7/12

welchce

Today my friends and I went to KI to hit up the early ride time in AZ, get a ride or two on SoB, and stroll aimlessly around the park to ride whatever else. We got there around 9:40 and walked through the crowd at the AZ barricade so we could get into AZ like the loyal Gold Pass holders we are.

First we walked right to Delirium and a half full load made its way back and forth. Next, we walked over and right on to Face/Off where we were four of maybe eight on the train. As we were going up the lift hill we could heard the National Anthem being played over the speaker system so I knew the next place to go would be to SoB to see if it would open (since there was a sign at the entrance saying it's closed to repairs and might not open).

Well sitting right in the queue for SoB was a sign saying it wasn't open with a person sitting there saying the same. So we got a ride on Top Gun since we were already there. After Top Gun, we started heading toward the back of the park by hitting AE. I noticed while going up the lift that a service door was open on the side of the FoF building and that meant it's most likely not open. Of course, after riding Racer then Recar, we walked back to X-Base to confirm that FoF was indeed closed.

So then it went Vortex, IJST, Beast, TRTR, and Beast before we went to lunch. The sound during TRTR was mostly working (I forget all that happens because I haven't rode it that much but I think it was missing some talking during when you go up to the statue thing at the beginning). It was a lot better than the silent run I had earlier this year.

So lunch took place at McDonalds down the street as a continued boycott of the prices. Once we came back we went to Boomerang Bay and by the time we got back to the main park we had just enough time to ride Firehawk and then we left. All in all it was a pretty good day even though when we were there (from 9:40-5) there was no sign of FoF or SoB ever opening.

I feel your pain! I drove 2 hours to experience the 'new' SOB for myself (well, that's not the only reason...I happen to love KI) and was pretty disappointed to find it shut down all day. FOF was also a letdown, as it never opened today either. Still a great day at the park however...hopefully they'll work all of the bugs out of SOB by the time I make it back down there.

Something I forgot to mention about yesterday (7/12) was when we were in the Firehawk station waiting to load the people on the PA were talking back and forth and I remember one of them saying something about riding something but I remember the other one saying, "We don't have Dominator, yet." I couldn't help but wonder if he was a frequenter of this site.

A lot. Not as much as a brand new ride, but a lot. You have the cost of taking it apart, the cost of transporting it, land clearing costs, rebuilding costs, assembly cost, paint costs, etc. It was a good deal for KI for what they got.

Dominator isn't going anywhere though. It's easily the best and most popular ride at GL. Plus, it's built partially over the lake, making it a hassle to take out. It's also a lot bigger than X-flight, I mean Firehawk.

No, I wouldn't expect any other rides to leave GL unless something drastic happens. Well, maybe they could just tear down Wolf Kabobs.

i was with foFirehawkfan waiting in line, and i do know that on the tenth when we waited, they were working on getting the red car working. somethign about it wasnt right to them. after we got off the first car of the day they shut it down for a short time, trying to get it running, with no avail. it reopened with just the blue train a few minutes later. it was then shut down for quite a while, in which they got the red train working, minus one row in a car that was not functioning properly, they had the tape on it and whatnot. maybe they are just trying to have both trains running when it opens to avoid the long lines that a single train operation causes. the red car still didnt seem right, as i was leaving, i saw it testing again with no riders.

I was there too. I was a bit disappointed that SoB wasn't open, as it was the main motivation for going. I did see the red train stopped about 1/4 the way up the lift hill as we were walking back towards Top Gun. I did not see the blue train at all. The other HUGE disappointment was that FoF was closed, and when we rode IJST the lights were on in the tunnel. And the music in TR wasn't working even after a ride op TOLD me that it was....

deb