NEW ride idea

familyguyfun1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to go back and bring up the expansion topic:

Personally if you widened the current entrance to Action Zone and made it the full size of the wooden tunnel you go under at the entrace and spread a path off to the left before you get to actual spilt of the 2 lines you could probably make another wooden tunnel underneath the forward racers and then you could just expand that way, yes its limited but that could have some potential to work, or even since they never seem to run more then one show in Action Zone anymore just make it one line and take out the whole left side path leaving plenty of room for paths and such, you could even really leave 2 shows and just make it one line if your running the same show which they seem to be doing lately. Just an idea.

Hmm I do believe this year Cedar Fair at least fixed all of that at the beginning of the park .. when did paramount ever fix anything kinda theme lighting problems?

And its just a tad bit easier to fix something that isnt an attraction... dontcha think? lol

Cedar Fair, while they did do a few cosmetic improvements this year has not restored any of the theming better than PP did, Tomb Raider operated for about a month with the house lights on and no special effects working. IJ:ST still doesnt have the lightbulbs on the cars working. The helicopter on IJ had one of the machine gun lights burnt out as well as a main one on the billboard when Boddah and I went opening weekend of Halloween Haunt. Many of the animatronics at the end of Adventure Expres had their eyes burnt out last weekend and the main guy at the end had no sound or lights and hasn't all season. So what made you think CF fixed all that theming?

Glad to see ya back Tuskin!

Paramounts Kings Island had a department called Tech Services which originally was put in place to help keep up and restore theming. Over the years KI cut back tech services and gave them other jobs on top of upkeeping theming such as restoring games microphones and maintaining cash registers. In 2007 Cedar Fair cut the department in half and has given absolutely no budget to restoring theming. Remember that whole time Tomb Raider operated with no sound? I havent even seen Adventure Express with working effects in years and how long has it been since the IJ helicopter raised up and down? Im still waiting on the stairs effects on IJ, the fishtailing cars, and the onbaord sound. Cedar Fair hasn't done anything to repair theming, they even let it deteriorate worse than Paramount did. One weekend while riding the train they made the operators use a megaphone because they hadnt fixed the trains microphone yet. You could hardly hear the poor guy talking, who was by far the nicest employee ive ever met in my 20 year history of visiting the park, i think his name was Dustin...

Anyways, the point here is, CF hasn't done anything to restore theming and as their history as a company shows....they dont care about theming (Disaster Transport at CP), theyre in a lot of hot water with money, and they intend to be cheap and get this debt paid off (Closing of GL rides side, and now potentially selling GA)

Also, whats with the light thing? Is it really that hard to walk back there? Its not like its a mile or anything. When I went back in August with my daughter and her fiance both FOF and Firehawk were closed in the morning and a ride op from each ride was standing under the X base arch.

For some reason I am reminded of Jeffrey Seibert at IAAPA, shilling Paramount's then newest attractions to other PR types as being, and I quote, "cheap and cheerful." I believe he was talking about Italian Job. Well, at least one of those two things turned out to be true! :) Cheap, it wasn't. Way overbudget, the way I heard it. Which explains why some of those effects were never installed. Not unlike the Suncor wood on Son of Beast, Sonny's announced but never installed urethane wheels, the re-theming of Racer to look as it did in 1972, etc. Parks have budgets. And sometimes they do get cut. You do the best you can with what you got. And you hope it is good enough.

These surely are tough times to be working for Cedar Fair in a management position. These people are trying hard with what they got. I just hope it is good enough.

Thanks for the welcome backs,

Well all I was saying is that when I went the lights on the Adventure Express were working, I havent been in quite some time due to college, however when I went at the beginning of the year, the boat load of times that I did, I saw a lot of lights working that were not at the same time I went the year before, nothing more nothing less thats all I was saying lol.

Running back to the idea of the original topic, all the trains laying in the graveyard. I had no idea we still even had the king cobra trains!?!? .. why would they still be keeping those, for spare parts?

Well all I was saying is that when I went the lights on the Adventure Express were working, I havent been in quite some time due to college, however when I went at the beginning of the year, the boat load of times that I did, I saw a lot of lights working that were not at the same time I went the year before, nothing more nothing less thats all I was saying lol

Actually you said...

Hmm I do believe this year Cedar Fair at least fixed all of that at the beginning

Ive also wondered why the King Cobra trains are stll around and why they havent gone to Wonderland or Dominion to be used as spare parts. The G trains laying around im sure will unfortuanently be placed on a woodie at KI this year. Which one and which direction they face, is still to be seen....but i can thnk of a cheap, affective strategy that CF has for them.

Yea well u get the point lol,

Ive also wondered why the King Cobra trains are stll around and why they havent gone to Wonderland or Dominion to be used as spare parts. The G trains laying around im sure will unfortuanently be placed on a woodie at KI this year. Which one and which direction they face, is still to be seen....but i can thnk of a cheap, affective strategy that CF has for them.

Whats this cheap affective strategy that you can think of for the trains .. building a new stand up steel?

Yea, Like the fact that it's one of the most popular rides in the park! :lol: Seriously, who even came up with the idea that:

Drop Zone is being removed

Vortex is sinking

Congo Falls and Timberwolf are leaving

Beast and Racer are getting new trains

New Ride Names for 2008

I could go on!

And what would you say if one or two of those things ACTUALLY happen? Hmmm?? Just curious.

- Todd, who definitely agrees that no rides are being removed

You SHOULD give in. Remember that post you re-posted the other day? The one that predicted X Flight was coming to Kings Island? The one that was in what? Early November of last year?

Wonder who posted that?

Delirium_Guy, that's who. Most people who yak about coming attractions don't know what they are talking about, and most of the few who do know what is coming never say. But when Delirium_Guy talks, I, for one, listen.

You see, he has a track record. A darn good one on these things. . .

Yea, Like the fact that it's one of the most popular rides in the park! :lol: Seriously, who even came up with the idea that:

Drop Zone is being removed

Vortex is sinking

Congo Falls and Timberwolf are leaving

Beast and Racer are getting new trains

New Ride Names for 2008

I could go on!

Well...

While anything can happen, I think it is easy to say that: DZ is not being removed and Vortex is not sinking.

I really can't see CF and Timberwolf being removed or Beast/ Racer getting new trains, but sure, it is possible.

Now new ride names for 2008. Yeah, I can see that definitely happening. Given the fact that the park is selling something for a discount pretty much gives away what is going on.

Speaking of new names, i wander what they'll be..?

Obviously they're dropping the paramount themse,which IMO is a good thing but renaming rides is gonna be tricky.I suppose IJ:ST(IJ:TC @ KD) will just be known as stunt track/turbo coaster,DZ will probably be renamed power tower or something along those lines & face/off will probably be renamed Invertigo.

Back in the Taft/KECO days both KI & KD had some really good theming but Paramount really ruined it with their attempts at theming rides after films that weren't very good to begin with.They tried to market themselves as t he "poor man's Universal" & they really blew it IMHO.Now as for what KI needs:I think they could benefit greatly from a B&M hyper,and quite possibly an invert....lord knows they really need one.