Is Drop Zone open yet?

sixpack

If I remember correctly, Drop Zone has been closed for over a MONTH now, and news reports said over a week ago that the ride would open within days. I know that drop zone has been waiting for a new part, but and as far as I know the ride has been completely dead for a long time. My question is has anyone seen testing or work being done to the ride lately? Or does anyone know if the new part has arrived yet? It just seems odd to me that we keep hearing that the ride is going to open soon, but it hasn't showed any signs of life in weeks. I don't want to start any rumors though...

If I remember correctly, Drop Zone has been closed for over a MONTH now, and news reports said over a week ago that the ride would open within days. I know that drop zone has been waiting for a new part, but and as far as I know the ride has been completely dead for a long time. My question is has anyone seen testing or work being done to the ride lately? Or does anyone know if the new part has arrived yet? It just seems odd to me that we keep hearing that the ride is going to open soon, but it hasn't showed any signs of life in weeks. I don't want to start any rumors though...

I was there Friday and Sunday and saw no movement at all over there. The cables are still missing too. Doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon.... :(

I was there Friday and Sunday and saw no movement at all over there. The cables are still missing too. Doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon.... :(

If the cables were missing the catchcar wouldn't be sitting at the TOP of the tower...

I was just going to say that PKIDelirium. How do people think the catch car is sitting up there? LOL The Cables are there it's just hard to see them when the catch car is at the top of the tower. LOL. Boddah said in another thread that it should be open by Friday, so does he know something we don't?

will it be by wednesday because thats when im going if it gets openplease post it

Me too im going on Wednesday also and want it open

Boddah said in another thread that it should be open by Friday, so does he know something we don't?

Boddah could know something we dont because remember he did get an email from Don Helbig saying SoB had reopened when it did back on Thursday and it also said that DZ wont be long so maybe he has an exact date but was asked not to tell us until it does open.

will it be by wednesday because thats when im going if it gets openplease post it

Me too im going on Wednesday also and want it open

Same here I'll be at the water park mostly on Wednesday, but if DZ opens, I might have to head over to there.

According to the webcam, it appears the catch car is still at the top. Now my question is, since a new part was recommended by the manufacturer, does that mean the state has to re-certify the ride, before they reopen it?

from Dayton Daily News' web site:

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Staff Report

The popular heart-in-your-throat Kings Island ride Drop Zone re-opened early Tuesday afternoon.

The ride was shut down in June as a precaution after an accident on a similar ride, the Superman Tower of Power at Six Flags Kingdom in Louisville. A 13-year-old girl's feet were severed when a cable broke loose.