Son of Beast Reopened, July 19th

BoddaH1994

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwindshawne

I am not a fan of Son as everyone knows, but I am glad its open again. I hope all the bugs are resolved and that it stays open for a long time......

No, however I was watching Channel 5 news locally (Cincinnati Market) and they said it was down for preventative maintenance.

Preventative maintenance after 1 year of extended closure? Of course that is understandable considering that it wasn't until the past month or so that Sonny came back to life. I'm sure a lot of things popped up once things got "rollin" again.

I'm really glad that Sonny is open again. I'm going to the park tomorrow with some friends who haven't been on the ride this year. If my experience on it is like it was last time, I'll probably ride it two or three times.

Also, the way I see it: with the new cars and modified track, SOB in many ways is like a brand new ride. New rides understandably will need some tweaking and have some down-time. To my understanding, Firehawk had frequent down time it's first month of operation, and it's not 100% new. Even though SoB's downtime was very lengthy, it's a VERY big ride and my guess is that some extensive review was done on the track and cars to see how it has weathered its first week.

If in a year the ride still has frequent, lengthy down time, then I'll be concerned.

<Long Sigh> I feel like Sonny's defence attorney. (As you can tell I love the ride)

I was at the park today and rode it for the second time this year and the back is smoother then the front and the whole overall ride felt a lot better then when i rode the first time a couple weeks ago so maybe the week, week and a half of maintnence on the trains did some good because the rose bowl even seemed really smooth.

I really don't understand all the negativity towards SOB on here. Those of you that dislike the ride sure spend a lot of time trash talking it. It gets old to read over and over about how much you hate this ride and they should tear it down and build a B&M or whatnot. Different people like aspects of rides others don't. Get over it. Personally, I don't understand why people love TTD and Millenium Force as much as they do, but to each their own.

Where is the best seat?

If you want the smoothest seat then you want in one of the last two cars IMO but either way it would be a lot smoother then the front and you may feel like you are going a little bit faster also.

If you only got one ride though, how do we know that the front isn't smoother then it was last week?

Where is the best seat?

If you want the smoothest seat then you want in one of the last two cars IMO but either way it would be a lot smoother then the front and you may feel like you are going a little bit faster also.

If you only got one ride though, how do we know that the front isn't smoother then it was last week?

Thats why i will be there tomorrow to try it again a few more times i would've rode it at least one more time but we had like a three hour rain delay and then i was really mad because when i had to leave that was when they opened the rides back up and i had the feeling that would happen to.

When was it running?? I was at the park from 12-5 today. I know most of that time period was filled with down pours and lighting so oh well I guess I missed it once again.. :(

If I remember right it opened between 11 and 11:15 because i rode it at like 20 after 11 and there was barely a line for it and it stayed open until the down pours and lightning came through then opened back up around 5:45, 6PM.