River Town Rumor

gnarkiller

right on target at this time of year- everyone has their token expertise and inside track to what is going to happen.

I heard... and this may be just a rumor... but CF was going to close Kings Island in 2010. All of the record breaking coasters were headed north to Cedar Point, along with the majority of NU. Then to get cross-commercialization, Kinzel was going to arrange a marriage between Charlie Brown and Dora so that the Nick theming would be "green-carded" into CF and create a record-breaking children's area featuring both the Peanuts and Nick characters at CP. Everything else was going to be dispersed to the other CF parks prior to their sale to the new Miller/Coors Brewing Company to compete with Busch Gardens.

Again, it was just a rumor but it was from a reliable source.... the insect I talked to had, in fact, been flying around inside the unused board room atop the Eiffel Tower when the KI management team was discussing it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see a coaster or anything for that matter going back into the woods by The Beast. That would ruin the effect The Beast has. AKA.Feeling of flying through the woods with nothing surounding you and the feeling of out of view from anyonee

You should see what Kings Dominion has done to the area around The Grizzly. Once heavily wooded, now you can see Hurler and much of the rest of the park quite easily--in fact it is hard NOT to.

Sigh.

Not if you ride it at night. :)

If anything they need to put the entrance sign back up though!

I hate the Grizzly. It's not the design, it's just extremely bumpy. If KD was to give it some TLC, it'd be great! But, yes, the Grizzly was great when it was hidden in the woods, as is The Beast. A giant coaster near there would ruien the atmosphere.

right on target at this time of year- everyone has their token expertise and inside track to what is going to happen.

I heard... and this may be just a rumor... but CF was going to close Kings Island in 2010. All of the record breaking coasters were headed north to Cedar Point, along with the majority of NU. Then to get cross-commercialization, Kinzel was going to arrange a marriage between Charlie Brown and Dora so that the Nick theming would be "green-carded" into CF and create a record-breaking children's area featuring both the Peanuts and Nick characters at CP. Everything else was going to be dispersed to the other CF parks prior to their sale to the new Miller/Coors Brewing Company to compete with Busch Gardens.

Again, it was just a rumor but it was from a reliable source.... the insect I talked to had, in fact, been flying around inside the unused board room atop the Eiffel Tower when the KI management team was discussing it.

Just out of curiosity, where are they planning on putting these coasters and rides at CP? My understanding is that CP already uses all of the land it owns.

I hate the Grizzly. It's not the design, it's just extremely bumpy. If KD was to give it some TLC, it'd be great! But, yes, the Grizzly was great when it was hidden in the woods, as is The Beast. A giant coaster near there would ruien the atmosphere.

You must've ridden Grizzly west then because Grizzly east sure as heck isn't that bad....sure it throws you around but in a good way when compared to the piece of firewood that sits across the midway from it .

Just out of curiosity, where are they planning on putting these coasters and rides at CP? My understanding is that CP already uses all of the land it owns.

Wow. I have seen some people that can't pick up sarcasm, but this takes the cake.

Here comes all the "CP is out of land" comments.

Next will be "Magnum is sinking" followed by "CP WILL have an AquaTrax".

No, CP is not out of land.

Wow. I have seen some people that can't pick up sarcasm, but this takes the cake.

My response was meant to be sarcastic as well.... We all know that the only insects around the top of the Eiffel Tower right now are hundreds of wasps....:) Sorry, should have put a wink icon with that one.....

Ha! I've seen some redicuious rumors before but this really nails it! KI is one of CF favorite parks, along with CP, KBF, and Carowinds. Cedar Fair likes to divide the records evenly amungst parks. Their not just going to take all the record brakers to CP and make a dictatorship out of it! That is FUNNY! :lol:

After the experience with Top Thrill Dragster, which greatly humbled Mr. Kinzel and company, and given the debt level at today's Cedar Fair, I'd not be holding my breath awaiting any more record breakers any time soon. The records management would most like to break at this time are no doubt in the areas of admissions, EBITDA and per cap spending. Lately, the connection between new coaster installations and improvement in those areas has weakened, to be kind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
i heard from people there that tomb raider is being torn down aws. a motor exploded during a test run and you could hear it from everywhere in the park it's cheaper to knock it down and build something else. so, yeah, it's suppose to be a steel coaster.

Do you have any proof of any of this or are you just speculating?

I'm gonna guess speculating. I think it would be known if TR's motor had exploded.

like, since it would most likely be missing half of the building.

I heard a new a roller coaster is going to be in rivertown on the lake in 2008

Rivertown Lake? Yes. 2008? No.

The only problem I have with that rumor is that there really is no room to do anything good with a coaster at that location. I dont even know if there is enough room to build a station unless you tear down Wings. I dont think that would be a good decision at all.

ROFL I love these old Topics.

Yeah I totally agree it proves that rumors that seem false can come true. lol

On the contrary, it's amazing just how accurate the "rumors" actually are in fact.

Like my dad always says:

There's always some employe or co worker who will spill the beans on the internet somewhere, you can count on that.

Why some rumors turn out to be false is because people will morph, change, and evolve the at the time fact into a rumor. Sorta like a game of Telephone.

"Like other posters have said, there is no room to put a decent coaster here. They wouldn't tear out Wings after they have made it a buffet type restaraunt, something that Cedar Fair likes to have in all of their parks. Since they just put in Firehawk, I wouldn't expect a new coaster of any kind for a few years."

No?

Yeah I totally agree it proves that rumors that seem false can come true. lol

On the contrary, it's amazing just how accurate the "rumors" actually are in fact.

Like my dad always says:

There's always some employe or co worker who will spill the beans on the internet somewhere, you can count on that.

Why some rumors turn out to be false is because people will morph, change, and evolve the at the time fact into a rumor. Sorta like a game of Telephone.

You know what they say...

Those that know talk ......

<G>

Not me. See, often times plans change....just because what was predicted does not happen does not mean it was never right. Business plans change. Guess what...if people didn't laugh so much, parks would release more earlier...but now do not, as people would laugh when it didn't come to pass....

Take the Addam's Familly Coaster or the Removal of The Flight of Fear for example?

Not me. See, often times plans change....just because what was predicted does not happen does not mean it was never right. Business plans change. Guess what...if people didn't laugh so much, parks would release more earlier...but now do not, as people would laugh when it didn't come to pass....

Take the Addam's Familly Coaster or the Removal of The Flight of Fear for example?

o.k. why did you end that in a question mark? and in responce to your sig. isn't "excuse me while i kick the sky" raptor's slogan? not wicked twister.

o.k. why did you end that in a question mark? and in responce to your sig. isn't "excuse me while i kick the sky" raptor's slogan? not wicked twister.

1. To leave the Statement Open.

2. I've heard both. I personally Like WT better then Raptor, and I think WT has more of that "Kick the Sky" feel to it, and raptor is more inverted craziness.