July 13th Face Off Shut Down

kerry1150

Anybody know what happened with face off friday evening? We were taking a break in the parking lot and watched them manually bring the train down from the second hill. Must not have been anything major since it was running later that evening, but just kinda curious what happened.

Anybody know what happened with face off friday evening? We were taking a break in the parking lot and watched them manually bring the train down from the second hill. Must not have been anything major since it was running later that evening, but just kinda curious what happened.

That's interesting. How did they bring it down manually? I'm guessing they didn't push it ;)

I heard that it had vallied sometime friday, which I would believe before the lightning theory..lol. Boomerang style coasters are know for vallying so.

By manually, I mean that it appeard that maintenance or somebody locked onto it with one of the baskets that are at the top of the hills and lowered it down. I really don't believe the lightning theory because we didn't see any indications of severe weather all day.

I heard that it had vallied sometime friday, which I would believe before the lightning theory..lol. Boomerang style coasters are know for vallying so.

Yes they sure are. The vampire at SFKK did this several times in it's last season before it was relocated. http://timelines.home.insightbb.com/sfkk_years.htm

What does Vallied mean? Is that the evacuation method?

No it's where the train doesn't have enough speed to make it through the circuit. It gets stuck in a "valley" of track.

ooh, sounds like fun, i wanna get stuck vallying on a ride, seriously, it would be an amazing experience... i wanna get stuck on a ride so bad. be the last car to run on a particular ride, or something.

What does Vallied mean? Is that the evacuation method?

No it's where the train doesn't have enough speed to make it through the circuit. It gets stuck in a "valley" of track.

ooh, sounds like fun, i wanna get stuck vallying on a ride, seriously, it would be an amazing experience... i wanna get stuck on a ride so bad. be the last car to run on a particular ride, or something.

Check out the link that I included. Being stuck upside down for 3+ hours doesn't sound like much fun which is what happened with The Vampire.

I was eating dinner when I saw that it was stuck. For about 5 minutes, the people were stuck up on one of the hills. Then it appeared they got the train free, and it slowly started to go down the track. Then it looked liked they changed their mind, and decided to raise it again, so they could drop it. That would make sense if it was stuck up on the second hill, so it had speed. Anyways, when it got all the way up to the top, it got stuck again. We saw it stuck for about 10 minutes total, and we headed back towards The Beast. At around 8, we saw the train in the exact position as it was when it was stuck. Except this time, no one was in the train.