Boomerang Bay Entrance

ohiomom28

Just out of curiosity, I no longer see the disclaimer that the Boomerang Bay gate is for season pass only printed in the park guide.

Has the rule changed to allow any prepurchased tickets/passes to be used at that gate, or even better, have they set up ticket sales facilities back there.

Oh, and for the original poster - whenever I have used that lot, we move our car back to the main lot before waterpark close. It can be faster than the train, takes care of the long walk at the end of the night, and you can grab a drink out of the cooler as you ride back to the main lot.

Just out of curiosity, I no longer see the disclaimer that the Boomerang Bay gate is for season pass only printed in the park guide.

Has the rule changed to allow any prepurchased tickets/passes to be used at that gate, or even better, have they set up ticket sales facilities back there.

Oh, and for the original poster - whenever I have used that lot, we move our car back to the main lot before waterpark close. It can be faster than the train, takes care of the long walk at the end of the night, and you can grab a drink out of the cooler as you ride back to the main lot.

I have only seen passes being used there. I think its still only for passholders. As for walking back to that lot. I have never done it before nor have I paid much attention to how far away it is...Is it that far away?

I have done the walk before and it a decent walk.

Yeah it is. I have made the walk through the park, through the parking lot, and parked by the entrance. I suggest parking by the Boomerang Bay Entrance and then moving your car when you're done because it eliminates a several minute walk and you're already walking around the entire day anyway.

I have done the walk before and it a decent walk.

Yeah it is. I have made the walk through the park, through the parking lot, and parked by the entrance. I suggest parking by the Boomerang Bay Entrance and then moving your car when you're done because it eliminates a several minute walk and you're already walking around the entire day anyway.

I am only going from 5 to close tonight. Not a big deal to walk there afterwards.

One more thing...the scanners they use at the BB entrance are just handheld and don't show the pics do they? How do they know if its the passholder? Come to think of it, even when we go through the main gate, they rarely even look at the pic..

One more thing...the scanners they use at the BB entrance are just handheld and don't show the pics do they? How do they know if its the passholder? Come to think of it, even when we go through the main gate, they rarely even look at the pic..

They do use the hand held scanners at BB but I asked the attendant once and I'm pretty sure she said they still have the pictures on there. Yeah, they usually are waiting on the picture so they can press a button but I've never let anyone else use my pass so I wouldn't know how throughly they check.

Yes, the handheld scanners still show your picture. I don't think hardly any of them actually check the picture though.

LOL, We went in the BB gate on Friday and I wanted to see for sure and purposely handed my pass to my son and they did notice by the picture that it wasn't him. We just switched back though. I just wanted to see how much they pay attention.

Yesterday we went through the main gate and I watched as we were going through the line. They really don't look up to see if you are the correct person. Just bugs me that anyone could possibly get by using a pass they didn't pay for...

Last time we went with my bil and sil, they switched passes on purpose to see if the gate keeper was paying attention. He looked at the pics, but not at them. He let them through with each other's passes.

deb