NEW ride idea

familyguyfun1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the only reason they're tearing down DZ is for the money? Because it doesn't take up that much land and is very popular so I doubt they would take it out. There is something called the Timberwolf Amphitheatre in between Congo and Top Gun. There is only a small strip of land behind Timberwolf that a coaster could go and it would kind of be distracting if someone was trying to perform and right behind them is a coaster. Also, Action Zone already has three coasters in that small area so that would create some crowding issues. I think the only way this would work in that area is if they took out Timberwolf since that would free up a lot of land.

we need more ridees in the back part of the park, around The Beast and rivertown, take out tomb raider... idk, but Action Zone os pretty full, id doubt we will get a new ride around that area for quite some time.

Yeah, Rivertown has very few rides and could use another but I don't think KI would take out any rides unless it's costing more to maintain than it brings people into the park (ex. Bat). Also, Tomb Raider is still relatively new and it's re-programmable so they could change the ride sequence and basically have a new ride whenever they want (kind of like what Disney has done with Tower of Terror at MGM).

As long as they don't put it too close to The Beast, anywhere in the back would be fine with me. I just got back from Hershey Park. The Trailblazer is a VERY small mine train coaster that has...had some cool scenery through the woods. Now it has Storm Runner running by it constantly. Storm runner completely encircles the ride, everywhere you look there is red track. Kinda takes away from the experience. I would hate to see that happen to The Beast.

Yeah, there is a lot of room around the back of the park by The Beast. I doubt KI would ever do anything to harm The Beast. There's some room behind TR:TR and behind forward Racer that wouldn't interfere with The Beast where they could possibly add a coaster. There's also a good amount of room between Action FX, Vortex, and The Beast.

I think that KI should make some kind of B&M coaster, have it's station in Rivertown by the lake. Have the lift hill go towards TR:TR and go way back there, then have it come back and go around the lake and enter the station.

I'll try to get a satelite picture of that area and show more details.

=]

I think that KI should make some kind of B&M coaster, have it's station in Rivertown by the lake. Have the lift hill go towards TR:TR and go way back there, then have it come back and go around the lake and enter the station.

I'll try to get a satelite picture of that area and show more details.

=]

If you could, draw on the image some. I'd like to see how you want it go.

After the addition of Firehawk I'm betting that there is not a coaster in the near future.

And why would Drop Zone and Congo be removed? Until recently, DZ had few down days. Congo almost never has down days and both are and remain popular. (Likely will into the future.)

Here is what I think the park needs to do. First remove Days of Thunder. That ride is the stupidest freaking go cart track I have ever seen. In the space the go cart track would leave you could install a pretty big flat ride such as somethign like a sky swater from S&S or something along the lines of a jump 2. They could even expand back by X- Base. A nice sized coaster could go along the back side of The Racer. For River town they they are pretty much locked in space wise back there unless they did widened the exit to WWC and made a full sized pathway back there to allow for expansion.

Here is what I think the park needs to do. First remove Days of Thunder. That ride is the stupidest freaking go cart track I have ever seen. In the space the go cart track would leave you could install a pretty big flat ride such as somethign like a sky swater from S&S or something along the lines of a jump 2. They could even expand back by X- Base. A nice sized coaster could go along the back side of The Racer. For River town they they are pretty much locked in space wise back there unless they did widened the exit to WWC and made a full sized pathway back there to allow for expansion.

There is actually a huge area of open and vacant land back in Rivertown. The problem is that not much of it is even remotely flat, though.

Well back in River Town what I ment really to say is that much of the land they have back there is surround by other rides and would be hard to get a major pathway back there.

Two major rides sit in an area of the park that was at one time completely inaccessible to the general public.

from the back of international showplace to rivertown is a lot of space. why not build a coaster that goes over the pond the way CP does. if they're not going to landscape the area around the pond, then we might as utilize it for a ride. they already destroyed the beauty of that area with ijst anyway.

I will refer eveyone to MrPKI's post last month. He has a good idea for rivertown over the lake. If you took out IJ there would be even more room. Personally I think IJ should be removed.

The post is in this thread http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9685

Here's my top five list of where new rides should go, in image form:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5295/ki...ideideasqi2.jpg

For #1 they would probably have to move around some maintenance paths, but it looks like there's plenty of room for a flat or some other tracked ride.

#2 has the most room to expand, and that's were I think some 2008 water attraction(s) should go.

#3 is my only coaster option, and I don't hope or think that this one is coming just yet, but when and if it does, I hope they pull a Holiday World and save as many trees as possible making for an awesome ride experience and finally bringing back an Addams Family-style concept although with a different theme.

#4.........well IMO Days of Thunder is the biggest waste of space in the park, and I'd be glad if almost anything took it's place, although it definitely doesn't need to be a coaster.............unless they want to move IJ:ST over there. :rolleyes:

#5 is an obvious area for a flat ride, and like many have said before, a Huss Jump2 or I was thinking a S&S Sky Swat would be a good fit; this would be my 2nd choice area for a 2008 attraction.

Id still say move Topgun to X-Base--so it would theme with that area better. You would then have that plot of land. Move Ae to Rivertown by TR:TR and it would be better. Then there would have spaces galore for all kinds of new stuff. Flat ride in the spot where AE was,Topgun and AE get reprofiled and redone to make them better. Then, you have the spot TG occupied and whereever they decide to put the new coaster in Rivertown(cause it needs one) and maybe the possibility of not just one but two or three rides at once. that would sure help attendance then and cure all our itches!!

I love coasters just as much as the next guy. But, does anybody remember when amusement and theme parks did not just build a coaster legacy.

My point is that it takes a lot more than just roller coasters to make a good park.

m.f.21

Busch Gardens

Dollywood

Universal

Disney

Kennywood

Hershey

.... Much More than Just Coasters

Six Flags is Coming Around to More Than Coasters

Cedar Fair Is Just Playin Catch Up