight Commander; I was 10 years old when that happened...my brother begged to see if I was tall enough and I was and we were standing in line when it happened. We didn't see the lady actually fall, but saw the ending part of it before she hit the ground. I still remember that like it was yesterday and it scared me for years to come. It took me 5 years to get back on any sort of thrill ride. All we heard that whole day was the guy on there with her had a heart attack and she took her restraints off to help him and she hit the stick which caused it to go upside down. I have always thought that was the story. I never got to ride it and no one I know did, so I don't know the full story behind it. It just scarred me and I still remember seeing that lady hit the ground in my mind. What it was I guess I was scared of falling out of the seats on an upside down ride like that lady did...it look me a long time to ever get back on a ride.

Sorry for the mix up on dates....it was 2000 for SOB. :smacks head: Duh! Been so long as I've said! LOL