Racer crew

Vistavision

i really didnt have a beef with The Racer crew besides hey were unprofessional, but last visit, me and my friend asked for straws when we had water cups (we mix with lemonade powder). well noone would give us one... wierd. some guy at subway finally gave us a straw, only to be yelled at by his manager or supervisor or whatnot. then when we got to The Racers, the op lady was wearing a necklace made out or tons of straws twisted around together. lets just say we werent too happy about that.

Know also that it has not been park policy to race The Racers for many years now. It seems to detract from capacity. It has been very rare that any conscious effort is made to actually race them. And if it is, backwards ALWAYS wins...so what is the point?

Okay, stupid question time.

Everytime I've been on The Racer when a conscious effort was made to race them...it has been true that backwards always seems to win. So my stupid question is....is there a particular reason that backwards for the most part always wins?

Actually the reason the backwards racer always seems to win is because when the center of gravity of the backwards train is more forward than the center of gravity of the forwards racer. Since the center of gravity is closer to the front, that center of gravity reaches the top first, and that center of gravity goes over the hill first. Obviously there is more weight where the people sit and with the backwards racer everyone is sitting closer to the front of the train than the forwards. Its not a question of speed, even two identically loaded trains would see the backwards racer win just because it will fall over the hill first. For the trains to be evenly matched, instead of the trains matching up end to end, they would need to be staggered slightly so that the bodies of the riders lined up, this would put the frontwards train just a hair in front of the backwards train.

This of course would be far less asthetically pleasing than watching two trains that were perfectly lined up. Guess life's not fair sometimes. If you wanna win, ride in reverse.:)

Vortex crew needs some help bad, on Sunday even with 4 ops on the floor, they still were stacking every train. My sister in-law hurt in next when we stopped in the safety's. Watch a train stop here sometime you'll see how much force the riders heads are thrown forward. If they can't run Vortex without stacking every train, I say just remove the 3rd train, cause the capacity won't be much different then it is now.

Man when I was on Vortex we did whatever it took to avoid stacking. We would consistantly get 40 trains an hour which was at the time practically unheard of. I believe i was on the crew the year that the dual dispatch button was moved to the load side. Of course I will admit, we NEVER had to deal with those #$%^ing green boxes. Those boxes slow EVERYBODY down because when you could normally move throughout the station when the train was moving or at least when the station was empty, now you must perch yourself in one of the ridiculous green boxes and only move while the train is stopped in the station. Things like arranging loose articles, walking toward the exit gate or even answering the phone now must be done after the train arrives and stops.

The Duel Dispatch button was moved in 2002. I was on Vortex Crew in 2001, and it was the first year of the stupid exit gate. So the person on unload had to wait until the station was clear before they could check bars. However we still rarely stacked trains. We also would unlock the restraints and open the gates at the same time, so the guests would be exiting the ride and loading at the same time. I believe one hour I had 36 trains which was a little over 1,200 riders.

All I know is when I went... last week I think it was.. The Racer crew was terrible..

Me and my cousin rode it at least 3 times I think and lets just say, that half the time only ONE side of the train's lap bars got checked, unless someone said something they left the other unchecked, and it was usually the side near the gates that got unchecked.....

That and the fact that one time we sat IN the train for about 5 minutes while they stood around talking and throwing a cup around...

If I had to rate The Racer crew out of ten it would be 0/10

If it's true that one side of an entire train was left unchecked, that needs to brought to a managers attention and I'm not talking about the teen supervisors at the ride either.

Unless they have a way to report that online, there is no way for me to personally tell a manager... considering I live about 2-4(traffic) hours away from the park..

Exactly. If there is a gross neglect for safety like operators failing to check an entire side of restraints before dispatching the train, that should be brought to a manager`s attention on the spot. It is a situation that should be remedied if seen and should NOT be occurring to begin with.