Move One Ride from Anywhere in the Country to KI

Since we said anywhere, and nothing about realistic ideas, I pick Millennium Force!

BB7, thinking on the bright side.

BB1 would rather get Maverick than a Millennium Force, or as a YoungStud would say "Millennium Forceless".

BB1, thinking out of the box.

• Like 1

• Gatekeeper (Cedar Point) with Invertigo and/or Congo Falls
  • Top Thrill Dragster (Cedar Point) with Backlot Stunt Coaster
  • Guardian (Canada's Wonderland) with The Crypt
  • Justice League : Alien Invasion 3D with Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2007 at 9:14 AM, MarketingExpress said:

If you could take one ride from any park in the country and place it at Kings Island, what ride would you pick, and where would you place it?

As much as I love Millennium Force, I think that if you took it from its current setting next to the bay something would be missing from the ride. I don’t know what it is, just something about going up the lift and being able to look out over bay adds to the experience.

I personally would like to see Volcano from Kings Dominion at KI. This would only work if CF actually took care of the theming on this ride. I could see them taking out half of Action Theatre’s queue and using the current entrance as an entrance to a new area, maybe a Jungle themed area? This ride would fit perfectly in that type of area and they would be able to keep the trees like they have in Rivertown.

I would take fury 325

51 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Double post

I've been on Canada's Wonderland's website recently and I have to say I'm pretty jealous of their flat ride line up. 

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/rides/Thrill-Rides/Shockwave

Sledge-Hammer-image-2.jpg

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/rides/Thrill-Rides/Sledge-Hammer

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/rides/Thrill-Rides/Soaring-Timbers

I'd agree with you on that. I love the flats that I've been on at Canada's Wonderland. 

Sledge Hammer is completely amazing! It's had it's operational issues but it's a lot of fun!

• Like 4

I also am on the bandwagon for KI getting a flat ride package like CW.  I remember thinking that when I was there last...and that was June 1999!  KI has always had a serious hang-up with getting good quality flats, (except for the one shining incident when they put in Delirium). 

I will stand by my comments from a few years ago and say that they should've gotten an Aquatrax/Maverick-style coaster.  BUT, I also like Rhyano's idea of Cobra's Curse...I would just pull Backlot SC out of there and drop CC in it's place.

• Like 1

Think Pony Express could be cool. I deally if it was possible think it'd be great to jsut gut BLSC and put on Pony Express type trains with horses and landsape the area. Think it woudl make a fun ride and be different, plus with the horses/steeplechase theme and look it would fit in with both Rivertown adn Coney Mall well since it kind of sits on the border. Plus still give a good family level intermediate ride.

• Like 1

If not Pony Express, use some land between MT & The Crypt building to install a ride like River Battle @ DW.  Maybe trick it out a little bit more with a cave section and an animatronic character, or have a small log flume lift and drop, (maybe 10 - 12' high).  A fun family ride when it gets hot out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As I've stated before on another thread, I don't have a problem with standups as long as they aren't huge and forceful. Georgia Scorcher has always been a smaller, more decent sized standup. As for color I'd probably go with dark or even electric green and navy blue supports and put it in the center of the park behind the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I think I speak for my friends when they say they wish The Bat/Flight Deck/Top Gun was a little closer inland compared to how it's laid out now. Now hear me out, this is for they're sake not mine. I don't mind walking that far to ride it, but I understand where they're coming from with their argument.

• Like 1

^ I feel like Cedar Fair is trying to get rid of their stand up coasters. The only one they haven't terminated yet is Vortex at Carowinds. Just my opinion though. If they ever wanted to bring a classic roller coaster to Kings Island, I would say rebuild the classic Big Dipper(GCI style). Not sure where they would put it, but that's the only ride I can think of right now.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...