Possible location for a new ride?

SOBfan SK

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

itsabirditsaplane.jpg

From Microsoft Virtual Earth you can see that area there at the bottom center as well as the King Cobra track in the top right. There is also a good amount of land encompassed by Racer, the firework spot, and the access roads where something could possibly go.

Wow, KI owns all of that? Also to the far upper right...are you saying that those are King Cobra tracks?

I did not know that they had that much land.

In this case, why do they take out rides to put up new ones? Leave the old rides ALONE and use that space then, dang man!

^ KI owns even more that what is in that picture.

You would be really surprised on how much lad the park owns.

But the problem is; how much of that land can be used for park expansion & rides before the cost outweighs the needs?

Adding a ride to land that has difficult terrain is not that big of a problem, but expanding the park to areas with difficult terrain is expensive as well as limiting to some guests.

Sorry last time I checked thats how much they had, im not mr know it all I was just relayin what I had THOUGHT was the amount of land they owned. However, Interp does know a lot (a lot more than I prbly will ever know about parks) and he corrected me, my mistake.

Hey, I wasn't correcting you....I thought perhaps you knew something I didn't....and many have corrected me, here; and correctly so!

We all can learn from each other.

Separately, sometimes (rarely, but sometimes), one word replies are witty and appropriate. But that should be the rare exception, not a way of doing business day to day.

And those of us who don't have the huge signatures some have feel just a bit more entitled to, on very rare occasion, use a one word reply.

Example. A poster asks:

Will Cedar Fair put in a ride this year or will they not?

Typical Interpreter answer:

Yes.

^Come on Bombay!

One word police?

Ah, to be 13 again.

I only have 7 more years before I am dealing with this stuff on a personal basis.

I did ask my mother if I was a know-it-all smart a$$ **** when I was a teenager. Her response, ironically, was also a one word answer:

"Worse".

;)

That area is/was where Kings Island shot there fireworks off for years.

Flyover125125.jpg

What a lovely picture. I LOVE this picture.

I don't care for the trampolines though.....they waste space. Sorry that's just my opinion.

They could put a nice flat ride there.

Breath taking picture of John Allen's Racer though.

Aaaawwwww........so pretty!

I honestly wish they would put something other then the trampolines in the old Flight Commander site. I think it would really draw more people into that area of Coney Mall.

Also it would be nice if they would do something with the old Lazar tag/Cinema 180 building.

I honestly wish they would put something other then the trampolines in the old Flight Commander site. I think it would really draw more people into that area of Coney Mall.

Wasn't that the origional intention of Zodiac?

How about this: We put something like Skyhawk from CP there. You think that will draw attention?

the flight commander pad was the original location of Drop Zone.

Wow, seriously? I never knew that. Thats cool. B)

the year before Drop Zone was installed there was a sign that sat in front of the "pad" that said something along the lines of "something new will 'drop in' in 2000" (or whenever pki installed it).

They never actually said that it was going there- i just assume since the sign was at that location they were planning to place it there.

and, yes- the Zodiac used to be there.

I believe it was "something new will drop in 1997" or 1998, as Drop Zone opened in it current location in 1999. The Drop Tower that would have been in Coney Mall would have been similar to Superman: Tower of Power (the former Hellevator) at Kentucky Kingdom, and the Drop Zone at Carowinds, instead they opted to add it later on as part of the Action Zone expansion and go with one of the first generation Intamin Gyro Drops.

I believe it was "something new will drop in 1997" or 1998, as Drop Zone opened in it current location in 1999. The Drop Tower that would have been in Coney Mall would have been similar to Superman: Tower of Power (the former Hellevator) at Kentucky Kingdom, and the Drop Zone at Carowinds, instead they opted to add it later on as part of the Action Zone expansion and go with one of the first generation Intamin Gyro Drops.

I think that that's right, DZ was added in 1999 as one of the 2 new additions to the new Paramount's Action Zone.

But, I think one of those Frog Hopper rides would do well there. Like the one at Coney.