Possible location for a new ride?

SOBfan SK

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that clearing has been there for a while now, but in my opinion, when KI builds its next coaster, whether it be next year or 4 years, I think it should be a fast, unique steel terrain coaster back in that area with the station being where FX theater is now.

itsabirditsaplane.jpg

From Microsoft Virtual Earth you can see that area there at the bottom center as well as the King Cobra track in the top right. There is also a good amount of land encompassed by Racer, the firework spot, and the access roads where something could possibly go.

The old elephant barn (the cobra graveyard) is where the fireworks USED to be set off from. They used that clearing first for seasonal parking for those who worked in tech services (cancelled that right after 9/11) to shooting off the nights of fire fireworks then to the regular nightly display.

Many good memories from that field...

During Nights of Fire? Not anymore, not with people on I-street. Too close for the ashes if the wind is blowin right. Plus, it shuts down a signature ride for about 3 weeks or so before and after the show.

• 3 weeks later...

thats where psycho path is.. (to the left) where Firehawk/Flight of Fear (if im looking where you're all looking at) before the creepy A** saw shed we'd all pee in when the parade started on that side

they launch fire works back off the pad back near where the pumpkin patch is now.. (i think)

I belive...

During Nights of Fire? Not anymore, not with people on I-street. Too close for the ashes if the wind is blowin right. Plus, it shuts down a signature ride for about 3 weeks or so before and after the show.

Nights of fire never shut down a signature ride (I assume you mean ET) for 3 weeks. At most it was closed the day before fireworks and the days of the show. I know, I made the climb with the guys from Rozzi's and Entertainment for many years. Also, the nightly fireworks show was shot every night for the past 10 or so years from the Cobra grave yard site (the big pad down by the Halloween Trail). They used the grassy site by Tech services, The Beast, and The Racer for Nights of Fire for the past few years. This is the first season in a very long time that the nightly show has also been shot from there. Yes, two years ago they used the pumpkin patch and near the mid-course brakes of SOB for additional sites for Nights of fire. A few years back they also used behind TR:TR; in fact the year they were build TR;TR a good deal of that show was shot from the pit that would become TR:TR. The tower was scrapped after using it for a few years because due to wind there was too much of the show that had to be cut to keep things safe for the GP.

i remember the FIRST night *well to the entertainment dept* "dry run" when danny shot off the fireworks for the tower for the lighting of the tower

i never remember it for FF though.. and im a vetran to that.. or maybe I was too delerious from the fog machines to remember.. lol

i remember the FIRST night *well to the entertainment dept* "dry run" when danny shot off the fireworks for the tower for the lighting of the tower

Huh??? As for FearFest they only did it the first year. There were the sound effects of a storm rolling in with sirens and such and then the small fireworks and then the tower would start changing colors with strobes up and down the tower. Then all of the freezer guys would parade down the street to their maze.

I know some will agree that the first year for fearfest was the best. WEBN really knows how to get things done the rite way. If you remember that was the year they had a hanuted house in the top of the tower. They also had huge army trucks and large tents set up under the tower with a maze in it. Not like it is now in the maze located in the building by the saw shed. If you dont know where thats at the red building left of the F.O.F. que. That maze is more of a walk thru haunted house thats called a maze. Anyway, there was so much smoke and so meny people in the maze under the tower that you were getting passed by people going both directions. The Spooks working in the maze as you tryed to find your way out would try to help you find your way. Sometimes they would tell you the rite way to go and something they would tell you the wrong way. And if they told you the rite way and you didnt believe them when they saw you again they would follow you around laughing at you.

So as for the grassy area next to FX theatre its been there forever. Thats where they shoot the frieworks off every nite. They did use the area behind Firehawk when they did nights of fire. They cleared the area incase something goes wrong with the fireworks show that it hopefully wont burn the woods down or create another event like idora park. For thoes that dont know that park it was a park in youngstown ohio that burnt some long time ago. I herd a piece of equipment overheated and caught fire which cought some leaves and well long story short theres no more park there.

Check out the idora park site..

http://www.defunctparks.com/parks/OH/Idora/idora.htm

I remember that year. I liked the idea of a haunted house at the top of the tower, but it was obviously too short. There's just not enough room up there. That's probably why the removed that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...