Top Thrill Dragster to PKI?

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

I know its probley not true that Cedar Point is going to move there 20 million doller Top Thrill Dragster only 4 hours down the rode but I just want to hear your guys opinions! :)

But...Wouldn't that be a great addition?

I don't think Dragster fits in Kings Island's atmosphere. It seems too extravagant. But for the record, it may be short, but it really is a phenomenal ride and well worth a decent wait in my opinion.

Actually, I have a love/hate relationship with TTD because it's conditioned me too much to withstand large drops to the point where Millennium Force is tame now!!

Which is why the Maverick drop is so cool...in addition to the 95 degree drop, the launch lift adds a lot too! Hopefully the industry continues to innovate!!

I dont know if you've heard this before but Dick Kinzel said that: "Magnum was the best business dicision Cedar Fair ever made, and Top Thrill Dragster was the worst business desicion Cedar Fair ever made." I surely hope they're not going to just pass their #$@% down to Kings Island to let our maintainence deal with the headache. Aswell I would have a very difficult time thinking of a place where that ride would actually fit.

I surely hope they're not going to just pass their #$@% down to Kings Island to let our maintainence deal with the headache.

We're still reeling from the headache Cedar Fair kindly renamed as Firehawk, thank you very much. ;)

I know its probley not true that Cedar Point is going to move there 20 million doller Top Thrill Dragster only 4 hours down the rode but I just want to hear your guys opinions! :)

But...Wouldn't that be a great addition?

That would be a horrible addition. Not that this will ever happen.

I surely hope they're not going to just pass their #$@% down to Kings Island to let our maintainence deal with the headache.

Yeah, I would hate to make that decision.

What is not going to be operating today, SoB or TTD? But funny enough, TTD has ran rather consistant for the last couple years now.

BTW, for those who actually think it could happen, TTD is not being moved to KI, or anywhere else. You have a better chance of riding live unicorns through SoB's new loop.

Actually, I am sure Mr. Kinzel would gladly sell Top Thrill Dragster to Six Flags, who could put it at Great Adventure right beside Kingda Ka. They could call it Son of Ka. And on most days, at least one of the two OUGHT to work. Right????

(Too bad Messrs Snyder and Shapiro are too smart to make the mistake Mr. Story made...buying an INTAMIN rocket coaster even though example #1 still had not proven itself reliable!)

• 1 month later...

Oh, believe me folks. This is going to happen. It's going to be cheap to move it as well. Why? They only are removing the track which will later be welded to the Eiffel Tower... :P

Then, Dragster's tower will have a restaurant added to the top to make it the world's first strata restaurant. By the way, did I mention that I am dating Beyonce'?

Yea TTD will not be moving to any park. I have been on TTD quite a few times and I never really thought it to be that much fun anyway.

I've gotta admit. I thought both Dragster and MF are like one-time things. I'd ride 'em again, but I certainly don't think a trip to CP would necessarily be lacking if I didn't ride them next time. Magnum for me, sir.

Wait... I thought TTD was already at KI:

21821464835.jpg

Sorry it's blurry, my camera was acting up ALL day! -Hauntguy

Great job with the Photoshop! Scale looks pretty good.

I would like to see Kingda Ka moved so it's behind TTD, turned 180 degrees from TTD. Launch both trains at the same time toward each other and see which one makes the top hat first. I say toward each other because the closing speed would be over 240 mph. Kinda freaky. Yeah, KK is higher, but it's also faster. Could be the new racing coaster at KI.