Addicted to The Beast

Nick317

This is just my 2nd post on here and its only been 6 days since my 1st trip to KI & I cannot stop thinking about The Beast. I have to go onto Youtube and watch the video just to get some satisfaction and calm down but i need to ride the real thing! I was really excited when I went to KI to ride this coaster but I had no idea it would do this to me. I wish I lived closer than 320 miles away but I am in the process of getting a trip organized for September some time. I love this coaster! Also i was curious as to if anyone knows how many feet it actually drops from that break shed until that hill in front of the 2nd lift

This is just my 2nd post on here and its only been 6 days since my 1st trip to KI & I cannot stop thinking about The Beast. I have to go onto Youtube and watch the video just to get some satisfaction and calm down but i need to ride the real thing! I was really excited when I went to KI to ride this coaster but I had no idea it would do this to me. I wish I lived closer than 320 miles away but I am in the process of getting a trip organized for September some time. I love this coaster! Also i was curious as to if anyone knows how many feet it actually drops from that break shed until that hill in front of the 2nd lift

Glad to know I'm not the only person that watches the youtube video to fulfill some unavoidable urge to ride The Beast when I am unable to. Knowing this makes me feel like less of a dork. :P However, sorry I can't answer your question...I'm sure someone here infinitely more smarter than I will answer that question.

You are not alone...it really is an unbelievable ride. I live about the same distance from the park as you, but actually got a season pass one year just to ride The Beast. Yeah, I've got issues. Anyway, I'll be riding it this weekend for the first time in 2 years. Glad to hear someone else enjoys the ride as well...

My name is Brian...and I am a Beast addict. Have been ever since about 1982. I still have not kicked the habit and I'm not sure I ever will. I want to do the same thing my grandfather did...ride The Beast well into his 70's.

Long Live The Beast!

Have you beast addicts rode Voyage ?

I haven't ridden Voyage yet but I want to. One of my really good friends rode it a few days ago and she said it was amazing and it had a lot of airtime. Came back with a few bruises though.

Have you beast addicts rode Voyage ?

You know just because the Voyage "exists" doesnt mean that The Beast is any worse of a ride. But then I guess it's cool to be a rebel in a thread where everyone is talking about how great The Beast is.

Anyway to answer your question Nick, the total elevation change of the train on The Beast is about 202ft the break shed holds you about 75 ft below the top of the first hill. Since the first hill is I believe 110 ft tall, that would mean that the break shed is about 25-30ft off the ground. Meaning that the distance from the break shed to the lowest point on the ride is still about 125ft or so. This is why the ride would have been capable of holding trains in the break shed.

Yes I also love The Beast! it never gets old! last night I rode it for the first time in the dark... Its alot cooler in the dark!!! The tunnel after the MCBR is pitch black, and its just so neat!!!