NEW RIDE FOR 2008-2009

familyguyfun1

^I don't think this is the end at all for Geauga Lake. It was a really nice park years ago before Six Flags came in and ruined it. That park was not meant for there to be huge roller coasters all over the place. It was a nice family-atmosphered park that was a lot of fun for everyone. But then Six Flags threw down tons of concrete and steel and ruined that image. Cedar Fair is now trying to restore the park back to its beautiful state. I think it's more of a new beginning than an end.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came back from the park about 3 days ago and i overheard a worker talking to another guest and they where talking about a new ride in 2008... She said that KI was going to get a impulse coaster.

So im thinking how about Villien From Guega Lake. :unsure:

So you think they will move The Villain to KI and convert it to a impulse coaster.

Now, that would be quite a feat of engineering! :lol:

• 1 month later...
There wouldn't be a new ride to KI because we just got the Firehawk this year. What about the other Cedar parks? We can't just care about KI, there are other parks that want new rides too.

Okay neon, if you really want to care about *other parks* then please go to *their* fan site. Don't come to KI's fan site and talk about *other parks* and how they should get a roller coaster. Thanks neon for being a good sport :rolleyes:

Just because we got Firehawk doesn't mean Kings Island won't be getting a ride for next season.

Seriosly, in 1999 we got Face/Off and DZ, then in 2000 we got SOB, then in 2001 we got RR.

Although Face/Off and Reptar aren't that big SOB was huge... so since we got more of a small used coaster this year we could get a bigger coaster next year!

=]

Yea I thought it was too. While I don't see Kings Island getting a roller coaster for 2008 I can see a major flat ride and alot of general improvements in the park. I think the parking lot could use a repaving and maybe a few trees here or there. Maybe they could add like a giant moving sidewalk like in the airports instead of a tram.

For 2008 though I really really wouldn't be surprized if the water park got some attention.l

I hope if indeed they are improving BoomerRang Bay next year which I don't have a problem with even though I don't visit the water park much I think its a huge part of the park and I think it is kind of lacking techlogy wise with the rubber mats that kill your feet on some of the slides. I hope they get a few more nice new slides and not remove any of the older slides.

Another thing how in the world has the Beach been able to stay open with BoomerRang Bay.

They Just added Firehawk this year, so I doubt we will get any coasters 'till '09 AT LEAST. With TR:TR in Rivertown there's not mutch room for anything there. Maybe remove TR:TR over the 2007-2008 offseason and use it as a Drop Coaster Station for 2009? I'm on board with the Idea of using the FX Theater as a station for a Giant B&M Looper behind The Racer/recaR, or an add on to X-Base. As for 2008, look for some flat rides and an addition to Boomerang Bay. 2009-2010 is what to look forward to!

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there even though I know its HIGHLY unlikely. I have stated before how much I love the Jurassic Park Ride at Universals Islands of Adventure. I would love to see that kind of a ride replace Congo Falls sometime down the road. I like Congo Falls, but I just think its to short and as far as water rides go, lets face it Kings Island is kinda lacking them in the general park area. Yea you have White Water Canyon which is awesome but they took out the BIG Log Flume for tomb raider which a lot of people liked. If they are going to take out TR:TR I would like to see a bigger log flume ride like Jurassic Park at Universal ;)

In all honesty I dont kno whats going to happen, the rumors of the park already trying to be sold .. who knows whats gonna happen next year :unsure:

As much as I like water rides, I really cannot see a seasonal park spending the kind of money that would warrent a ride like Jurassic Park.

The season is already short enough, now combine that with an even shorter season for a water ride that many people are not willing to enjoy until it gets jiffy-pop hot outside. It becomes a rather expensive part-time ride.

A dark ride that everyone can enjoy at anytime of the year anytime of the day is a better solution.

What i think KI needs is a 300Ft. B&S (Butcher & Strunk) at X-Base

I couldn't agree more! It would be like Millenium force with a couple inversions

what is a B&S? I know B&M but not B&S????? What is that?

You will find out, in as little as 3 years (hopefully).

And as pointed out earlier by Beast 08 it stands for Butcher and Strunk...

I would love for them to put anything in that makes the Eiffel Tower look small.

Though Spirit Song, Sean Hannity Freedom Tour, and Weird Al, were all great, I think TimberWolf is sitting on too prime of real estate. I would not be suprised if they were to remove it to place a new ride there in the future. If they keep TimberWolf, I would like them to try to get some more acts even. I wouldn't even mind a reoccuring local band day. Have a bunch of locals in to try and build a fan base.

Back to the new ride stuff.....

I think that anything Kings Island does for a new coaster in Rivertown will not be like a cookie cutter coaster. Meaning, something new would definetly be an original due to the terrian. Lots of planning and land development will need to occur to place a new coaster in Rivertown. The land behind what the average park goer sees is not going to be easily developed. If there is something back there that is waiting to be brought to life, it probably won't happen until 2009.

I definetly think that if they were to make KI's skyline look more like CP, that their return on investment would be through the roof!

Yes I know the water flume idea was very unlikey I was just throwing it out there as something I would love to have a ki and I personally think would really be cool... in all seriousness tho we will probably get a flat ride maybe from geauga lake and new retheming to trtr .. thats my guess at least

That could fit very nicely where the trampolines are if they decide to take those out. however that could fit in a lot of areas due to the smaller size of it. It could also go nicely with that being the add on as well as a retheme to trtr .. but who knows.