Move One Ride from Anywhere in the Country to KI

Agreed. How about we rob KBF of Xcelerator? I'm feeling devious. ;)

-S

I've always wanted to ride Xcelerator, it looks like a pretty awesome ride. But if we couldn't steal it I would still like a similar ride that's as tall or taller (205ft) as fast or faster (82mph) and definitely longer (2202ft).

I did forget to mention intense. BUT still, both coasters are smooth and well rounded. By that I mean that they both have a good combination of elements. Massive drop into a tunnel. A bunny hop that easily gives 4-5 seconds of airtime, the helices, and the twisted section with the overbanked turns and multiple head chopper effects. A well rounded coaster.

• 1 month later...
Agreed. How about we rob KBF of Xcelerator? I'm feeling devious. ;)

-S

I've always wanted to ride Xcelerator, it looks like a pretty awesome ride. But if we couldn't steal it I would still like a similar ride that's as tall or taller (205ft) as fast or faster (82mph) and definitely longer (2202ft).

I always wanted to ride Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Velencia, California. That first drop into the tunnel at over 250 feet looks awesome. So, my vote is for Goliath.

Both of these are 2 of my favorite coasters I've EVER ridden!

• 2 weeks later...
X-Flight!

Oh wait...

:lol: What I want for 2008:

Volcano

Shockwave (KD)

Milenium Force

Raptor

Wicked Twister

Dominator

Top Gun (Carowinds)

Incredible Hulk

GhostRider

Silver Bullet

Xelerator

Shivering Timbers

Kraken

Wildfire

Batman&Robin: The Chiller

Nitro

El Toro

Goliath

X

Tatsu

Georga Scorcher

Wild Thing (Vallyfair!)

Renagade

Loch Ness Monster

Any one of the above will do!

In my opinion there is no reason to remove a ride unless:

A. It is a maintainence nightmare, causing large amounts of downtime and having very high repair costs.

B. Multiple Incidents. [on a par with Flight Commander or Superman Tower of Power]

C. There is something far better lined up for its spot that CANNOT be put anywhere else.

Now lets analyze Top Gun using the DeLorean Rider Ride Removal Analysis Method:

A. Top gun has very little downtime. Little downtime=few repairs=lower running cost.

B. Number of Top Gun incidents: 0 [The cherry picker incident in 2002 was not due to the ride itself, nor the person who had a heart attack in 2003]

C. Last I checked there were no media releases about a CrAzY Intamin or B&M lined up for TG's spot. In addition, there are several other places that rides could be added before the park needs to start cutting rides. Not to mention, the valley that Top Gun is specifically designed for, isnt exactly the most friendly for building.

Now lets list the reasons FOR removing Top Gun:

...[crickets chirping]...

As far as I'm concerned, if you dont like it DONT RIDE IT! Shorter lines for the rest of us.

^What about an enormous footprint for a ride with very low ridership?

Don't get me wrong, I love top gun, but I won't say I'd miss it a whole lot if it was gone. It covers a TON of land back there, and KI could easily fit a mammoth coaster in its place. On that note... I'd rather see them expand in Rivertown. Action Zone has plenty of big rides as it is... spread out the crowd, KI!

A couple things. Who says Top Gun has a very low ridership? And why removed existing rides to add new rides if you don`t have too. Hypothetically speaking, how many people would have been upset if they had removed Top Gun to install Firehawk this year? (Granted Firehawk wouldn`t exactly work on Top Gun`s site, but hang with me). You would have people that would be mad with that type of ride replacing Top Gun. But instead of removing a major ride like Top Gun, Kings Island expanded on undeveloped land. This in turn increases the park capacity. 1,000 people distributed evenly among eleven rides as opposed to 1,000 people for ten rides results in less people waiting in line for those eleven rides.

Additionally, Top Gun wasn`t specifically designed for its site. Vortex at Canada`s Wonderland, which opened in 1991 is a suspended Arrow coaster with almost the exact layout as Top Gun. Top Gun opened in 1993. Granted, Top Gun does fit pretty well to the topography of its site.

Exactly, and for your low ridership/large footprint idea, I hate to tell you but Beast hasn't had much of a line all year! But, that doesnt mean its not moving the same amount of people as any other ride there! The addition of Coasters like Robbie said makes lines shorter and paths less crowded, that is a plus!

...so would lower attendance. Which, by all accounts, is the case.

Which is why we need a ride from anywhere in the country!

Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant. The truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar.

Ted: Yes, Bill. But, I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen until we have a triumphant video.

Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we even have decent instruments.

Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments when we don't really even know how to play?

Bill: That is why we NEED Eddie Van Halen!

Ted: And THAT is why we need a triumphant video.

Bill, Ted: EXCELLENT!