Son of Beast Closed

coaster lover

i dont understand why people are so negative about SoB I love the coaster...wait we arent nearing Fall its still summer .. summer just began we still have 2 and a half months of warm weather! nahh SoB is the one of the reason I spend money at KI and go to the park itself!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean that LOL. Of course that's not safe, but I'm saying I bet it's the trains that are giving them trouble. I was saying SOB is safe or it wouldn't be open, even though it's not open now. Nevermind I'm confusing myself. LOL

I don't think it's unsafe. I have a feeling the trains are not fairing too well on SOB. The speed and forces are probably tearing those trains apart.

I tend to agree. If the G trains are anything like the ones on Twisted Whatevers at SFKK I don't see how they could hold up on a wooden train as big and violent as SOB.

Rushing into getting new trains was definately the main problem that they are facing. Those trains are most likely unable to handle the speed,G'S SOB has and this could be the problem they now see going on. It would be smart for them to decide what to do because this might be the problem. Who knows we should just wait and see what happens. :huh:

Rushing into getting new trains was definately the main problem that they are facing.

I find it hard to believe that a one year wait could be considered rushing.

Removing the main element of the ride, purchasing trains that are new to the ride, and then changing the gauging so that the trains fit on the track is not exactly a rush job.

And as far as people being negative- SoB is a money pit. It has been for 8 seasons now (or if you actually count just the uptime of the ride- 4 seasons).

Everyone really needs to sit back and think objectively about SoB. Put your personal feelings aside for a minute (weather you love it or hate it). It has not attracted positive attention since it opened. There have been lawsuits, modifications, injuries, and still the ride is not operating. People do not come to KI to ride SoB. It has been a black mark since day one, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

The millions of dollars that have been poured into the ride over the last 8 years could have built a rather decent coaster for all of us to enjoy: Thunderhead at DollyWood was $7 million, El Toro at Six Flags was $12 million, Voyage at Holiday World was $6.5 million and Storm Runner at Hershey Park was $12 million. All of these rides scale from a "good" ride to a "fantastic" ride.

And then there reality that most need to understand. There have been major changes over the last 12 months. But its status is still the same.

SBNO

Brown said it all. The cost of SoB is just too great and too big of a waste. As stated above, people don't come to KI to ride SoB. I did once and that was when it opened a few weeks ago...I'll be curious to see what will become of this ride over the off-season and 2008 season.

Brown said it all. The cost of SoB is just too great and too big of a waste. As stated above, people don't come to KI to ride SoB. I did once and that was when it opened a few weeks ago...I'll be curious to see what will become of this ride over the off-season and 2008 season.

Funny you should say that. I can't even begin to think how many times when a ride was down that I heard the comment:

"I drove all the way from (fill in a state) to ride (fill in ride that is down)."

Funny you should say that. I can't even begin to think how many times when a ride was down that I heard the comment:

"I drove all the way from (fill in a state) to ride (fill in ride that is down)."

People Say A lot of things that they do not necessarily mean.

People Say A lot of things that they do not necessarily mean.

People say a lot of things in the heat of the moment to express their disappointment

I'm treating my Brother, his Wife and my nephew to a fun day at the Island on July 29th, I hope SOB is open that day. My Brother and his Wife where in the station last July 9th as the accident happened.

I rode SOB 2-3 days before the accudent happened.

That must of been scary for them.

I'm treating my Brother, his Wife and my nephew to a fun day at the Island on July 29th, I hope SOB is open that day. My Brother and his Wife where in the station last July 9th as the accident happened.

Oh that is a treat.

Did you prompt them by saying, "Remember that ride that you could have been injured on?"

Oh that is a treat.

Did you prompt them by saying, "Remember that ride that you could have been injured on?"

Yeah.. I was gonna say... how eager can they be to ride?

I often wonder how many of you that say "Tear it down" "They've done all they can" blablabla know EXACTLY what's going on. Easy for you to say throw away a 20 million dollar investment. :rolleyes:

And as for the "No one comes to KI to Ride SoB", VERY wrong. People do, you just may not know it. I have a friend coming from California; it's THAT ride he wants to ride the most. :rolleyes:

I often wonder how many of you that say "Tear it down" "They've done all they can" blablabla know EXACTLY what's going on. Easy for you to say throw away a 20 million dollar investment. :rolleyes:

And as for the "No one comes to KI to Ride SoB", VERY wrong. People do, you just may not know it. I have a friend coming from California; it's THAT ride he wants to ride the most. :rolleyes:

I agree with you. I went to KI last week instead of waiting for 8/4/07 to ride sob and Firehawk. SOB was down but Firehawk made up for it.