Firehawk Steals The Spotlight!

Ki Man

Hey everyone!

I just went to KI today for a few hours. I got on a lot of rides for a Friday!

FoF - 1 ride, about 1/2 hour wait

Face/Off - 1 ride, about 1/2 hour wait

Racer - 3 Rides, 0 wait

Delirium - 1 Ride, about 15 minutes

Firehawk - 1 ride, 1/2 hour wait!

Vortex - 1 ride, about 10 minute wait

So Firehawk was the highlight of the day! It was running two trains and using both stations! There was a big section filled up, but the ops were great with enthusing the riders and getting the trains rolling! They would get the trains loaded, send one out, then get the other one ready and dispatch as the 1st train was in the helix. Then there would be a minute of loading/unloading....repeat! The only complain I had is that they would hold flip-flops and souvoneer cups.....but they would NOT take my hat! My hat is just about the same saze or smaller than a flip flop...so I had to hold it! Well, I still had a kick ass ride. I made sure the op didn't staple me, and rode in the middle. Butter smooth, forceful loop, fun in-line twists and a great helix. Makes my top 10 and replaces BORG!

And, of course, photos.

Oh yea, got the videos working, hopefully...

dscn3045jm8.jpg

They are putting the loop back in.

dscn3046da3.jpg

Ear banging loop...but forcefull!

dscn3047np5.jpg

Ear banging side loop...but fun!

dscn3053av0.jpg

And she's climbing the stairway...to hea-vuuunnnn....

dscn3054ui4.jpg

Yummmyyyyy...oh wait, my ears will hurt after this.

dscn3055hq3.jpg

Time for Delirium!

dscn3043pa3.jpg

Just love that Delirium :D

dscn3056kk1.jpg

Yay for a midway shot

dscn3060ub1.jpg

Approved racing coaster! Still a little bumpy, but if you sit in the right seat, it's great!

dscn3061bc5.jpg

Firehawk!

dscn3062fp3.jpg

I like this shot. I would LOVE it if I had a better zoom.

dscn3063py5.jpg

I love this shot.

dscn3065tj1.jpg

Comin' round the horseshoe...or egg turn? You choose.

dscn3066oo7.jpg

I really like that sign. ALL TEST PILOTS TO FLIGHT DECK!

dscn3067dn2.jpg

Tired of horseshoe/egg turns? Okay, it's the last one anyway...

dscn3069hi4.jpg

Ever seen this before? Probably NOT! Haha.

dscn3070is5.jpg

Yellow train and looking back at Coney from Firehawk's station.

dscn3071is3.jpg

Station shot! I was on the right side. You have to go down and then up some stairs! :shockr:

dscn3072ac8.jpg

You can get some cool shots from the station!

dscn3075nf4.jpg

Firehawk's transfer track

dscn3078wg2.jpg

Certified Test Pilot! Let's fly!

dscn3079jz8.jpg

The lift is soooo darn loud!

dscn3081vh8.jpg

Two train shot again! Mmm...that's an awesome helix.

dscn3082jr8.jpg

Someone will appreciate this.

dscn3083wk2.jpg

Firehawk overview

dscn3084ec3.jpg

Once again....better zoom = awesome pic.

dscn3088hm4.jpg

Oh yea...there was FREE VAULT when I was leaving! I was handed FOUR CANS!!! GAH TOO ....muchh....sugar and caffeene!!

Thanks for reading everyone!

dscn3045jm8.jpg

They are putting the loop back in.

Looks like they're putting more than the loop back into the park...

OMG, they're putting the loop back in?!? My second cousin's aunt's brother knows a guy that said he heard that last week when he was riding it. You pic just confirms it for sure now!! :P

The bad part for SOB is why would they need to preform repair work just barley after a week of reopening. I knew they were a reason I had to go fight the crowds last Friday to ride SOB. It just don't sound good to me. What kind of repairs are they doing? Train or track?

Are they SERIOUSLY putting the loop back in?

Anyways, FREE VAULT!!!!!!!!!1111!!!2 Vault+Firehawk=pwnage, but your TR needed more Vortex action to complete the trinity. I might pop by tomarrow to see if SoB is up.

I doubt they are putting the loop back up.

My guess from reports before, they are having issues with the trains. Probably those "G" trains can't handle all of the forces that SOB has, and are probably breaking pieces off or something. But I have no idea why SOB has been closed the last several days. When was the last day SOB was open this week? Wednesday?

I know I have asked this question before on these boards but when or how long is it going to take the park to win the $20M the company owes the park for the structure of SOB??? I mean come on how many more years are going to pass by without them giving the money they owe the park:o

Ki Man,

Once again, another nice trip report. I do not get to go to KI that often, so a picture trip report is always nice. I WAS just at KI on the 9th & 10th. The 9th was good...but as you can see by these photos, the 10th was not so great. It would rain then stop, rain then stop...all through the day. It kept the crowds down but the coasters weren't running most of the time. I needed to get something out of my car around 11:30 or so, when I left the entrance it was just a light rain but by the time I hit the old tram circle it was POURING! (My camera is waterproof so I had fun taking some pictures while mostly everyone else was running for cover.)

run56jqn.jpg

t0eupkqn.jpg

mo7cmiaq.jpg

i beleive the last day it was operational was the tenth, when i rode it. the red train just seemed to have problems with restraints on one row of one of the back cars, when they tried to repair it for wednesday, id bet that they ran into some other problem trying to fix the problem at hand. i wouldnt worry about it too much, i highly doubt the tenth was the last day the Son of Beast is operational.

I agree it did stink that SOB wasn't open yesterday. However, yesterday was such a great day that SOB being closed didn't spoil it for me.

I got there around 11 and the weather was PERFECT all day long. The crowds weren't too large either. I think to longest I waited was maybe an hour for Firehawk which was great! I was at Carowinds a few weeks ago. I know Firehawk and Borg are very similar (if not the same) but Firehawk seems to go slower at the end and give you more "fly" time.

I know this has been discussed before but I find the stop at the brakes in FOF to be a bit odd.

All in all I had a great time yesterday.

They need to tear it down, I mean come on! Its such a waste of money. The struter is bad and they have had to do work.; Tear it down and build a B&M.

Look at the history of the Son of Beast. Did anyone here logically expect for the ride to open and ACTUALLY REMAIN OPEN for a very long period of time? I am sure that this will be a continuous trend for the rest of the season....AKA get over it....and if you get a chance to ride it, enjoy it while you can.

m.f.21

I would like to know what the problem with SOB is this time? Is it the trains? Could they not handle the forces on SOB? Is it the track in the rose bowl? The only place where I felt roughness which to me it wasn't as bad as before?