Son Of Beast & Drop Zone to reopen

Cody

They both were struck by lighting.

Drop Zone has new cables now =)

Drop Zone will reopen with the park in the on coming week's

Son of Beast is geting repair'd at the top of the lift were it was struck'd

Have a good night.

Its the rumor SMASHER c'mon. Drop Zone has been struck more than once. The lighting rod usually does the trick but sometimes it gets the tower itself. Son of Beast has rods all over it but once again sometimes lightning hits the metal wheel guide on the track.

Cables are parts aren't they?

Yes they are, but It was supposed to be a cable that was recommended from the manufacturer, that would lead me to believe it was something other then cables.

But I could see where this could have delayed the opening of DZ even more.

Let me see if i remember how to do the GR spin..

Ladies and gentlemen these attractions are down and I expect a long wait for them to re open. No sir I do not know why the lift is smoking. Please check back later and if the ride has not been tottally engulfed in flames the ride may be re open. As for drop zone. It is missing what pulls it up so sadly you cannot ride. Sir I am sorry that little Johnny is tall enough now.

Lightning has struck rides before and taken them down for a few days. Lightning hit Vortex a few years ago and fried the computers, it happens and that's probably why SoB closed again. I really can't see it opening for less than a week and closing for other reason.

Also, why do you think Drop Zone was getting a new part OTHER than a cable. Think about the timing, it almost certainly had to be a cable or part of the cable lift system.

Lightning has struck rides before and taken them down for a few days. Lightning hit Vortex a few years ago and fried the computers, it happens and that's probably why SoB closed again. I really can't see it opening for less than a week and closing for other reason.

Also, why do you think Drop Zone was getting a new part OTHER than a cable. Think about the timing, it almost certainly had to be a cable or part of the cable lift system.

Lightning hits Vortex during many electrical storms.

If you stand on International Street and there is a storm watch the rides. The metal rides give off a funny light blue/green glow when they get hit by lightning. I've watched it many times.

And guess what....... Does not usually take them down.

Dick Kinzel himself could post on this message board and he'd be bombarded with "WHERES YOUR PROOF" "WHERE ARE PICTURES"...

To be honest - it gets old - actually - beyond old... Thats kind of what makes the message board fun isnt it???

Am I the only one who thinks its rather amusing how serious some people take this board?

Thats because some people DO have the scoop... Some people know about rides, some shows and marketing, some Fearfest!!! HAHAHA.... There are people on this board that WORK at the park, others have friends that do, and some either are/or know people that get contracted out to do work for the park.

That's why sometimes you must take this board seriously! -Hauntguy

Thats because some people DO have the scoop... Some people know about rides, some shows and marketing, some Fearfest!!! HAHAHA.... There are people on this board that WORK at the park, others have friends that do, and some either are/or know people that get contracted out to do work for the park.

That's why sometimes you must take this board seriously! -Hauntguy

I'm glad you posted that Hauntguy. <G>

- But I agree 100%.

And believe it or not, and whether or not it is wise, there are those who read this board to make investment decisions, to make decisions about whether or where to take their families to a park, to decide where to spend their lives making money and some even read it to have fun.

As for the original poster, the claim is that DZ and SOB were struck by "lighting." Odd, I have nearly always found them to be lit in the past without incident...

It depends on where the lightning struck? Drop Zone was indeed struck when I worked at the park, and the ride was indeed shut down for about a week or 2 while they had to do repair work to it. It is very possible that it happened again. But I'm thinking SOB ran on Wednesday were they a storm Wednesday?

i doubt lightning, as it was open wednesday, and it was a pretty good day out if i remember correctly. Son of Beast was not functioning properly on tuesday, when i rode it, and it was horrible thundering/lightning on and off monsoon type raining all day... it was the red train giving trouble for them...i think that the lightning thing is full of crap, if it were true, someone would have seen drop zone testing before then... i doubt it would cause damage to the computer circuitry when its not on for maintenance...

Dick Kinzel himself could post on this message board and he'd be bombarded with "WHERES YOUR PROOF" "WHERE ARE PICTURES"...

To be honest - it gets old - actually - beyond old... Thats kind of what makes the message board fun isnt it???

Am I the only one who thinks its rather amusing how serious some people take this board?

Funny -- the same people who question credibility are the same people who attack others for questioning credibility.

I think Interp coined the phrase (at least for our use), "Those who don't know speak while those who know remain silent." Not saying anything about RS's credibility necessarily, but we do get a lot of people who post random rumors, or people who are nothing more than arrogant lap bar checkers who think they have the inside scoop because they're level 1 in north pie.

Fine don't Believe me, but I actully got the inside scoop on this one.

That is hilarious.

I still remember when you said that there were no new trains for SoB, two major additions for 2007, saying that 2007 would be KI's best year ever and then turn around to say that CF is cheap....

... and the list continues.

As for the original poster, the claim is that DZ and SOB were struck by "lighting." Odd, I have nearly always found them to be lit in the past without incident...

Good one terp! I skimmed right past that one! Nice catch! :)

I think everyone did. Maybe they're adding lights to both since they are over 200 ft (to warm airplanes).