Son of Beast Closed

coaster lover

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, ive heard its been closed ever since the 11th, i rode it on the tenth, on the first and only car before they shut it down for a while longer. it was on and off all that day. towards the end of the day it finally was running both trains minus one row of one car on the red train. sucsk for the people who are unable to ride it. i wonder why its been closed so long since then...

I saw an old special on Discovery HD last night ("Top Ten Coasters 2002" or something like that...) that I had never seen before.

I couldn't believe that they had SoB ranked as the #2 woodie! (The Beast, more fittingly, was #1) Jeff Siebert must have done some serious schmoozing to get them to list SoB at #2!! ;)

what is up with you guys, Son of Beast is a great ride! one of my favorites! they arent gonna tear it down anytime soon, unless it has another freak accident, or its maintenance becomes overwhelming like The Bat... its not that bad, they are prolly just getting it running tip top shape to make sure it will be running for years to come. its red car wasnt cooperative the last day it was open, the tenth, so id bet thats what it has to do with.

Perhaps SOB should be retired, removed, and replaced by a large steel coaster.

If Son of Beast gets torn down, don't expect a new coaster in that area any time soon. The price for tearing down the largest wooden structure in the world could easily equal the price of a new coaster.

Perhaps SOB should be retired, removed, and replaced by a large steel coaster.

If Son of Beast gets torn down, don't expect a new coaster in that area any time soon. The price for tearing down the largest wooden structure in the world could easily equal the price of a new coaster.

I agree with the other fella that replied to u earlier and u shouldn't expect anything soon. -_-

Largest wooden coaster, yes, but I was reading Hendrick's post about it being the world's largest wooden structure in the world.

I'm next to positive it's the worlds largest structure.

And I think what PKIVortex was saying is that since it is 208 feet tall, it uses a lot of wood, making it the largest wooden structure.

You know, I rode it Wednesday, I believe the 11th.

The Son of Beast now sucks. It is as bad as The Racers, and 3 times rougher than it was before its accident. Prior to the accident, I would say that The Beast was rougher than The Son of Beast. Not now, it is horrible.

I used to be for keeping the Son of Beast, but for all it is worth now, I will now jump on the "tear it down" bandwagon.

Horrible.