why?

loganbc9

my trip to Kings Island the 22nd and 23rd were great.we rode everything,but i have one question why won't Son of Beast crew let you put anything in the bins at the station my friend had to hold her monkey she won other rides let you why not this one?

I have noticed this but when it reopened back on the 4th they would let you but since it closed then opened back up again they wont let you and i dont understand why because what is the point of having the bins there if you cant put loose articles in them.

My guess would be that someone got a splinter in one of their fingers at one of Cedar Fair Parks and you know they take safety very serious, so they probably came up with a new rule to not let guest store their items in bins for their own safety.

SOB has the metal bins from the tractor supply store. I have no idea why they wouldn't let anyone put anything in the bin. They still wouldn't let anyone put anything in them, even with they were only running one train. Sounds like the loose article policy has really gotten outta of control.

Wait til one of these carried on items clobbers another guest.

How can they possibly SAY they care about safety AND at the same time FORCE guests to carry on articles that are a potential hazard to other guests? (It hasn't been that many years since a loose cellphone purportedly banged another guest on a coaster at Geauga Lake).

I've watched Cedar Fair's policies on carry-on articles for years. They've ranged from NONE under any circumstances, to installing and encouraging tuse of bins, to none and the lockers are over there to ride ops watching loose articles at the control panel (yikes!). They have often been inconsistent, from park to park, within the same park and even on the same ride in the same day.

I agree. It seemed to me that for looping rides, the policy was not loose articles that were not attached to you in some way. Other rides were a bit more lenient, although most new rides don't allow anything either.

Maybe they haven't had time to revise the policy for the new SOB? I can't imagine another reason they would be so flipped out over what to do with the loose articles.

^haha yeah I think we've all wanted to do that at least once. I guess they'll have to start making people carry lose items onto drop zone, too.............

*end sarcasm*

Seriously that's ridiculous. There's no reason not to let people put belongings into the bins. KI isn't responsible for anything that's lost or stolen, and (to my knowledge) they're 100% safe. The only disadvantage is that the bins slow down the dispatch time for the trains.

I rode it a monday that they changed the rule. First time I rode it in the morning, they told us to put lose atricles in the bin. Later on, an employee in a suit came out of no where and told the ops that you must take everything on the ride.

What would happen if you were in the rosebowl. and a purse (or anything else) accidently fell out? they already sent the other train out of the station by the time you get back, and there is no E-brake before the rosebowl.. So.. does this mean an accident? I would bet so. I can't control how others secure their articles.

Maybe locker rental sales are down? :)

KI needs to put lockers in Action Zone, and Coney Mall.

There are already some in X-base, Rivertown, & Boomerang Bay.

=]

Uh sorry I don't want to have to pay to put my hat or other loose article in a locker when I could just put it in a bin at the ride platform. I hate how you can't do this on Firehawk and it sounds like they are enforcing policies just as non-guest friendly at other rides.

To heck with paying or not paying for a locker. I want to know how Cedar Fair intends to defend itself when, under its agents' express directions, Guest A takes large heavy object on ride, and Guest B is clobbered with it and injured, perhaps severely.

One thing is for darn sure. It's forseeable. I just foresaw it, and I am hardly a "Great Prophesier."

It could in fact be to speed up capacity on the ride, but they should let people know this before getting into line. Also they need to remove all of the signs that say "We are not responsible for articles left while riding". And replace them with, no articles may be left in the station while riding, and the bins need to be removed. Seems to me the policy changes from day to day. Also why is The Beast Crew still allowing people to leave items?

When I was at the park Monday with my friends from St. Louis I rode SOB twice and on the second ride the guy on the loudspeakers said that there were no negative G's on the ride so it was now safe to carry on loose articles. That didn't make any sense to me because regardless of G-forces the ride is so rough that it is still near impossible to maintain any sort of grip on anything other than the handle bars. Things could fly out of the car at any second.

I was actually really ticked the first time we rode because my friend had just bought a bunch of discounted paramount Beast glasses right before we rode because I told him he could leave them at the station. Fortunately none of his glasses were broken but we were still really ****ed off. It was especially irking because they had the bins sitting right there in the station.

When I was at the park Monday with my friends from St. Louis I rode SOB twice and on the second ride the guy on the loudspeakers said that there were no negative G's on the ride so it was now safe to carry on loose articles. That didn't make any sense to me because regardless of G-forces the ride is so rough that it is still near impossible to maintain any sort of grip on anything other than the handle bars. Things could fly out of the car at any second.

I was actually really ticked the first time we rode because my friend had just bought a bunch of discounted paramount Beast glasses right before we rode because I told him he could leave them at the station. Fortunately none of his glasses were broken but we were still really ****ed off. It was especially irking because they had the bins sitting right there in the station.

I guess I just don't get the point unless they are trying to **** customers off. I don't really see it as a capacity issue because how long does it take to put something in a bin. Lets say it did slow down each dispatch by 20 or 30 seconds. As a guest I would much rather wait a few extra minutes in line so that I could put my stuff in a bin as opposed to paying for a locker. In my opinion not only is it a safety issue to bring loose articles on the ride with you but it also hampers the ride experience. You can't let yourself go wild with your arms up if you are constaly worrying about your bag flying out of the train.

As for SOB not having any negative Gs many people have reported an increase in air time. What do you think causes air time ;)

At Holiday World ride ops walk the queues collecting loose articles and place them in bins before you get on. This is the best of both worlds b/c you dont' have loose articles on the ride and you don't slow the operation of your ride down.