2 KI questions? 1 is just for women

elizabethdyt

Well, on most rides, you will be required to take all valuables with you on the ride. The park will refuse to let you leave valuable articles such as phones and purses in the ride station.

Well, unless you want to purchase some towels at Boomerang Bay, you should bring your own towels.

For the women I was wondering if I should carry my purse or just put money in pockets.

I never bring my purse into the park. I carry my cell phone in my pocket and load my husband up with everything else since he usually wears cargo shorts. Trying to keep track of a purse in the park is just way to much for me to worry about.

The first few times we went, my hubby wore his cargo shorts and got to tote all my stuff. Then I saw this great little belt bag from TokiDoki for LeSportsac, and fell in love. Not like a reg fanny pack, but it's flat, and has a length of about 20", plus a zipper front pocket, a cell phone pocket, and a couple of slit pockets. Plus, on the inside- where the long zipper is, there is a carabiner on a stretch cord for my keys. It's made of ripstop nylon (the same thing parachutes are made of) and seems to be mostly waterproof with the exceptions of the zippers. I can stick a zipper baggie in there, and when we get on the water rides, I stick my phone and anything else I don't want wet in there, and it all still fits. They are expensive ($108 retail, but you can find them on eBay cheaper, I got mine for under $70), but if you go to KI a lot like we do, it's well worth the $.

As for towels, we go to BB everytime we go, and we have yet to take towels. We usually ride some rides, then mid afternoon go to BB and ride over there, lay out, whatever. By the time we're ready to go back to the main park, we're dry or almost dry, and when we stay until the fireworks, you'd never known we had been wet. We do however take dry clothes to change into just in case we need to.

deb

I always wear a pair of cargo shorts now when I go to the park, especially this year cause of Firehawk, it's the only ride I take my glasses off for other then TRTR but they have the pouches. So I put my glasses in my cargo pocket on Firehawk.

Fanny packs? Come on people, are we members of some other coaster organzation? :)

I swear by cargo shorts. Or the back of the wheelchair, since that seems to be my mode of transportation lately.

With the kind of stuff a lady MAY need with her, a bag of some sort is usually in order. Cargo shorts filled with stuff gets pretty bulky, and uncomfortable. If you've got a bag of some sort, you can change arms, sides of your body, whatever, and there's less discomfort. My hubby wouldn't carry half the stuff I need if I didn't have a bag... I'd have to pocket it. For me, a bag just makes more sense.

deb

Besides, the members of that coaster organization also wear clothes, drive cars, eat a lot at all you can eat buffets, etc. Just because something works well in a park for many is no reason for some others to look down their noses at the people who do it. I'd FAR rather see a guest use a fanny pack, belt or cargo shorts than to be conked in the head by a cellphone that some inane park policy caused a guest to take on a ride unsecured, and then lose...only to hit me or someone else.