NEW RIDE FOR 2008-2009

familyguyfun1

Now, there has been alot of romors going around about the new ride for the next season. So I wanted to make a form so you can talk about all the new rides you think are comeing, from, new dive coaster in Rivertown, to new flat ride in Action Zone, to a restroom in X-BASE. And to dissagree to with other members on belifes to facts.

My thoughts are they will get a dive coaster in Rivertown where the wings buffet is to that room in IT:ST and back. The reason why I belive in this statement is because of the low attendance they have been haveing lately in the park and they need a new and fresh attraction to bring the people back!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a total "tear out" of the Action FX building and re-install "Return to Phantom Theater"... Make it scarier, longer, oh... and darker! The entire line could be themed as a walk through the graveyard! This would be a dream come true for ALOT of people! -Hauntguy

Where do you get that attendance is low? I have never seen any numbers.

Why would a new coaster fix an attendance problem when a new coaster didn't fix this so-called attendance problem this year?

Not trying to be a jerk! I think we would be seeing some signs of this if it were going to happen there.

As I've said before, when KI gets its next coaster, I think the station should be where FX theater is and the track should extend through the woods back behind The Racer and to the left (and out of sight) of The Beast. As far as the type of ride, I think it should be similar to Maverick but still unique. And more than likely it wouldn't be built until '09 or '10.

FX theater has gone downhill fast. The building is in terrible shape, and the Spongebob movie was old about a year ago.

I'm going to take a wild stab and say that TR;TR will be re-themed.

It really makes the most sense.

I agree. I think We might see TR:TR rethemed to better reflect its surroundings. Perhaps an abandoned mine shaft or something. I'm hoping for a complete River Town revitalization. Hopefully something cool can be done with the empty buildings across from the Wild Thornberries. I highly doubt we'll be seeing any coasters or really expensive rides though. CF is in major debt and we just got a new coaster this year. It just seems improbable that we'll get a major new ride under those conditions.

So it will be: The New Guys Cedar Fairs Paramounts Kings Island. Well we might as well start changing the url again, lol.

The only reason I would think attendance is low is because it seems to be a trend that when a park gets new ownership attendance goes down. Just look at Geauga lake in its first CF year. Obviously I dont have proof of KI's low attendance.

Aren't there already 10000000 threads on this?

Anywho, TR:TR makeover is very likely. Other than that, no clue. It's too early in the season to say anything. If anything HUGE was happening, it would begin soon. And big things require years of previous planning, people. Remember, Maverick was thought up after Dragster in 2003.

Geauga Lake had an excause. They removed half the park and changed the named.

Which is still attributed to new ownership.

And the fact that Six Flags ran the park into the ground and gave it a very sour reputation among tourists and locals and Cedar Fair has done very little to improve that reputation. New at Geauga Lake in 2009: "Purchase a nice lakeside condo here at Geauga Acres right across the lake from Cedar Fair's wildwater Kingdom"

I would like to see something done on the old Flight Commander Pad. I know that would probably take a lot of work, as they filled in the stair well with concrete where you use to climb the stairs in the FC Que.

I would like to see TR:TR taken out and a smaller top spin put in the place where Flight Commander used to be. A new sit-down restaurant put in, and some new additions for Boomerang Bay.

2009: A new B+M invert put in the place where TR used to reside.

I think this seems resonable except I have my doubts on whether they will take out TR:TR.

Actually that may be beneficial that they filled the pad with concrete, now they don't have to design around a hole in the ground. They could use the same queue and just run it up the back side of the ride, trust me it's doable I spent a lot of time there 2 years ago.

Well according to coastergrotto.com Kings Island attandance dropped from 2005 to 2006

Kings Island

- Kings Mill, Ohio 3.05m

(-1.5%)

But then again so did Cedar Point by a larger percent...

Cedar Point

- Sandusky, Ohio 3.07m

(-2.5%)

So if we're talking new ride for next season, then I have a feeling there would be no new coaster; not based on attendance but based on money. I would go the flat ride/water park expansion route, if they add anything.

So a dive coaster is similar to what coaster at what park??? <_< What happened to a Maverick like coaster???

A dive coaster would be something like anything listed on this page.

Except for the fact that they would likely have to engineer a fresh foundation for the ride. They would likely have to end up tearing up a good portion of the concrete that they used to fill in the old stairs up to the old Flight Commander ride area. I agree though, that that location is a prime real estate and would do well with a new attraction. It would certainly liven up that side of the midway, and that area of the park.

Dinosaurs on the train? Why?

And PKIMike, Your suggestions for 2008 seem rather unreasonable for one reason. Cost. Removing an attraction, adding a medium sized flat ride, a sit down restaurant and stuff over at the water park is not cheap. And Cedar Fair is rather tight on money these days. And keep in mind that Cedar Fair did just spend $10 million on capital projects at the park for this season.

Well according to coastergrotto.com Kings Island attandance dropped from 2005 to 2006

Kings Island

- Kings Mill, Ohio 3.05m

(-1.5%)

But then again so did Cedar Point by a larger percent...

Cedar Point

- Sandusky, Ohio 3.07m

(-2.5%)

So if we're talking new ride for next season, then I have a feeling there would be no new coaster; not based on attendance but based on money. I would go the flat ride/water park expansion route, if they add anything.

So a dive coaster is similar to what coaster at what park??? <_< What happened to a Maverick like coaster???

A dive coaster would be something like anything listed on this page.

That is not what I am talking about. Nowhere have we seen that this years attendance is down. Is it down from the statistics you just posted?

No creature can hide from thee

from those that tread invisibly

cross hill and rain

through wood and rocks

marlfox, marlfox, marlfox.

They should start a themed area based on classic novels. Kind of like the comics area at Universal.

This is something that I would like to see.

m.f.21

But of course with that comes the issue of securing the rights to use those novels. And with securing those rights, inevitably comes paying money for the right to use those intellectual rights, which costs money. Money that Cedar Fair doesn`t really have.