Move One Ride from Anywhere in the Country to KI

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, people are using past precedent as a semi-accurate indicator of the future.

Drop Zone/Tower doesn't do that much mechanically, by comparison. The gondola rises, the seats spin, and the gondola is released and stopped.

Falcon's Fury will rise, then rotate the seats forward, then release. It's only one more action, but it's an action Intamin's never done before. Actually, no one's done it before. So I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect that it's not going to work perfectly all the time.

Heaven knows I love El Toro and Storm Runner, but negative stereotypes against Intamin have been known to be right before. And if you want to get all huffy about a "bashing bandwagon," let's have a talk about your B&M-related posts.

• Like 2

Why would falcons fury have downtime? Drop zone is not like that.

People think their cool cause they get on a company's bashing bandwagon.

He was referring to the fact that Facons Fury will not be at the top of the tower for long and usually in the down position.... :D

If it isn't down a lot, the future Falcon's Fury from BGA.

It will be down most of the time. Very little of the time is a drop ride rising or at the top.

Why would falcons fury have downtime? Drop zone is not like that.

People think their cool cause they get on a company's bashing bandwagon.

He is saying the majority of the time on even operational drop rides is spent on the loading and unloading process.

Then consider how they are generally "down" as in at the bottom of the pole, whenever the park is closed. ;)

I would love to see the defunct Big Dipper moved down to Kings Island. All it needs is fixed up a lot and then it's ready to go.

Big Dipper from Geauga Lake? I loved that coaster, but I think we'd have a better chance at getting a new coaster eveyy year for the next 5 years first. But great ride nonetheless.

• Like 1

Vortex by Technical Park

Just rode this today 3 times at the Ohio State Fair. It's the ride that finally dethroned Tomb Raider as my all time favorite flat ride. I took a video, too.

vortex.JPG

It feels very solid and the forces going upside down aren't as bad as you would think. The seats are surprisingly comfortable. It has a nice second restraint system for safety.

It takes a minute for the ride to really get started!

I should have a complete trip report sometime this week for the Ohio State Fair.

• Like 2

That looks like a ride for Canada's Wonderland...they love those totally insane flats! Totally forgot about the OSF this year, any other noteable rides?

It seemed that Moonraker, Space Roller, Power Surge, and a pendulum ride I forgot the name to were the other standouts at the fair. Unfortunately, I didn't ride Moonraker because only a few seats were functional, so the queue didn't really move at all when we came back to it. I will have to say Space Roller is the most ridiculously intense flat ride I've ever ridden.