NEW ride idea

familyguyfun1

I will refer eveyone to MrPKI's post last month. He has a good idea for rivertown over the lake. If you took out IJ there would be even more room. Personally I think IJ should be removed.

The post is in this thread http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9685

Here's my top five list of where new rides should go, in image form:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5295/ki...ideideasqi2.jpg

For #1 they would probably have to move around some maintenance paths, but it looks like there's plenty of room for a flat or some other tracked ride.

#2 has the most room to expand, and that's were I think some 2008 water attraction(s) should go.

#3 is my only coaster option, and I don't hope or think that this one is coming just yet, but when and if it does, I hope they pull a Holiday World and save as many trees as possible making for an awesome ride experience and finally bringing back an Addams Family-style concept although with a different theme.

#4.........well IMO Days of Thunder is the biggest waste of space in the park, and I'd be glad if almost anything took it's place, although it definitely doesn't need to be a coaster.............unless they want to move IJ:ST over there. :rolleyes:

#5 is an obvious area for a flat ride, and like many have said before, a Huss Jump2 or I was thinking a S&S Sky Swat would be a good fit; this would be my 2nd choice area for a 2008 attraction.

Sorry to break the ice but IJ:ST is not going anywhere. Its practiclly new.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind seeing them taking IJ:ST out I hate that ride with a passion half the stuff doesnt work and most of the effects that it was suppose to have never happened also its the shortest coaster I been on in my life!..I just dont like IJST!

As for DZ I dont see them removing it that would make sense maybe if remove Congo Falls and place it in RT or BB it might work.

^ its a huge maintenance expense, also the naming rights. Cedar Fair would need to spend some money retheming and continue spending ongoing high maintenance costs on the ride. Not to mention, most of the theming doesn't even work. The ride is becoming less attractive.

So rather than invest all of this money into it, a better option might be to sell it.

Keep in mind also, this ride was put in by paramount, not the former KI. It is more of a themed ride than a roller coaster. Not really Cedar Fair's style in my opinion. Cedar Fair prefers good quality rides that they maintain and plan to keep for a long time.

Also, IJ was supposed to have the "sliding" car effect. This would have made the ride much more attractive and unique. As it stands, with almost all the theming not working, its pretty pathetic in my opinion and ridership levels prove it. I do agree its a good family coaster especially for young ones, really Cedar Fair has to look at it from a profitability standpoint.

Normally I hate to see KI take out rides to put in others. I was totally against IJ over Flyers and Antique Cars. I gurantee if Cedar Fair had owned the park then, those rides would still be there. Those are 2 very good examples of Cedar Fair style rides - low maintnance, good ride for all, and maintained for a long time to stay.

I am only saying this might be an option for Cedar Point.

I will refer eveyone to MrPKI's post last month. He has a good idea for rivertown over the lake. If you took out IJ there would be even more room. Personally I think IJ should be removed.

The post is in this thread http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9685

Here's my top five list of where new rides should go, in image form:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5295/ki...ideideasqi2.jpg

For #1 they would probably have to move around some maintenance paths, but it looks like there's plenty of room for a flat or some other tracked ride.

#2 has the most room to expand, and that's were I think some 2008 water attraction(s) should go.

#3 is my only coaster option, and I don't hope or think that this one is coming just yet, but when and if it does, I hope they pull a Holiday World and save as many trees as possible making for an awesome ride experience and finally bringing back an Addams Family-style concept although with a different theme.

#4.........well IMO Days of Thunder is the biggest waste of space in the park, and I'd be glad if almost anything took it's place, although it definitely doesn't need to be a coaster.............unless they want to move IJ:ST over there. :rolleyes:

#5 is an obvious area for a flat ride, and like many have said before, a Huss Jump2 or I was thinking a S&S Sky Swat would be a good fit; this would be my 2nd choice area for a 2008 attraction.

Here are a few things that jump out at me when looking at these pics:

1) This picture shows the small space between FOF, AE and Racer. While this may look like a lot of space from the sky, it really isn’t. As someone who has walked through that area thousands of times, I can tell you that the best thing you could put back there is a small flat ride. You would also cut off many rides from maintenance access. Let’s face it one of the unique things about KI is that most of the maintenance roads aren’t visible to the guests.

2) I believe most of this area you have highlighted is the are under the high voltage power lines. Now I am not an engineer, but I do believe that you can’t build under these lines, or at the very least you can’t build over a certain height under these lines.

3) First off IJ isn’t going anywhere for a while. True, its theming isn’t complete, and it’s not the most thrilling ride in the world, but it is one of very few rides in the park that can consistently put over 1,000 on the ride in an hour. Your plan sounds like it would take out the lake there. If you could keep the lake maybe, but we would also have to take out a lot of those trees there. I am not sure if I would want to sacrifice the image of the Rivertown area just to squeeze in another coaster. There are far better places in the park.

4) DOT, there’s not much else that you could put here. What you can’t tell from your picture is that directly behind the station is a steeply graded hill. Not much you can put in here without risking damage to the SOB structure or getting pretty close to Delirium.

5) I actually agree with you here. Eurobungee is the biggest waste of space in the park and it needs to be removed. There is so much potential for this spot in the park to help to get the big crowds to the back of the park. Some kind of big flat ride would fit in perfect in this location.

Okay I just had a idea. What if they took down drop zone and congo, Use the money that they sold it to and used it towards the B&M roller coaster (hopfully comeing) from congo(station) to top gun and back? Any thoughts on this? Thank you for your time.

From my understanding, for larger scale parks like KI, selling rides is more of a conveniece thing than anything. Simply put: they'd rather make a few bucks selling a removed ride than having to find somewhere to store it. In big business terms, selling the rides gets you pocket changed. It's kind of like if you ate at McDonald's and someone offered you two or three pennies to take your trash for their future use. You probably wouldn't bend over to pick up a few pennies off the ground, but hey, at least you don't have to go through the trouble of throwing your own trash away.

I've said it before, but I'd love to see a HEAVILY themed ride/coaster in X-Base! More on the lines of Universal's The Mummy or MIB:Alien Attack! A cool dark ride/dark coaster would be awesome in that area... and provide a "cool" place to chill in that area hence the lack of shading! Maybe add some food/souv. shops in that area too!

But KI has done something that I bet they didn't mean too.. they've blocked themselves in to a "corner". All I mean is that they've built coasters all along the perimeter of the park which has made it extremely hard to expand! To build out more you'd have to remove either:

-Top Gun

-Son of Beast

-Firehawk

-Flight of Fear

-Racers

-Tomb Raider

-The Beast

-White Water Canyon

-KI Railroad

Any of these would be a HUGE loss to the park... and I don't see it happening. Again, KI has kind of backed themselves into a "corner", I'd love to see what CF has planned for the future... or if CF is even in that future? -Hauntguy

^hauntguy

A heavily themed dark ride? This would be similar to FOF in my opinion. First of all, this is not CF style rides, though I was impressed with them theming Maverick compared to almost no theming on most of their rides. I love Mummy, that would be great, but I just dont see it as practical for CF and KI right now. I think it would be better to retheme FOF some.

I think they have gotten past Racer, there is some room by AE. I don't think they are completely blocked, but limited yes I agree. There are ways to do it I'm sure, would be nice to see them utilize space more like CP I agree though, but I don't think they will move or remove any coaster to do so that would be a loss

I think they have gotten past Racer, there is some room by AE. I don't think they are completely blocked, but limited yes I agree. There are ways to do it I'm sure, would be nice to see them utilize space more like CP I agree though, but I don't think they will move or remove any coaster to do so that would be a loss

I think one thing that you are forgetting is that it is possible to build across the trains railroad tracks. It's easy to build a path accross the tracks as you can see at CP where many paths cross the railroad tracks.

One other thing they could do, since AT never uses its full queue, they could spit ATs current exit and have the entrance on the left side of the current exit and leave the right side as the exit. This opens up the tunnel (ATs current entrance)under Racer which could easily be widened and then lead to a new area, ride, whatever you want to put back there. It is relatively flat, so that wouldn't be a problem.

I've said it before, but I'd love to see a HEAVILY themed ride/coaster in X-Base! More on the lines of Universal's The Mummy or MIB:Alien Attack! A cool dark ride/dark coaster would be awesome in that area... and provide a "cool" place to chill in that area hence the lack of shading! Maybe add some food/souv. shops in that area too!

But KI has done something that I bet they didn't mean too.. they've blocked themselves in to a "corner". All I mean is that they've built coasters all along the perimeter of the park which has made it extremely hard to expand! To build out more you'd have to remove either:

-Top Gun

-Son of Beast

-Firehawk

-Flight of Fear

-Racers

-Tomb Raider

-The Beast

-White Water Canyon

-KI Railroad

Any of these would be a HUGE loss to the park... and I don't see it happening. Again, KI has kind of backed themselves into a "corner", I'd love to see what CF has planned for the future... or if CF is even in that future? -Hauntguy

I like that idea I really would love to see another Dark Ride but honestly Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle is the apple of my eye but thats something you and I have in common hauntguy we love darkrides and spooky stuff :lol:;)

Looking at different theme parks around the world their are some great flat rides still out. Everyone that goes to Kings Island would like something other than a roller coaster. Another dark ride would be great idea or some kinda flat ride that has not made its way to the USA.

I think that they should relocate the picnic grove to the right of the main gate in the admin lot and use the picnic grove as area for development. There's lot of in park room there.

And they should build the train around the entire park and use it for transportation like at Disney.

I think that they should relocate the picnic grove to the right of the main gate in the admin lot and use the picnic grove as area for development. There's lot of in park room there.

And they should build the train around the entire park and use it for transportation like at Disney.

Probably not a good idea with the administration and operations buildings back there.

Plus where would the full time employees park?

If anything in that list was to go. I would have to say Tomb raider. Because it takes so much energy and no one rides it any more. I mean like new commers to Kings Island are always like, "Oh, I thought this was a roller coaster". And every time i get off i hear remarks about how it HURTS them. My sister wanted to go on it and I said thats not a good idea and she said no its okay. She cried the whole time! She said it hurt her, so I complaned as of many complants for that ride. And I think that if Cedar Fair was smart, they would take out TR:TR and expand to build more and more Roller Coasters, more rides and more shops and attractions.

Thanks for your time. :D

I'm still waiting for a inverted-giga coaster! I know that won't happen anytime in the near future, I know we are on the down side of the big coaster building of the 90's. Geauga Lake is dead so maybe next year they might move "Dominator" from there to Kings Island. That's a fun coaster.

One other thing, I hate Italian Stunt Junk, I have rode more thrilling coasters at the State Fair!

If anything in that list was to go. I would have to say Tomb raider. Because it takes so much energy and no one rides it any more. I mean like new commers to Kings Island are always like, "Oh, I thought this was a roller coaster". And every time i get off i hear remarks about how it HURTS them. My sister wanted to go on it and I said thats not a good idea and she said no its okay. She cried the whole time! She said it hurt her, so I complaned as of many complants for that ride. And I think that if Cedar Fair was smart, they would take out TR:TR and expand to build more and more Roller Coasters, more rides and more shops and attractions.

Please pardon my ignorance, but how exactly do you know how much energy Tomb Raider takes? In addition I can assure you that even in the midsts of all its troubles the ride still maintains a pretty good line.

Please pardon my ignorance, but how exactly do you know how much energy Tomb Raider takes? In addition I can assure you that even in the midsts of all its troubles the ride still maintains a pretty good line.

The reason why I know how much it takes is because I watched lik sum program that talked about it and it said it takes as much power as a small city, Thats 3,000 homes!

A small city... Dont be rediculous. The show you're talking about just says it takes a lot of power, it says nothing about a small city. That would be pretty stupid dont you think if it took more energy to run tomb raider than it did to run Mason. All of the rides motors are powered by 480 volts. There is even a 16 cylander diesel generator behind the ride that will power the ride in the event of a power failure. I personally have seen it run before. I doubt that same generator could power a small city.

The ride creates energy when it comes down and removed from the ride to assist in slowing the ride down but that is all high volt very low amp.

Either way there is no point in removing Tomb Raider on the basis of power consumption.

When it comes to TRTR, you can consider DeLorean Rider an expert. Just read his signature if you have any doubts.

Why Thank you!

And if you have ANY question about Adventure Express... Well you know who to ask. I would never doubt MarketingExpress in a debate about the Adventure Express. Similarly, just read his signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok they have so much land why rip out old to build new? thats just stuped... If we have older rides that are still running like champs why get rid of them. Your talken about getting rid of two rides to put in one. Did you know that KI could be three thats 3 times larger than Cedar Point and NEVER have to rip out another ride? Get rid of drop zone.. HAHAHA now ive herd it all

p.s. why remove a ride couze it uses a lot of power. Thats like cutting the ac off your house couze it uses too much power. Becides im sure there are other rides that use far more power than trtr