Noticed Some Sort Of Problem

laidback

I was at CDBB on July 29 2004 and i started getting a headache. Soon after i had to go home sick. I had noticed a strange smell and my nose and eyes were burning. I figured i had a cold or something. But Today, August 1 i went to the beach water park and was fine, but when i went over to CDBB for their tent sale they were having me and my girlfriend again noticed the smell and saw someone actually puking and noticed others leaving the park complaining of bad headaches. Does anyone know what was going on this week. I called Guest relations but they didn't know anything about it.

The headakes are probably from the cement paradise. The smell could be from the treatment. Maybe you were right next to it when it was mixed into the water.

At a pool I used to work at, we evacuated the pool and poured our treatments into it. Waited 15 mins for the water jets to spread it, and than our guests could reenter the pool.

Or they might have had a chemical problem and had to use some good ol SHOCK! Now that stuff will burn you and it does have a funky strong smell.

I hate the Beach. Specifically all the cement slides. I went on there Hidden River and while waiting in line watching it, about 2/3 people flipped over in there tubes. And than when I went on it I came down flying into the cement wall and thought I have broke my ankle. SERIOUSLY.

The only good thing about the Beach is the food prices, the lack of rules, and the Aztek Adventure.

• 1 month later...
I was at CDBB on July 29 2004 and i started getting a headache.  Soon after i had to go home sick.  I had noticed a strange smell and my nose and eyes were burning.  I figured i had a cold or something.  But Today, August 1 i went to the beach water park and was fine, but when i went over to CDBB for their tent sale they were having me and my girlfriend again noticed the smell and saw someone actually puking and noticed others leaving the park complaining of bad headaches.  Does anyone know what was going on this week.  I called Guest relations but they didn't know anything about it.

I worked pratically every day. I never once got sick this summer. I was in the water so much that the chlorine ate the hair off my legs and it is just now growing back. I'm an older guard...so I'm in the know a little more than the 16-17 year olds that work there. As far as I know, no major food contamination happened this year. Also, I do know we never once had any biohazard problems like what happened in White Water - Atlanta a couple of years ago where everyone got sick.

I took care of quite a few injuries this year. Most from kids running and slipping and thus busting their heads open. I'm thinking for Fright Night of just wearing some of my lifeguard shirts that were covered in blood....that's a joke of course because we burn anything with blood on it and get spray for decontamination when we get blood on us from head to toe. I had a few heat strokes...eventhough this summer was really mild...and a few beer strokes :P ...but this year was very easy going in the injury/sickness department. Heck, I only had a handful of kids that seriously tried to drown themselves.

Ok...now to your symptoms...with all the concrete...and water reflection...it could have been sunlight reflection..brought on by a mild dehydration....being in water all day sucks the moisture out of ya...or drinking too much beer:) Also, we used to all gang up together on our days off and go to the beach....it's something different than where we work...so why not? I'll tell you this....our maintenance guys constantly check chlorine levels..about 3-5 times a day for most rides. I ask each time what the count is...I try to guess the count based off what I either smell or feel from the water. I'm usually pretty close. The Beach never had the chlorine levels we did.

Some days we will have to shut down an attraction for an hour to pump more chlorine in...usually the kids area...due to the chlorine 2 pee ratio being too close to the pee winning the battle of percentage....and a few times we will have to close a ride because it has TOO much chlorine....

You could have been there one of the few times a ride had too much chlorine and you are sensitive to it. I'm not..but some people are. Also..be sure to wear your sunglasses B)