River Town Rumor

gnarkiller

It actually is not that large of an issue.

Consider the simple fact that many areas of the park are not connected directly to access roads.

As many problems as TRTR has had in the past, there needs to be a direct access road to it

With the exception of IJ there are no major rides that do not have access roads leading to them.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, anything that would restore some of the old River Town atmosphere would be great. A roller coaster would rock but personally, I'd like to see TR:TR rethemed as an abandoned mine shaft. The whole hidden Asian temple thing just doesn't fit in that area of the park.

i never paid much attintion to that but it is true river town and asia don't go together

There is an access road in between The Beast and TR;TR I do not see any problem with a line heading in that direction. The only problem is most parks do not like to "cut off" access to rides like TR;TR for one reason or another.

Access roads can be moved or re-designed.

for example the access road to the left side of Flight of Fear was re-designed for Firehawk

• 1 month later...
I heard a new a roller coaster is going to be in rivertown on the lake in 2008

Where exactly do you plan to put this so-called "Coaster in Rivertown"? All I see is The Beast, TR:TR, and a Lake. Where's the station going to go? I'm Curious. Besides, we just put in Firehawk. Look For 2009 or 2010

Beast1979

• 2 weeks later...

I cant see a coaster or anything for that matter going back into the woods by The Beast. That would ruin the effect The Beast has. AKA.Feeling of flying through the woods with nothing surounding you and the feeling of out of view from anyonee

I cant see a coaster or anything for that matter going back into the woods by The Beast. That would ruin the effect The Beast has. AKA.Feeling of flying through the woods with nothing surounding you and the feeling of out of view from anyonee

You should see what Kings Dominion has done to the area around The Grizzly. Once heavily wooded, now you can see Hurler and much of the rest of the park quite easily--in fact it is hard NOT to.

Sigh.

Guest TombraiderTy

Looking at the Google Map, the bird's eye view one (not map), they could use the employee building that used to have the photo spot as station. The coaster would launh out, the curve around the lake and back behind the International Showplace. The only problem I see with this is the screams every minute you hear from the ride whn watching a show...

I see the station going in the big open area next to International showplace and winding around the lake. Or, the station being the TR:TR building and the chain lift going over the Midway, then doing all sorts of inversions over the lake, then doing one last little bunny hop over the midway, before pulling into the station.

Beast1979

Where exactly do you plan to put this so-called "Coaster in Rivertown"? All I see is The Beast, TR:TR, and a Lake. Where's the station going to go? I'm Curious. Besides, we just put in Firehawk. Look For 2009 or 2010

Beast1979

actually the station and ride could go here...

note: old picture

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1">

<Document>

<name>KmlFile</name>

<Style id="sh_ylw-pushpin_copy8">

<IconStyle>

<scale>1.3</scale>

<Icon>

<href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pushpin/ylw-pushpin.png</href>

</Icon>

<hotSpot x="20" y="2" xunits="pixels" yunits="pixels"/>

</IconStyle>

</Style>

<StyleMap id="msn_ylw-pushpin_copy8">

<Pair>

<key>normal</key>

<styleUrl>#sn_ylw-pushpin_copy8</styleUrl>

</Pair>

<Pair>

<key>highlight</key>

<styleUrl>#sh_ylw-pushpin_copy8</styleUrl>

</Pair>

</StyleMap>

<Style id="sn_ylw-pushpin_copy8">

<IconStyle>

<scale>1.1</scale>

<Icon>

<href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pushpin/ylw-pushpin.png</href>

</Icon>

<hotSpot x="20" y="2" xunits="pixels" yunits="pixels"/>

</IconStyle>

</Style>

<Placemark>

<name>Path Overpasses</name>

<LookAt>

<longitude>-84.2677204885804</longitude>

<latitude>39.33994031289431</latitude>

<altitude>0</altitude>

<range>649.3620507634262</range>

<tilt>1.185647687752692e-009</tilt>

<heading>142.631381538358</heading>

</LookAt>

<styleUrl>#msn_ylw-pushpin_copy8</styleUrl>

<Point>

<coordinates>-84.26736140737029,39.34094927438879,0</coordinates>

</Point>

</Placemark>

</Document>

</kml>

-Firehawk07

• 2 weeks later...

i heard from people there that tomb raider is being torn down aws. a motor exploded during a test run and you could hear it from everywhere in the park it's cheaper to knock it down and build something else. so, yeah, it's suppose to be a steel coaster.

i heard from people there that tomb raider is being torn down aws. a motor exploded during a test run and you could hear it from everywhere in the park it's cheaper to knock it down and build something else. so, yeah, it's suppose to be a steel coaster.

Do you have any proof of any of this or are you just speculating?

I'm gonna guess speculating. I think it would be known if TR's motor had exploded.

I'm gonna guess speculating. I think it would be known if TR's motor had exploded.

TR's motor is jacked up and that's why all the themeing has been taken out of it. They need to get the themeing out so they can work on it.

It did not explode. It is just messed up.